Are there any worthwhile works of philosophy from this region?

Are there any worthwhile works of philosophy from this region?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Iqbal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, nor are there any worthwhile religions from there.

daoism and buddhism and vedanta.

islam can be interesting as well depending on what you're looking for.

I think Dostoevsky wrote some stuff in Siberia but you probably mean the shitty non-white parts

see

wow why the racism?

You're uneducated my frien :-)

why not

Because I find non-whites are both parts inherently grotesque and adhere to a veritable array of spiritually bankrupt systems of belief.

I'm actually well scripted on both Buddhist thought and Vedic literature. Try again my little yellow friend

>SiBeria
>frien
Uneducated bastards

Yeah, read the memoir about Dersu Uzala and his animalist ideology. Very profound.

>>SiBeria

What did he mean by this

why do you think they aren't worthwhile if you're well versed on them?

at least acknowledge a little ikkyu or khayyam or something

What is "philosophy" to you? If you understand it as it should be understood – as a Western tradition – it is hardly surprising that there are few. However, if you mean to ask: "are there any worthwhile traditions of thought from this region?", the answer to even so crude a question is yes.

I Ching?

>why do you think they aren't worthwhile if you're well versed on them?

Because I dug to the bottom and realized there's really not that much going on. Some novelties and peculiarities but ultimately a shade of the Christian tradition

You're so dumb dude.

I Really liked the phrasing of that answer. Like if you were a pretentious magazine writer. Non ironcilly

Isn’t that a divination text?

it is poetically written and quite insightful

ITT: this is Veeky Forums and its only going to get worse

yikes

I'm a total noob in philosophy and yet I'm not dumb enough not to know about Ancient Indian and Ancient Chinese philosophy ffs

I really like Confucianism lately.

When did we begin to reflexively deny the words of anyone without the right skin color. I remember a time when we waited with open ears to hear what they had to say, even if in the end they were to be decimated in the arena of ideas.

>Make Veeky Forums Great Again

Because as you said we did listen and we listened and after all we heard many of us rightfully concluded these swarthey mystic men had no value to their names

>Are there any worthwhile works of philosophy from this region?
Yes. The question is fucking retarded.

Such as?

Laozi
Confucius
Mengzi
Dostoevsky
Tolstoy

No, there no worthwhile philosophy from anywhere, as it is the precise cause of the loss of divine inspiration

western philosophy post-Heidegger is garbage, most of the German philosophers are garbage, all anglo philosophy is garbage, most of the greeks are garbage.

zhuangzi is the only oriental philosopher that comes close to the western tradition

Wasn't a lot of Philosophy divinely inspired, according to the authors? (Religions have their own philosophies).

Sun-Tzu
Lao-Tze
Confucius
The fucking BIBLE
The fucking QURAN
Gandhi's writings

Oh and I didn't even think of the Russians.
Srsly wtf OP the East is the true home to philosophy. Where do you think Plato and Pythagoras went to learn about math and philosophy?

Well they aren't really taught in the West. Western philosophers never discuss them. The popular conception is that they are more spiritual and mystic than philosophical.

this thread is full of edgy faggots who don't understand their own culture, nevermind that of others.
nice bait op.
you really think that clown is well-versed in anything?

>more spiritual and mystic
>"Due to his ever-strengthening belief in the transmigration of souls, Pythagoras was obliged to become a vegetarian, to avoid the chance of accidentally eating a friend or relative. It’s reported that one day Pythagoras encountered a man beating his dog. As the dog whimpered and yelped in fear and in pain, Pythagoras recognized the noises as the voice of a recently departed friend. He physically intervened upon the man to release the dog, thus allowing his reincarnated friend to escape a life of misery."

>implying world of forms isn't some pseudospiritual bullshit philosophers have revised to fit their purposes over the centuries

Consciousness is an evolved trait in direct opposition to the divine, I think therefore am not, as to think is to be outside God.

Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Analects of Confucius, Mengzi, art of war, book of tea, I Ching, Hagakure, and the Pali Canon.

>quite insightful
How? Having grown inside a ''spiritually open'' family I have ''done'' the I Ching plenty of times. I can't deny beauty within its logarythms, but thus far all of my divinations have been so abstruse and befuddling, I could never make any sense out of them.

because it's an intellectual board

Unfortunately, dipshits like him make that not the case

lol no

It's either
>navel gazing incoherent mysticism
or
>what is the best way for the God-King to govern

Born in Europe and now living in 5 of those countries in the past 30 years and my answer is absolutefucking yes, although you probably will have a hard time appreciating it because of different cultures and language barrier.
I'm going as far as saying that some of them are even more influential than what the West got

Much of ancient Greek philosophy is from western Anatolia.

The kyoto school. Read it after Heidegger.

And please for the love of God don't fall into Veeky Forums meme opinions made by monolingual retards whose favourite book is the one they were forced to read at highschool

Where would you recommend starting?

>the fucking BIBLE
>the fucking QURAN

>worthwhile

pick one

You can continue to live in this aspie bubble where the Bible and the Quran have had no effect on society, or you can grow up, make the jump from Reddit to Veeky Forums and realize that there are books other than The God Delusion and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Depends on what you're looking for since you marked countries larger and with more population than the unmarked ones.
Start with literatures from the cradle of civilization in your pic.
My personal advice, don't start with the Chinese, since they read like government officials guidebooks or too rigid in term of philosophy for first time reader from the West.

Not OP. Was just curious. Thanks though :)

This poster is an ugly weirdo who had to move to a low testosterone nation of bugmen because he was too genetically and mentally inadequate to prosper in a white man's country.
His opinions should be scrutinized closely in this light

Bait harder manchild

Abhidharma Buddhists and their followers have legitimate contributions to the same kind of thing modern analytics are interested in.

A lot of it I wouldn't call mystical or spiritual so much as just written by very different standards from the modern or even the ancient west.

>the same kind of thing modern analytics are interested in.
i.e. trash

For what it's worth, these things are usually tied to being helpful or "therapeutic" in a way that analytics aren't. For example, recognizing that there is a lack of fixed identity in phenomena can help you not become attached to things that aren't permanent.

So I think there's something in these writings for everyone.

>For example, recognizing that there is a lack of fixed identity in phenomena can help you not become attached to things that aren't permanent.

Thats not a good thing, thats anti-life and inherently spooked.

Confucius, Mencius, and Han Feizi all wrote good stuff.

t. Nietzsche

Sir Muhammad Iqbal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Iqbal

Read up

>These /polt/tards trying to look smart
I can't...
Even the fucking Ancient Greek philosophers based their ideas on Oriental philosophy
>The works of Zoroaster and Zoroastrianism had a significant influence on Greek philosophy and Roman philosophy. Several ancient Greek writers such as Eudoxus of Cnidus and Latin writers such as Pliny the Elder praised Zoroastrian philosophy as "the most famous and most useful". Plato learnt of Zoroastrian philosophy through Eudoxus and incorporated much of it into his own Platonic realism

>ultimately a shade of the Christian tradition
Your opinion is one thing, but this statement proves that you have little to no knowledge and/or understanding of the eastern tradition of thought / religion and its history.

If I see that tumblr (and then reddit) phrase one more fucking time

>weed lmao

It is true that 'philosophy' is an extremely western term though

Try Mozi or Laozi then.

The city of Athens created more great philosophy than the entire east asia.

Are you a scooby doo character?

traditional metaphysics >>> philosophy

the greeks were mostly brainlets, take the Guenon-pill it's the last step in /lit's intellectual development

Christianity is itself just a further elaboration on the Jewish plagiarisation of (Asiatic) Zoroastrianism which took place after the Persians made the mistake of freeing them from slavery in Babylon, after which the Jews lifted 90% of the major doctrines of Judaism from the Persians.