It's not that bad.

‘s pretty bad.

i mean it turnt a lot of kids on to reading i guess

Definitely not that bad.

>biggest book franchise ever
>read by billions all over the world
>most reliable review...
>"It's not that bad."

Never say this about anything else but the movies where genuinely better. Her writing style is insufferable just like her politics

You're right, it wasn't bad. It was shit.

It's not that bad you say? Wrong, it's one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

No!

yea no shit

ry Pottarry Potrry Porry Porry Poarry P?

The Veeky Forums pseud army attacks it every chance they get.

James is that you? whatcha doin for St Pat's???

but he was right though... 'it's not that bad' is pretty fair

>not even having fahrenheit 451 in your meme list
>atlas shrugged and gatsby as god tier
>having harry potter in the same list as hamlet
>Cliffort for president is not even high tier

Nigga plis

>the meme which truly NEVER stops making people mad, even when they know it's a meme

Got me into reading as a kid so I'll always have a soft spot for them

Doesn't have shit on Percy Jackson, tbqh.

yeah i know it's from /tv/ but i'm certain a Veeky Forumslad made it, it's just too perfectly crafted to infuriate people

I stopped reading after the fifth book b/c I self inserted as Harry and JK had Hermione go with that fucking literal faggot Ron instead of me. She fucking cock blocked me vicariously and I will never forgive her, fucking whore.

finding out jk rowling was a neoliberal zionist from twitter and rethinking about the books and how the whole story is basically a neolib fairy tail about how harry is the neolib prince fighting wizard nazis to restore the wizard neoliberal status quo and has no intention of helping muggles or any of the lesser beings really made me think.

Also the wizard government is basically and apartheid government

As books for kids, they’re pretty good. The first three are really good, almost Hobbit-tier children’s books, 4-7 aren’t nearly as good. Tbh it is higher quality than most of the ya stuff copying it, but that doesn’t stop it from being tremendously overrated
The first two movies are really nice, comfy kids movies, then the third is a major drop off in quality and 4-8 are major garbage

I liek

based No! poster

Serviceable children's lit until she starts to lose interest (3rd book). Towards the end you can tell she really resents her creation and its fans.

>it's from /tv
you have to go back

Why one mage stronger than other mage?