Just picked up all of these for $8 from the local library's book sale and am feeling pretty god damn excited

Just picked up all of these for $8 from the local library's book sale and am feeling pretty god damn excited.

Stack/haul thread.

Oh hey, I just got the same edition of Rise and Fall

It's rare to see this edition, I've always seen the Fifteenth Anniversary one. Nice picks by the way, I just got the Divine Comedy last week.

Finish removing that sticker on Last Days of Socrates or I swear to god...

Wow that looks like a really old Brief History Of Time. I guess it has been out a while... now I feel old...

I don't come to Veeky Forums often, but is this some kind of Meme, whereby you purposefully stack your books differently to make the titles/authors difficult to read?

Also, here's my stack.

Another T.R. book I can recommend to you: Morning's on Horseback by David McCullough. Biography of his formative years, based on extensive research of family correspondence, to try and give a picture of how he became the man that he did.

you’re kind of a pleb huh?

hey man... how's that dante?

I'll definitely check that out. That sounds fantastic.

I honestly just didn't check the formatting so that's my bad. Nonetheless, I like your stack.

If being so cheap to the point where I'll buy books for a dollar a piece no matter what sort of shit shape they're in makes me a pleb then yeah, I'm a pleb.

No big deal, just wondering.

Also, I'm loving the Silmarillion. It's been probably half a lifetime since I last took a stab at it (14 or 15, turning 29 in April.)

danm that's a nice stack OP. was that Charlie's copy of win friends?

Thanks user, and that'd be pretty damn neat.

It's been on my list to read for quite some time. Just haven't yet tackled it.

My wife has that H.G. Wells book — she says it was well written.

That book literally changed my life when I was 15. It got me interested in science, which got me interested in philosophy, which got me interested in literature, which got me interested in religion.

Damn. I bought only that same Moby Dick edition for $8.

I got Rise and Fall a few months ago, pretty good if you like details of the regime. May wanna take the jacket off of it if you read it in public: people will make a stink about just about anything

Mandelbaum is one of the best English translations, he balances accuracy with flowery prose well

past month's haul
mostly from betterworldbooks (they always have 20%-off deals)

You gotta learn to search for deals. At least check thriftbooks or something

Dude, those B&N editions go on sale for $5 brand new all the time.

Federalist Papers, For My Legionaries , and The Stone Roses were bought new, but the rest was about $80 in total.

Ive already read a couple of them, but I either lost my copy or never had my own to begin with.

>>>/reddit/

Do you guys read the books you buy? or are they just for decoration?

Both desu

>reading books
Where do you think you are?

please dont die, not yet

I read or have read all the books that I buy

MORE STACKS BY GOD

$30

I loved Les Miserables, but never read any other Hugo.
What is his other stuff like?

I have no clue. Honestly this was all an impulse buy. I’ve been reading random poetry, Philip K Dick, and McCarthy lately.

Having to turn your monitor at weird angles just adds to the suspense

$8 for a book as good as Moby Dick isn't something to feel too bad about. You'll easily get your moneys worth.

Main thing was these beautiful things cost me less than penguins. I’ll probably resell most but I’m keeping the Emerson and Satyricon

Just a small stack I picked up today.

that black C looks retarded lmao

>Badiou

noice

Is this a Rise and Fall of the Third Reich stack thread?

Aye