Is there a better, more efficient, and reasonable villain in 20th-century literature?

Is there a better, more efficient, and reasonable villain in 20th-century literature?

Attached: ozy.jpg (1920x1200, 266K)

I hear cuck holden is pretty good

Attached: Hitler.jpg (534x401, 39K)

>literature
>>villain
fuck off lib

>>pol
This board isn't your safe space

>villain

He never sleeps, he says. He says he’ll never die. He bows to the fiddlers and sashays backwards and throws back his head and laughs deep in his throat and he is a great favorite, the judge. He wafts his hat and the lunar dome of his skull passes palely under the lamps and he swings about and takes possession of one of the fiddles and he pirouettes and makes a pass, two passes, dancing and fiddling at once. His feet are light and nimble. He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and in shadow and he is a great favorite. He never sleeps, the judge. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die.

Prob the guy who he got the name from

>in 20th-century literature

I don't see him as a villain as much as another pathetic and confused retired hero. He did what he did out of ignorance. From the beggining, he was the only one really taking things seriously and trying to come up with good strategies and so on, he was always extremely naive and concerned about the very fantasy of being a hero, whereas a guy like the Comedian knew all he did was for nothing but himself. All of the other characters have learned something by the time the main story takes place, but Veidt is still as childish as before, trying to cover all holes, find a way to fix the world once and for all. He opposes Manhattan in the sense that Manhattan has all the power like Superman or Mozart, but he's got no reason to move and Veidt is a man who "makes himself" like Batman or Beethoven and think that the power he conquers grants him some moral superiority to act in behalf of the universe.

He gets told real hard right in this fucking panel.

Attached: nothing-ends.jpg (300x484, 83K)

Rorschach was the true villain of the book tbqhwyf

>tbqhwyf
To be completely honest with you famalampai?

Definitely my favorite panel of the comic

>his cock is a keyhole
Moore and Gibbons were working on so many levels beyond us

Should have used his criminal behavior to murder political opponents, and used his vast wealth and corporate influence to buy off the rest.

You know, like modern villains do.

But instead of the end goal of war, do it for peace.

>Jon? WAIT! What did you mean by this?

Was Ozy a lib? I feel he took “end all war bro” hippie shit to a murderous extreme

He killed two lesbos, two nigs, some criminal scum and a couple of boomers.
He was the hero we needed

Reminder that Moore is such a bloody genius 30 years after the book people are still arguing whether he was right.

Let this be a message to anyone who doubts that comics can't be literature

The keyhole is also the sun in the solar system.

Moore wrote physical descriptions of his panels. pic related.

Attached: alan_moore_description.png (1067x577, 238K)

the original "what did he mean by this"

Attached: bugs easy on urself.jpg (586x440, 130K)

but what is the batmans tax policy?

Yes: my dad from my diary desu

He literally brought World Peace.

>comics

Just came here to say that Watchmen is the rarest form of gold and anyone who says comics can't be art is ridiculous

Good post, user

Anyone read From Hell? Is it as good as Watchmen?

It's not yours either shitstabber, also
>Too fucking dumb/ESL to notice that this guy: called Hitler the most reasonable villain in history

Kys

calm down, buttercup

OP didn't post literature either.

Better, even.

>Villain

I don't know if it's better, but I think it is pretty much on the same level. The whole transcendence plot with the Doctor is so amazing to me. Love the metaphysics and the poetic implications of it—truly beautiful.