Whoa. So this is the power of simplified English

Whoa. So this is the power of simplified English...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qj5x6pbJMyU
youtube.com/watch?v=0gqi_OOJVBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=czaVJ7x12dE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably bait, but it’s not simplified. It’s a dialect, and it’s governed by grammatical rules just like “standard” English. There is no language use that is independent of the humans speaking it. To speak a language is to speak a dialect of that language.

>inb4 relativist marxist postmodern blah blah blah

Who is protesting? I don't understand.

>but it’s not simplified
Pidgin, n. an auxiliary language that has come into existence through the attempts by the speakers of two different languages to communicate and that is primarily a simplified form of one of the languages, with a reduced vocabulary and grammatical structure and considerable variation in pronunciation.

Man, that picture really put me in an Afrobeat mood, I'm gonna listen to Fela Kuti now

Where does your dictionary.com entry you prepared beforehand claim AAVE is an auxiliary language

Also I can't find a single google result for that headline, so I guess it's fake?

That's not AAVE thats pidgin from BBC africa

I refuse to listen to people who talk like this. It's a forced dialect that for some reason is pushed as hip and cool to young people. Go into any school and you'll see that the number of people who unironically sound like OP's pic is appalling.

Canadian doctors protesting because their pay is too high

Lol.

Wow. They see it as charity to reduce their pay, but it disincentivizes upcoming doctors.

>Hey kid, spend years gruelling in medical school for the promise of reduced pay year after year!
>Who cares that it's a demanding job which requires high intellect?
>Nurses who are objectively stupider than you need more money!

Truedough - 1
Drumpf - 0

>forced dialect
this is literally how people speak in west africa

That's ebonics, not pidgin english. And I agree, hip-hop culture has degraded the spoken language greatly.

Hmm...

Alright you got me. In the case of pidgin languages, they actually are simplified. Thanks for correcting me.

>big mineral company

?????

What exactly do you dislike about Ebonics? Not trying to be confrontational, just curious.

Doctors be cry.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qj5x6pbJMyU
>implying this song in pidgin English is not better than anything a /pol/-tard could sing or create

ya'll niggas are cultureless swine

youtube.com/watch?v=0gqi_OOJVBQ

never would think someone on Veeky Forums would post about Fela. nice.

Hold up guys, are these sentences actually less grammatically complex than they would be in standard dialect? Doesn't seem like it to me.

Veeky Forums should hate and despise anything that does not come or be derived from the White race.

Confirmed for truth. I live there. They call it pidgin or broken. it took me a while to wrap my head around it, and I still have strouble getting all being said when they talk fast

Go chek out some of the modern artists. Shatawale and Ebony Reigns from Ghana (She mixes the broken with the Twi tho). And Olamide from Nigeria.

BBC uk online has a pidgin section, for those of you who want to study the lingo.

Me, a no dey speak am well but a dey kno how. mak a tak two more years here u go see

The lingo is simplified in the sense that a small handful of reflexive verbs are used instead of the multitude of ennglish ones. The most used ones are 'Fo': "U fo pay ma salary", "A fo wash" etc. 'Dey': "A dey house", "A dey fo beach", "A no dey lie", etc. 'Mak': "Mak a tak one beer", "Mak a chop fufu", "Mak am no say dat" etc... 'Go': "A go beat u", "If a mak chop 200 a go flex oo"

A funny one is the way they use say: "If u feel say u no like, y u pretend like u like am", "A no belief say juju be real but a fear am"

Im not a native english speaker, but I often find that I have to explain myself to locals when I use certain words or phrases, assuming they will understand english.

I like the way it sounds. Something satisfying about how retarded it sounds... the eager, unintelligible flow...

youtube.com/watch?v=czaVJ7x12dE
different pidgin

No, but don't you see? Because things have some similarities, we can't ever consider how they might still be different. Everything is the same as everything else. Don't you believe in equality?