Fatherhood

What are some book recommendations for being a father to a daughter? I'm not a father now, but I want to prepare myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/v426
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They don't need to be books directly to being a father, some literature that may indirectly help too.

Surprisingly helpful

Here you go.
Don't be narcissistic, teach her how to think, ask instead of telling but then tell.
Be a good example in life, healthy in body, mind, ego, spirit and characteristics. Protect her from devilishly mustached men.

Okay but why hasnt lolita been posted yet?
im honestly disappointed in you Veeky Forums

Thank you for this. This looks cool.

Have you checked into the work of Nabokov?

Being and Time, the Phenomenology of Spirit, and Schopenhauer's The World as Will and Representation. Also Finnegans Wake. These are the books you should read to them before bedtime.

Fuck dammit

Nothing can prepare you for this experience. It can only be understood as pure Dasein. But if you want some books which will hit you in the feels and re-examine your parental duties try Fear and Trembling, The Road, and even To Kill a Mockingmeme.

Why is it significant to fatherhood?

Teen magazines, and MTV.

you shouldn’t read Hegel to anyone especially children, its best treated as a psychically radioactive artifact that must be studied with extreme caution

To Kill a Mockingbird
Little Women
The Left Hand of Darkness (esp. the "Coming of age" chapter)
Usagi Drop (the manga)

Pic related, because there't nothing that comes as close to revealing the absurdity of human effort and human life than rising a daughter in the 21st century.

Two books that I think will help you in some tangental way
>Beloved
>East of Eden

Knausgard - My struggle

Musume Shimai?

vndb.org/v426
>The main character has two daughters, but he lives separately from them for a long time because of his job. One day, he is suddenly fired. He disappointedly comes back to his house, but he is happy to be able to stay with his daughters. He tries to keep self-control, but...

Delores ended up with a good man with a steady job, they had a house and beautiful children together.
If you think humbert didn't do a good job raising her then you're FUCKING deluded.

>tfw feel that fatherhood Will be a nescecary part of my life
>have no idea how i could ever parent a girl

>nescecary
good luck, friend

This thread
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

nothing of relevance here.

Necessary is a very hard word to spell, in my defense