This man! For Christ sake... Im so in love with this man's mind!

This man! For Christ sake... Im so in love with this man's mind!

Who else?

Hate him.

I am as well user.
I haven't seen a writer touch the soul quite like this man has, I wonder why he hasn't been made a saint yet.

Tolstoy and Chekov are better.

The scene in crime and punishment where Raskilnikov dreams about watching the drunks best the horse to death always makes me cry. He writes with stronger emotion than any other writer I've read. I wish I could read in Russian.

When Sonia's sister goes before Rodia.. Damn feels bro

I startead Notes from the underground and FUCK! He was talking to me, for sure! He was talking to a mediocre man.

and when he had that dialog with the prostitute... About family and etc... That fucking breaks my heart

Just for the record... im a braqzilian young adult and ive read some Machado de assis, our best author and even Dickens but... Nothing comes close to him in terms of reality or humanity... some moral thing that i can´t put the finger on it...

Who writes like that? Get the fuck out and don't come back.

Dude, im not even from an english speaking country

Man Sonia in general made me cry, she's so damn perfect, I pray I'll find a woman like her.
Dosto has spoken to everyone at one point, I'm sure of it.

I started C&P the other day. I’m through part 1 and into part 2. I’m absolutely amazed by the book.

>he was talking to me
I know that feel. granted I’ve never murdered anybody or even close, for some reason the whole theme of criminal guilt eating away at a person even after they’ve gotten away with something from Crime and Punishment just really fucks me up

Did anybody find himself relating to his description of Ganya in The Idiot? I always see people saying how Raskolnikov, Ivan and The Underground man are "literally them", but I don't know, I think those characters are too intelligent or determined for me to compare myself to them.

>mfw I am halfway through Infinite Jest but all I want to do is pick up my first Dostoevsky

Yeah I definitely had my "I'm vastly superior and destined for fame whilst everyone else is normal and inferior" phase when I was 15ish.

I've read both. Finish IJ so you can say you accomplished that and then dive into Dost

Infinite Jest would be much more enjoyable if you read The Brothers Karamazov first.

I'm kind of too far into it now and I want to finish it. Not sure I want to jump into another big book too, although TBK is on my list.

No, I connect with Myshkin a lot, actually that book was hard to get through because Myshkin was so tormented.
Have you read all of The Idiot? He insults Ganya, calling him one of those people who are average and plain in every way. I don't think you want to be Ganya desu

>He insults Ganya, calling him one of those people who are average and plain in every way
Exactly, I honestly don't think people that post here (including myself) are that special, they are just a above average yet want to be so much more.