For me it's The New International Version

For me it's The New International Version

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Ramey_Mollenkott
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

patrician

plebeian

Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.

For me it's Da Jesus Book.

heathen

KJV and it's not even a question

>KJV and it's not even a question

Use the Douay-Rheims translation.

>reading a translation done through the help of a dyke

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Ramey_Mollenkott

Young's Literal Translation because I'm an autist.

>not exclusively reading an interlinear Bible

lmao

"God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva."

NRSV > NIV

NRSV > KJV

>all the anglos fighting because of english translations
>they haven't read the bible in at least 3 languages
kekeronni

>not reading the Barnes & Noble KJV edition that has all these sick illustrations

Some of them are simple like this and then some of them are incredibly shaded and detailed. They're seriously so beautiful that I'm considering getting a tattoo of one of them.

is the bible even good?

It's very good.

how? what is it about the bible that people here seem to like? it seems that people here only like the bible because they grew up with the bible and the church, so you're just attached to it and this is not really for people who never touched christianity.

Do you not find it at all interesting to read the book that people have lauded for several thousand years? Just its cultural and historical significance alone should be appreciated by even the pudgiest of fedora wearing neckbeards.

people praise it almost the same way as how they celebrate their national identity. religion is just identity, it's not something you get into, it's something you're born with. you can't be interested in it, you're just attached to it, that's all.

the west has been the most likable when they're least christian. no one moves to the west for the strictness of religious lifestyle. the definitive western culture is NOT christian at all. going to Miami beach in bikinis, making physical contact with the opposite sex before marriage, sexual freedom, liberalism, etc etc those are not christian.

Imagine being this much of a pleb. I was raised as an Atheist, and I recently bought a Bible from 1706 from ebay. Also just bought the Barns and Noble King James Version because I like Dore's illustrations and think its beautifully worded. Stupid Fedora shitlib hedonist scum. And no, im not even a christfag. I see the Bible the same way as I see the divine Comedy and paradise Lost: al Western Mythology.

well ok if you personally like it. but to say that it has been lauded for several thousand years is just clueless. bible fans are not book people. they don't praise the bible the same way as how they praise a patrician novel or a philosophy book. maybe you bumped into Veeky Forums and you felt the necessity to get into christianity because /pol/ etc.

I like the nrsv

>Religion is as inaccessible to outsiders as natoonality

You need 2 languages to read in its original form, Ancient Hebrew and Ancient Greek.

what i'm saying is that i don't trust converts.

> the definitive western culture is going to the beach in bikinis, sexual freedom and liberalism

> 2018
> believing in sky daddy

Guys, it’s time to grow up...

And here come the kike on a stick butthurt chrisfags, >>>>>>MUHFUGGINFEDORAH

I grew out of my Fedora Phase Long before I started Browsing /pol/

>I am a smart consumer!
You're no different.
He's right.

>Ancient Greek
>Koine
>ancient

>it seems that people here only like the bible because they grew up with the bible and the church
is it really that hard for atheists to accept that one's perception can change? Look, most people become atheists by themselves, right? They start thinking in their own and questioning things, they don't see an answer and stop believing. This is fine, and happens to a fuckload of people, but then they think they arrived at the supreme truth ON THEIR OWN, withouth studying 1 book on the matter, not a book in favor of atheism, not a book in favor of christianity, and still, they think they are absolutely right. But let me tell you, once you open your mind and candidly, maturely, honestly study ANY subject, your opinion can change, and guess what, just the way one becomes an atheist, one can also, on their own, become a christian. Is not really that hard of a concept.

seriously, you think the reason people believe in God is because their parents shoved down their throats with no possibility of a choice? In that case, its even more likely the son will rebel against religion. People leave atheism because they see the truth in christianity, simple as that, just see the amount of christians that used to think just like you and now are christians.

And if you're not a pleb, you'll learn Latin also to read the Vulgate.

>all Christians are evangelicals and Mormons

>religion is just identity
>you can't be interested in it
>[definitive western culture is] going to Miami beach in bikinis, making physical contact with the opposite sex before marriage, sexual freedom, liberalism, etc etc

wew lad