Veeky Forumserary confessions thread

Veeky Forumserary confessions thread.

Confess your sins, you hate yourself anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.library.duke.edu/blog/2008/01/22/plagiarism-prevention-tips/
jakonrath.blogspot.com/2012/05/harlequin-fail.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The title "Paradise Lost" describes my sex life perfectly.

I also go on /r/books
I like Veeky Forums batter though because no one gets but hurt about being called a stupid faggot for having a shit opinion, but reddit has it’s perks with the fact that I can blog post my bullshit

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time describes mine

Havnt read in a few weeks. I’m simply addicted to my phone and video games and would choose those every time when it came to how to spend my free time.

I feel I should migrate to reddit for /r/books and /r/literature just because I get exhausted by all the /pol/posting cynicism. Sometimes I just want to discuss books I've read.

I haven't read a novel in 3 or so years, I exclusively read philosophy, history and skim through a bunch secondary literature without finishing it. It's a shitty habit to develop when you want to focus on a narrative but I can't seem to help it - novels have lost all magic for me. I'm hoping to force myself through some canonical works at least.

I kinda go through phases myself. I've found myself playing hours of video games in my free time last year and all of a sudden I've gotten back into reading again. Next I'll probably binge on film as my film backlog is most of my bedroom and living room.

I did not realize until recently that, "the quick and the dead" was from the creed in The Book of Common Prayer.

A Brief History of Seven Killings is the best book published in 35 years.

I don't read books by women or niggers

I like reading books by women and black people.

nice trips

Why? I do actually like reading books by them.

I want Sucy to give me a blowjob and to use teeth. Would get pregnant.

I thought Book of the New Sun was just a genre fiction meme but then I read it and now I would genuinely say it's better than Philip K Dick and Vladamir Nabokov.

Sometimes I get the motivation too, but most of the times my friends are online and I’ll reason talking to them even if it’s video games is better then reading. I wish I could stop playing.

Ubik = Scanner Darkly > Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep > Penultimate Truth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Man in the High Castle

I act like I'm depressed all the time because books make it look cool but I am actually pretty ok all things considered.

I like reading books that seem to depress people but actually I'm pretty OK too because I don't feel any pressure to find companionship in others which allows me to focus on my own career prospects and when you can focus on your own self-improvement most of the time, you're closer to achieving what you want out of life.

I do need to lose a little weight though. I exercise but not enough like I should.

I think there are some pretty well-written visual novels, not just compared to other weeb trash, but even by Veeky Forums standards.

All I write is a self-insert fan-fiction were all the characters are me and the setting is also me and the setting always gets destroyed and every character is just desperately trying to escape from all the others

Danganronpa is solid despite the typical animeme lel quirks, it's actually a fascinating game which develops characters well.

I am writing several different books on pedophilic topics.

true. wish it was talked about more on Veeky Forums but part of me is glad it isn't so then the bombocloth dialogue doesn't get memed

Danganronpa is a good meme, but a terrible piece of fiction. It succeeds as a 'fun ride' solely based on aesthetics and rule of cool.
In comparison, Phoenix Wright did a far better job of establishing a setting, weaving a narrative and developing its most important characters over the course of just a couple hours, and of course there's also Higurashi, which had surprisingly complex characters hidden behind its silly slice of life anime cliches juxtaposed against horror, mystery and crime, which just worked insanely well.

I like to shitpost about Romance novels because I realized that the ones I didn't like involve women being super awesome Mary Sues in their book setting. So I'm getting into Old School romances that aren't dumb or plagiarized articles about Ferrets.
blogs.library.duke.edu/blog/2008/01/22/plagiarism-prevention-tips/

So I'd like to encourage potential Romance novel writers anons to take it seriously.
jakonrath.blogspot.com/2012/05/harlequin-fail.html

kys heathen

You're the heathen.

When I was little I didn't have good internet so I downloaded novels in .jar format (Nokiafags will know) to fap.
I have read A LOT of smut as a kid. Hell I went through the Fifty Shades series as a teenager just to see what it was.

Whenever I read a complicated book I go to it’s spark notes and read the summary of the chapter I just read to see if I understood everything

not had chance to play either but been meaning too

I only read high fantasy and medieval history books.

i write exclusively with the intention of making money

I like reading light novels

I think Veeky Forums should have a fanfiction general.
It's not like this place can get worse.

