Whats the next step for Art?

Whats the next step for Art?

"post-political" nonsense

hopefully fuck off with that edgy pseudo modern lgbt shit and get back to real art, but that ain‘t gonna happen soon.
every artist today thinks they are so fucking special with their uncreative garbage just based on their race or gender.
it isn‘t about the art anymore, just how many people will talk about your “unique“ piece of shit on twatter.

Post-post-ironic memes.

it was once about god, then it was about humanity, now its about the individual, next.. ?

Whatever happened to Art, do you think it will ever be appreciated in the mainstream again.

>art is objective

>I want people to stop creating art based on their individuality
>I came to that conclusion by assessing art based on my individual understanding of what it should be

What's smaller than the individual?

Art is dead. Whatever sells well is art today.

The ego

hyperreality and hyperawareness

Personae

Memes

yes. all artists are like this. nothing else is happening in our society except the one thing i am paying attention to. no other possibilities exist.

this is not true

As you can see from this thread, people barely even know the previous and the current step of art. You estimate how reliable their prognoses are.

This is the stupidest post itt. Congratulations, you fucking moron, that's no small feat.

It is appreciated in the mainstream, though.

very informative retort, fagtron.

no u

your post is worse than the posts you're quoting because they at least said somethign whereas you just scream 'no' like an infant

But that's what you just did?

yeah my post is pretty bad too

interactive webpages and apps combining poetry, film, music, ect.

segregation and ethnic truths instead of objective truth. emergent ethno states and endogamic propaganda

Whatever it is, it certainly won't be predicted by an amateur critic working at a Tibetan salt mine

(btw, wtf is all this Tibetan salt shit coming from? Aren't the people there still horrendously oppressed by the Chinese government? Should we be worried about the economic destruction of the Himalayas? Is it actually from Tibet, or did the Chinese just start selling msg under a trendy, new-age name?)

>real art

lmfao

This but unironically

I can guarantee you've never been to a "real art" show irl.

*gasp*...no!

videogames?

Do people actually feel any emotion when they look at art like the attached pic? It sold for $105.7 million.

this

No. Art market is irrelevant when it comes to meaning.

I'm so tired of this meme. 1) Auctions are not the only thing going on in the art world. 2) Very large purchases usually only go to historically important works, collectors with very specific interests, or a combination of the two. 3) Clearly, given that it did sell for that much, other people measure art by different criteria than you. Rather than complain about what sold for how much, maybe try putting forward some good arguments why you are right. Of course, chances are, if you're making this kind of post, you've got a very limited sense of art history, almost no sound aesthetic philosophy, and do not actually create things yourself.

> implying these people create art based on their individuality or even in their 'authentic' culture and are not merely performing standardized ready made identities

>emotion
>beauty
>real art

Pure schizophrenia

I'll give you an argument: A child could have made it!
Checkmate

this was already done in expressionism and neo-expressionism (particularly Tachisme)

there is no amount of education in art history that can make that painting selling for 100million not ridiculous. I see you didn't actually attempt to defend it

It's not anymore ridiculous than intangible financial assets being traded at millions. It's purchased at that amount simply because that's what the market forces have set it at. Billionaires buy these as investments. You seem to be confusing the price for some measurement of artistic worth.

Im aware of that, it's still ridiculous. I am not one of these 'modern art is shit' people, but the paintings that are literally just rectangles of color, not even blurry Rothko rectangles, but just rectangles, are ridiculous and there is no way to defend them.

"the end"

or

a new renaissance

you're neglecting the art-historical importance of the piece, it being one of (if not the) definitive works of New York School painting.

I'm not 'neglecting' it, I'm saying it's comical and that that period of art history is a joke.

There is nothing going on there. You can write an essay about the implications of the painting and it can be interesting, but the painting will remain several rectangles. It isn't even particularly pleasing to the eye like some of those pieces are.

Why are you here?

>I don't understand art but am going to argue about it anyway
Stop. I bet you even hate on Duchamp.

>There is nothing going on there
it's more or less the tipping point of the Greenbergian project of modernist painting, which was directed towards a progressive 'flatness' of painting, or the stripping away of all 'unessential' elements of painting. with this Newman (and also works from Albers, Kenneth Noland, Morris Louis and later Ellsworth Kelly), the painting assumes a dominating, near-sculptural function anticipating the Minimalist movement in the wake of AbEx

You guys are literally defending a giant red rectangle. Just get over it, this isn't abstract expressionism where there are interesting things happening, this is a red rectangle.

its just rectangles though

you're a brainlet on par with PragurU/Paul Joseph Watson

do you have to spread your buttcheeks to the gay ass overlords of art or be a jew to have a painting like that sell for 100 million?

r e c t a n g l e
e
c
t
a
n
g
l
e

you fell for the meme sweetie. remember that all that gibberish you wrote up could have stood for an actual painting that isn't a worthless

r e c t a n g l e
e
c
t
a
n
g
l
e

>real art
You need to read more and think more, a few years should suffice.

I am not at all. you have been massively memed if you honestly think that painting is good. It is entirely social pressure making you feel this way

You think paintings are beyond criticism or something?

I have some tibetan salt and have been thinking the same thing. Can't deny, it's the best salt to put on french fries, whenever I get around to make them.

I won't search for the answer until it reaches me, I've got too much shit on my mind.

no one has offered legitimate criticism though

This is not art.

>people complaining that oil painting is dead
So humor me assholes. What do you do with oil paints that hasn't already been done and much better? If that's all art still was you'd bitch it was all tedious Greek gods and pictures of Jesus.

memeing won't make you sound smarter. Dismissing stuff like that as simple with the "just a rectangle bro" is a sure sign that you're way dumber than you think.

It must've struck a chord with the person who bought it, so your opinion on its value irrelevant.

Or it was sold to launder money, who cares.

You clearly only think the painting is good because you want to fit in with the high status art people. This is completely transparent, you would never come to that conclusion on your own