Explain to me the sociology behind populism

explain to me the sociology behind populism.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mRe8J4scGtU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Easy solutions for perceived problems.

the brainless wont see anything wrong with actors or athletes becoming politicians.

mass culture

>Hey! My life is shit and I think it's probably the current political order's fault! We need politicians who will make my life not shit!

and the problem is that it follows this logic.

>see this person you already like and identify with?
>well now hes your ruler! have fun

what went so wrong in anons life that he ended up defending scummy politicians? is this the scotckholm reddit syndrome?

Trump is fucking awesome, cuck. Praise Kek and the white race

Judging by the amount of support populist movements are getting recently, would that mean that people's lives are getting progressively shittier?

Trump's a populist though

The people get fed up with the oligarchs' corruption, greed and empy promises

>would that mean that people's lives are getting progressively shittier?
Yes.

The ignorant, uneducated, unemployable, masses of middle America, suddenly realizing that their previous life of prosperity and privilege has been ripped out from under them, with no consideration for their well being. All those things they have been told that they are entitled to as part of the American Dream have disappeared, and boy, are they pissed about that. The institutions and organizations that had supported and maintained that status quo for their parents and grandparents has cold bloodedly pitched the current generation to the curb, and shat mightily upon them. In retaliation, they desperately seek out someone whom they consider an "outsider". A maverick, a rebel, someone not beholden to anyone or anything, that they can hang their pitiful hopes upon to bring back the privileged prosperity of the past, and give them the lifestyle and success that they feel entitled to. They want a dream that never existed. They want to live in the past. They yearn for "the good old days" that will never return. They want someone to wave a magic wand, and make everything better, just like it used to be. Except it never can.

youtube.com/watch?v=mRe8J4scGtU

Populism can be good intentioned and it can also be used to actually address the issues that the populist pronounces on.
There is populism that isn't just a cheap trick used to fool the smoothbrained masses
Pseud cucks give up while you're behind

This too. Populism as it's used in 2018 should be called demagogy.

>mfw none of these modern "populists" stands for land reforms

They're not actually getting shitter, but people believe that they are.

>sociology

Elite rule ends up becoming corrupt, scoundrels with silver tongues arise among the masses. The people throng together to take their pick of the litter among the demagogues, the elites are overthrown, usually accused of being foreigners (Jews, Hyksos, Germans, Mongols, Aztecs, Han, Persians, Italians, Greeks, Turks, Arabs etc) and also of being evil and totally corrupted. The people initially love their ruler, however the ruler always overextends himself and the people don’t see this because the gibs from the redistribution of wealth mask the real instability of the power structure. Eventually one of three things occurs: the ruler declares a war; the ruler cracksdown hard on dissidents and “”””crime””””; the ruler starts a 5 year plan or another economic restructuring program that enriches his image socially and also pushes resources into the hands of his managers while placating uncertainty about his future among his people. if the demagogue can keep the people entertained and fed, angry and defiant towards foreigners, he can rule for a long time however unless he becomes more open with time, like China or Singapore, he ends up isolated and at risk of being destroyed, Dionysius of Syracuse, the Romanovs, Hitler, USSR, North Korea, Salazar, Assad etc.

Its been seen probably over tent thousand times in Eurasia alone. A vaguely interesting diversion from the from the typical oligarchic or aristocratic rule that dominates history. People think rule by the rich and the well bred is a novelty because americans are ahistorical.

Populism doesnt exist. Its just a term made by ivory tower academics who fear of losing their privileges when the population voices their interests that arent in accordance with academic agenda.

Formerly privileged suffer from entitlement and can't stand the fact they have to face an even playing field now

>even playing field now

Populism isn't just right-wing. Giving everyone free stuff for example (Low-IQ version of social democracy) or lowering car taxes (Basically free votes for liberal parties) should be included.

give me one example of a populist movement that can seriously be described as "the population voicing their interests that aren't in accordance with academic agenda"...

Are you living in a cave? Most "experts" are in panic over being exposed as elite funded charlatans.

uuuuh. we just voted for Trump and he's making America great again? Not to mention Peterson will destroy left-wing academia, and he's showing everyone what a scam it is. Right-wing media is also gaining ground and your fringe cultural marxist beliefs will be dead and buried.

CAMP OF THE SAINTS

That's because populism meant a different thing in the US of A because they're cucks.

As a working class leftist I agree with a LOT of what Trump is doing. The unions have wanted the tariffs for years. The individual mandate was hardest on the working class. His tax cut has given more money to my family. Limiting immigration will make my skill set more valuable. Any actual proletarian is benefiting a lot. Academic marxists are scum as always.

For a lot of people they are getting shittier. Americans traded the dream of owning a home and starting a family for owning a 72 inch TV in the apartment you and your 3 roommates rent from Shlomo.

but leftism is about showing black transsexuals humiliate straight white men on tv. that's what revolution really looks like. don't talk about money or depriving corporations of it. that's un-comradely.

Populism exists only to thrust a leader into power, to destroy the previous status quo in a rebirth of a new society. For all of this to happen, the old status quo would have to have gotten too comfortable and been mucking with people's lives, for their personal profit, neglecting their democratic duties.

No i am being genuine here. What you are referring to is neoliberalism and it is defeating the left more effectively than the SS could ever hope to. I am afraid it might actually be too late