Meh
I got banned for talking bad about cormac and how sometimes his proses are shit, or maybe because I said the word faggot

Why is Sucy being used for the OP images of this thread now instead of the fat priest Wojak? Though I'm not complaining, Sucy is cute.

One time I posted a thread asking if lit REALLY thought women couldn't write or if they were just being contrarian. .
It was a really well written, sincere and non abrasive. It was deleted immediately and I got a warning for "posting about fanfiction" or some shit.
I hate this board.

It’s okay user, at least we have Veeky Forums where mods don’t exist

I copypaste retarded takes on philosophy from r/jordanpeterson and my threads always get 100+ replies.

I think Final Fantasy VI is a really well written story not just by videogame standards

I can't articulate or describe anything I read or even my immediate surroundings and state of being
what is happening to me?

lol that's funny. keep it up

I hate books with a fat protagonist. I'm fattist.

Because I'm a Sucyfag, user

I sometimes go read other peoples interpretations of books and use them as my own when talking to this one girl who likes to read but is a slight pleb so she thinks I'm smart

To respond, I think classics written by women are fantastic usually but I haven't read much by contemporary female writers except academic books on the history of film.

You're right though

>academic books on the history of film
Which books are those? I'm doing a paper soon on the subject and would like material

A New History of Japanese Cinema by Isolde Standish was useful and Japanese Cinema: Texts and Contexts has some chapters from female essayists if I remember correctly. These are just off the top of my head, sorry I can't remember much more than that.

TMitHC is one of my least favorite PKD books. Perhaps only Vulcan's Hammer and Dr. Futurity are worse.

It's the best FF, at least.

The only reason I read philosophy is so I can use them as plot concepts in my MLP fanfiction.

I know we said confess, but that shit you can keep to yourself.

I have an iq of 110 and I’m reading philosophy so I can write a book on it

Shakespeare sonnets are unbelievably dull. The only good ones are the ones who immediatly comes to mind.

I big up JBP on every opportunity because people get triggered by him

Recently I read exclusively light novels/webnovels of almost entirely BL

>The only reason I read philosophy is so I can use them as plot concepts in my MLP fanfiction.
Aristotle, not even once. Let us know when you hit Randianism.

I play video games more than i read at this point. Help me

I read more for muh atmosphere than narrative and couldn't tell you the first thing about the plot of many books that I've read more than once. Sometimes I just get the feel of a book and put it down without finishing it, still satisfied with my experience.

You should use Lotte instead; you know, cause she's the one who actually read books? She had a whole episode about it? Whatever; I'm not sure why I even give a shit. Meme spam Sucy confession threads into the next tapir novel idea if you want. Makes about as much sense.

I fucking love video games, and I hate it
Even talking or hearing about them makes my heart feel lighter because I can SEE the potential in it. It’s the most immersive medium and puts you in the whole experience, which no other medium can. However, only indie developers understand that it’s an art and not a product, but companies just ruin it.
It’s also generally a big waste of time in the grand scheme of things as you learn nothing from the experience, but fuck I just love it. It’s like reading sci-fi/fantasy genre feel good garbage but when there comes a good game a fall madly in love with it. I don’t care about a relationship or making 6 figures, I want to make an epic of a game. Something to rival that of the Iliad and odyssey yet also have the beautiful prose of moby dick and Ulysses.
But this dream is of the pipe variant, as I have to become successful for not me but my family. My family is full of headstrong go getters who instead of smelling the roses would pick them and sell them for some sort of money scheme. They are the most successful out of everyone in their family and both of my sisters are doctors. If I don’t end up as an equally profession like investment banking or something I’ll be a shame, a blight, a black sheep. I’ll be the failure, which I already feel the brand hovering over me

You'll only be a failure if you make a shitty game, just like a banker can be a failed banker if they fail to bank. Do you think there is more or less work involved in banking than making a game? Do you think it's easier or harder to fail? Do you think a banker could talk himself out of being a successful banker by focusing on failures he hasn't even accomplished yet?

