Shelf Thread

Just moved - figured I'd celebrate with a vain, narcissistic post.

Come on in! Let's see what you got.

Jackass Volume One is my favorite book

IIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIII\\\\
II ===

Better view of the top shelves.

I see what you did there

I have the same copies of The Greek Myths, found them for $8 at a 2nd hand store in near mint condition

How many of these have you read?

r8

>Mein persönlicher Finanzordner
What's the book next to Faust? What's the publisher of Goethes/Schillers Werke? How's Freytags Die Verlorene Handschrift?

im like the biggest nerd i just love reading i could read aĺl day ! aha

>gilgameme
>le sniff man
>trotsky, mao, achebe, foucault, stein, marx
>ee fucking cummings
>DVDs, incl Dancer In The Dark
you don't deserve that joseph campbell. matter of fact, you need to re-examine your life.

good lord you even have this guy.

I like d colours n that they b same heights

>Defends Joseph Campbell
>Is a brainlet
Every fucking time

god i wish that was me

Joseph Campbell and The Rolling Stones
Couldn't give me a myth
So I had to write my own

those are his adopted daughters, creep

i know so what

Nette Kollektion, user.
Invest in a copy of 20000 Meilen unterm Meer.

1/5

2/5

3/5

4/5

5/5

>He actually buys Zizek books.

And why not?

>shitting on Stein
You’re on the wrong board, friend

stole mine

Wie ist die deutsche Übersetzung von Paradise Lost? Würdest du die Bücher über Mönchtum und Klosterleben empfehlen?

>tfw you will never ebe able to read multiple languages.

Meh, hab sie mir damals nur bestellt weil Amazon Warehouse Deal. Sowas sollte man mM wenn die Möglichkeit besteht im Original lesen. Für den Monolingualen aber ein ausreichender Einblick. You must better zer english, Hans.

"Klosterleben im Mittelalter" lässt primär die damalige Zeit sprechen durch Zitate und Schriftverkehr, was ich sehr informativ bis amüsant fand in Anbetracht wie wenig sich der Mensch doch wirklich ändert.

"Geschichte des christlichen Mönchtums" gibt auch einen sehr großzügigen Einstieg für den Nicht-Fachmann.

Schau mal bei Booklooker.de, dort findest du die Taschenbuchausgaben vermutlich für unter 5€ inklusive Versand wenn du keinen Wert auf Neuware legst.

SORRY BOYS I DON'T SPEAK NAZI

>You must better zer english, Hans.
Ich glaube nicht, dass mein Englisch jemals gut genug sein wird, um Werke auf so einem Niveau zu lesen. Vielleicht wäre eine Option, erst die Übersetzung und dann das Original zu lesen. Aber das nimmt Zeit in Anspruch und es gibt so viele Bücher die noch gelesen werden wollen...

Ansonsten danke für die Infos. Booklooker kannte ich noch gar nicht.

Ich hab nach der Realschule auf Niveau "Hello, meyn Name ist, Potato." gestanden. Jetzt, 5 Jahre später, träume ich in english und rede manchmal in ihr statt Deutsch ohne es direkt zu merken. Zieh dir paar Serien und suchte durch. Hab damals glaub mit ... Gott wie heißts noch, True Blood (Asche auf mein Haupt) angefangen. War schwer den Neger zu verstehen aber ging (Notfalls Untertitel in English). Ansonsten sowas wie Star Trek order I Dream of Jeannie. Kinderniveau halt. Und natürlich: lesen, lesen, lesen. Anfangs brauchte ellenlang für jede Seite aber nach einem halben Jahr schon haste den Dreh raus mit den meisten Vokablen.

Die "kritische Phase" in der Spracherlernung liegt bei 6-10 Jahren, danach wirds schwerer. Von daher solltest du es auch schaffen.
Denk einfach an das ganze Material was dir eröffnet wird. ZB die "God's hilosopher" und "How The Catholic Church Made The Modern World". Davon gibts keine Übersetzungen aber es waren mit die informativsten die ich gelesen habe und jene die ich am liebsten mit Normies teilen würde.

