Someone at Amazon fucked up and priced this hardcover first volume of Grote’s seminal work at $3...

Someone at Amazon fucked up and priced this hardcover first volume of Grote’s seminal work at $3.90 (including shipping and prime)! There are ten left. Go!

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/1340947544/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_QbGOAb15S30T3
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1340947544/ref=mp_s_a_1_94?ie=UTF8&qid=1520566372&sr=1-94&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=George Grote
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1976829526/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520568153&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=larpin looper&dpPl=1&dpID=517T0B+SSEL&ref=plSrch
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Link?

link dammit

Because OP is lazy:

Plato, and the Other Companions of Sokrates, Volume 1 amazon.com/dp/1340947544/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_QbGOAb15S30T3

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1340947544/ref=mp_s_a_1_94?ie=UTF8&qid=1520566372&sr=1-94&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=George Grote
Haha one person found it. 9 left

Sorry I didn’t think people were too lazy to type in the correct search terms in the Amazon search bar.

Thank you user, just bought it for myself (as a birthday gift).

You rock man, honestly. Long live this board,

>file name

is this viral marketing because i just bought something i had no intention of buying and dont even know what it is

Rad. Thanks man.

>Palala Press
hmm

That's how I buy all my books

I apologize OP. Thanks for the cool tip.

They changed it...

Ya I just saw it changed, but at least 8 people will be getting a wonderfully well-written 450+ page exposition of the finest Greek philosophers in two days for $3.90.

lmfao i bought two copies. one for 3 and another for 30, i canceled the 30.

Indeed - I am glad for that!

Also, this was a strange find that I took a chance with, but it paid off: amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1976829526/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520568153&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=larpin looper&dpPl=1&dpID=517T0B+SSEL&ref=plSrch
I think it was a book put together for a course on all things badass in the ancient world, Platonism, Neoplatonism, theurgy etc. And although it is a bit janky, it is essentially composed of excerpts from all of the best resources on this fabulous subject matter. There are screenshots of Wikipedia pages in the first few pages, which scared me, but I have found it to be extremely valuable as a condensation of resources that would cost me over 1000 dollars to procure in individual volumes, while this book is less than 8 dollars with Amazon prime. I don’t really understand how this passed through copyright laws, but who am I to complain

that looks interesting. kinda regret not instabuying for fun, now it's too late.

>the one time I actually fucking miss something happening on fucking Veeky Forums
Today fucking sucks, Im gonna go to bed and start over tomorrow

No this is a different book, it’s in stock and cheap. Not trying to push people into it, I just wish I knew it was the opposite of a scam before I bought it so I thought I’d mention it

It's thirty nzd

I grote your mum last night OP

Wew is this thread supposed to make me cringe? Do you realise what you just bought?

enlighten us

it's probably some public domain reprinting that you could get free on ibooks or google books

>digital

get out of my sight pleb

have fun trying to move 800 pounds of worthless used books when your parents finally kick you out

>kekistani drops le soy meme

it's amazing how there's all these ultramasculine macho men trapped in their mommy's basement, but i guess they be gettin swole off them tendies

Wow you got way madder than I thought you would, struck a nerve?

Clearly it’s a reprinting. If you don’t mark up texts there is no point in reading them. You read them so you can decide what will be useful to you in the future (for re-reading or for papers) and annotate in such a way that you are actually acquiring value by reading as opposed to shuffling eventual brain-trash. And I am reading it presently. It is a very clear and concise description of a fabulous subject. Fuck you

>swole tendieman thinks he rustled

nah im laffin bro

I bet.

Sokratic dialogues just aren't the same in real life

I honestly don’t understand why people continue to think it is so difficult to move books from place to place. Sure if you have to move over 500 miles it might get tedious to have to take two trips, but, like, books are more important than anything. I really don’t understand why people think they can create an equivalence between the intellectual capital one has earned and preserved through a life spent studying and the value of the little bit of extra time it might take you to move once every five years or so (at worst, if you really can’t find a way to create a sustainably enjoyable living situation). Like, can you fill me in? What am I missing?

it's 4 bucks, dude kek

thank you.

Does this really contain verses on theurgy?

Not as many verses (primary sources) as secondary sources, but ya a significant chunk of the book is related to theurgy

Awesome thank you.
Does it give a direction to explore?

Definitely. By highlighting important passages from different resources and writers it gives you a lot of ideas for where you might want to look in the future. It also carves out a pretty thorough and balanced idea of everything by drawing from such a great range of sources.