Find a creative outlet. Art is the most in-depth game with the most perfect learning curve you could ever hope to play. Once you get into music/drawing/writing video games lose their appeal for the most part.

Shut the fuck up pussy. Get the fuck out back to whence you came. We know thats where you came from. You can't take the heat, because you're a little bitch pussy soyboy.

I can't stand Faulkner.

Less a sin than a hot take: Freud's influence on the humanities should be completely eliminated and his theories left to historians of science to be considered a quaint curiosity not unlike astrology.or crystal healing.

Freud has done absolutely nothing positive for philosophy or literary theory and the idea of Freudian "readings" makes about as much sense as trying to guess a character's star sign.

not that user but ive always wanted to have a creative outlet, just seems like im shite at all of it. but i guess thats the learning curve youre talking about

Who cares dude. Uplifting aesthetic experiences can be found in any part of human life and are never a waste to pursue, despite what the cultural old guard would have you believe.

yeah man let's eat tendies and smoke some weed, fuck art and literature, this is why I come to the literature board : weed and tendies. also the virtual reality to jack off 5 times a day to fucking hentai. living the aesthetic life indeed.

i cant stand faulkner or hemingway

Fair enough. His subject matter and style certainly aren’t for everyone. What don’t you like about him?

Yep, totally impossible to have your shit together and like video games. I'm sure you must have met every single person in the world to come to that conclusion.

I don't get along with people I meet from Veeky Forums and I don't know why.

I have no trouble socializing anywhere else, even with stuffy academics, so this is utterly baffling. It makes me sad to know I'll never make any low key book friends.

I want a Veeky Forums boyfriend

My entire passion for literature was manufactured to impress girls. I'm glad because I really do enjoy it and it helped me break out of a neckbeard spiral, but that initial period was all phony and I'm still ashamed.

Be my gf NOW

>trying this hard

hahaha keep it up

You talking about people you actually met? What meet ups have you gone to?

Mostly online in the tinychat and discord. I was invited to a meet last year but I had already accepted my fate. A mutual irl friend I don't get along with also admitted to browsing Veeky Forums once.

I read a lot of smut when I was younger too, more degenerate subjects than what I indulge in now. Lots of gay shit, furry shit, even some sonic stuff that is very weird when I remember any details of it

If you've ever played a game semi-competitively you should understand that getting good at something complicated takes time and a very specific attitude. It's not a matter of 'talent' or finding that one weird trick, though ofc intelligence is important.
You can put in 10000 hours and still not improve if you keep making the same mistakes over and over again like a retard. Continue to analyze your plays, look for alternative strategies, try out different items and game modes. Look at the game from all possible angles and extract a deeper understanding of its underlying principles.

When i don't have anything to present to my writing group I steal stuff from Veeky Forums and share it

Jokes on you, I have an IQ of 136 and I'm already writing a book on it.

I exclusive read gay romance novels. I've read hundreds, I'm not exaggerating, over the last few years. I'm addicted and I don't know how to stop. I don't even want to stop.

what kind of gay romance novels, what is the thing you like most about it? Is fanfiction stuf or is it all original work ?

Original work. Last books I read last week are An Unlocked Mind and Before You Break by KC Wells, those are the first 2 books of their new series. Before that it was the Jonnies series of Amy Lane. Interspersed with some more novels, like Kill Game by Cordelia Kingsbridge. I've been slowing down lately but thinking about I still easily read more than a dozen novels since january. I'm midway half a dozen others too.

I don't know how this started. I just started reading a gay novel one day and I liked it so I read another one and now we're 3 years later and I've read hundreds of them. They're comfy and often very simple but still quite risqué. I'm well aware 99% of them aren't high literature but that doesn't stop me from devouring everything gay novel, genres be damned.

Well as long as you enjoy yourself reading them it isn't any worse than reading candlelight smut.

please, shut up and die. you faggot

I masturbated today and I want to do it again

I've been masturbating three times a day since I was twelve. Step it up.

i rec books i haven't read all the time

Lotte isn't Sucy though. Doubt Lotte has anything to confess. Plus Sucy looks like she knows your dirty literature related sins.

Same. I don't consume any media whatsoever by women or niggers, it has improved my quality of life substantially.

Video games are art and people who say otherwise I assume are just people trying to get a rise out of people.