PS: Shitposting war übrigens auch eine gute Übung. Keine Lehrer kontrolliert dich so pedantisch wie die fellow neckbeards hier. Das bleibt hängen.

Poorfag edition.

Plz no bully

>map on the wall
>model ships
>antique books
Your riches might not lie in materialism but in other aspects.

Would you recommend "Technological Society" to someone simpatising with the Unabomber?

why some books are upside down?

Der Sparkassenordner leeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

P nice shelf desu. Mine is small right now and I'm beginning to read more books.

and i bet you've never read them and neither has op
i have the same set, bought for about the same price (£5), and i have never read mine either

Pretty fucking good. Saved for inspiration.

>Culture of Critique

1/4

2/4

4/4

woops my bad senpai, I was really tired when I wrote that. I thought I had read Steinem. Stein is boss.

I unironically want to read Culture of Critique but my parents will think i'm a Nazi when they ask what books I bought.

>Caring what your parents think
>About your reading material, of all things
You have to be 18+ to be here.

First of six, had to take the pictures with an old phone

Ehhh, that looks nice enough as is, only three total then

Jesus, please tell me your kids also use this shelf user

Please no bully.

lol you haven't read a single book off that shelf
lmaoing at your copy of finnegans wake you pseud
you must have stolen most of those, right?

1/2

2/2
Judge me.

I give you half marks

lol’d

I'm just reading Culture of Critique and the print is so fucking near the middle, especially on the left pages that there is no way that 700 pages doorstopper will not look fucked up once read. You literally have to break the back to read it.

What’s Revelations of Divine Love like?

Living meme. Unironically kill yourself.

>faggot spinner

Gee whiz, I wish I could find that Blu-ray box set of Nichijou for a decent price.

>Gee whiz

joga fora esse olavo de carvalho seu bigoludo

I’m reading culture of critique and I must say it is quite racist and anti Semitic, who let this book be published? Haven’t read neon kampf yet but I expect it to be abhorrent

2/

3/

4/
Jojo is a good anime and manga

Eu não sou olavete, muito pelo contrário, inclusive, considero-o um câncer.
Mas sim, eu possuo alguns livros dele e já os li.

Good point. I appreciate.
Thank you.

what happened to the ancient posters with serious libraries? where has rapture been?

Poop

I used that Art History textbook for a 20th c. art class! Do you mind looking up the artist that made a doll out of his ex-girlfriend? I'm certain I read about it there.

>the only Nabokov book he has is Look at the Harlequins

How does this happen?

Interesting choices.
Are you studying something Phil related?
Beautiful hardcovers and some great titles.
Love to see so much love for Pessoa

Excuse the shitty quality

He has all of his short stories

>biology and historical facts are racist and anti-semitic
Maybe reality is racist and has a good reason to be anti-semitic?

Nice
which edition is that?I don't recognize this.

Not that guy but I'd recommend the technological society to anyone.

I really like how that history book put a giant swastika on the back of that book. That doesn't look awkward in any shelf at all.

woah, that's like racist man I bet you think women are generally weaker than men too you homosexual

Ok, i post my collection. Attention:

This is so powerful

And my old section. I have more, if you're interested in upload more said me, thanks

uuups, here's the photo:

Who is the publisher of that edition of lolita?

what the fuck is up with the levitating book in the middle shelf on the right it's freaking me out

t. nazi fag

shut it fag

maybe not weaker but definitely dumber, you know, as children are. you fag

It's an editorial called Seix Barral. (In Spanish)

>anime figure
You automatically lose

I haven't read it yet. I started at some point but I stopped because I wasn't feeling it then. The language seems quite beautiful though. One of the few mystic works written by a woman in English.
>Interesting choices.
>Are you studying something Phil related?
Thanks. Nah, I'm a pure dilettante. I don't know if/what I should study.