Tfw this is absolutely brilliant when you get into it

>tfw this is absolutely brilliant when you get into it
>plebs keep telling you to stop reading Aristotle because we have the correct science now
Why haven't you read the foundational work of natural philosophy, user?

i have. it was useful and brilliant, created by staggering insight. but it nonetheless quickly succumbs to the elaborations, corrections, and clarifications of later philosophies. seeing aristotle or plato as correct in themselves is just foolishness, since aristotle and plato + thousands of years of people trying to bring them into harmony with contemporary human knowledge still yields incorrectness and gaps.

Aristotle is a pleb filter

I have. I loved it, especially his discussion and definition of place and movement.

>people ITT dare call others plebs despite never actually grasping Aristotle

Have you?

Yes, Greek is my first language

Please share what you've learned

>Fetishization of books and reasoning for the sake of reasoning
Philosophy in a nutshell

>not enjoying the fruits of idle intellectualism

Fun police stick a baton up your ass or something?

Ive talked with many people online claiming Aristotle's understanding is le totally based compared to modern understandings. But his works are full of ambiguity. The interesting thing is the reasoning though. Tbqh I've heard similar reasonings from kids, and I don't mean it in an insulting way

>The interesting thing is the reasoning though. Tbqh I've heard similar reasonings from kids
Example?

For example regarding elements
"The stronger an object is, the more earth it has"
In Aristotle's point of view, water can never become ice no matter how cold, if no earth/soil is present

>he is stuck in the political life and hasn't ascended to the contemplative one

Science is never correct. Aristotle is a hack who is the cause of anthropocentrism and the commodification of nature.
Both are entirely false. There is no brilliance, just garbage.
Navel-gazing is a crime against existence.

>Aristotle is a hack who is the cause of anthropocentrism and the commodification of nature.
Arguably he set the path of avoiding this. Considering every area except science still does exactly those things.

Wrong. Science is the exact area which does it and which makes any other do the same.

People may have their own priorities of course, but if anyone wants to carefully explore Aristotle this really shouldn't be skipped. Its real apparent how clearly tied in with his logic and metaphysics it is when you're actually reading it.

i tried reading this but i'm too much of a brainlet, i got through plato pretty easily but aristotle is just too much, are there any foundational works i could start with to help better understand this book?

>guy writes some stuff
>user comes along and says its all false
well i know what i wont be reading!!!

>Science is never correct. Aristotle is a hack who is the cause of anthropocentrism and the commodification of nature.

translation: my profs were into heidegger and derrida and i agree with their facile liberal-pomo generalizations

Actually it was Descartes.

Aristotle himself put political life above contemplative

did you read book 10 of the Nicomachean Ethics?

wrong!