Mfw I realised that Veeky Forums likes Mishima because he's a nationalist, not for any of his other qualities

>mfw I realised that Veeky Forums likes Mishima because he's a nationalist, not for any of his other qualities

Attached: 1510673759169.jpg (1434x2048, 756K)

you're retarded and this is a shitty thread.

Veeky Forums likes mishima because they are self hating homosexuals with reactionary tendencies

This desu
Confessions touched me in more than a way

Yeah, Veeky Forums just wants their epic right wing heroes regardless of their ability to analyze them. Just go look at any Lovecraft thread (even though HLC is nothing compared to Mishima) and it looks like none of the people in the thread even read him, liking him because video games or The Conservative lmao.

no, he's a good writer

temple of the golden pavilion was great

>get it cos everyone on Veeky Forums is /pol/ xDDDDD
fuck off and die

Huh? We detest nationalism here. Don't mistake the visitors from /pol/ who have overstayed their welcome for Veeky Forums.

Lovecraft is one of the greatest artists of fantasy ever born though. Comparing him with others by the same requisits (style) is cowardice.

lol

Attached: MishimaYukioSamurai.jpg (600x677, 124K)

>mishima sure is intimidating

until you realize he's 2ft

Not really, I'm a leftist (not queer but a lot of friends are) degenerate and love most of his stuff that I've ever read. The only book I really couldn't finish was Confessions of a Mask, but I'm forced to blame it on the translation since it's his only work I've read in english, and his portuguese translator is fucking GOAT.

nationalism =/= cultural and moral relativism

bet he would have fucked you up you hunch-backed pencil neck.

Attached: lanksbtfo.png (864x985, 136K)

Mishima was a nationalist in the same sense that Foucault was.

Foucault was open about being a fag closeted about being a fash, mishima was the opposite.

OH NO NO NO

Attached: mishima.jpg (804x437, 109K)

I think his works provide a great psychological analysis of the postwar world from a nationalist/reactionary perspective. His politics are one of the reasons I like him, but it's not the only one.

I think this hits the nail on the head.
Is there a word like reactionary, but wants to progress instead of return to a previous status quo?

Evola said "conservative revolutionary"

>tfw taller than mishima
life its not so bad

fug. I thought I had it bad but Mishima had it even worse. Poor lad, at least he wasn't a failure in all other controllable aspects of life like me tho.

I love Mishima because his writing is excellent and explores his inner contradictions and conflicts as expressed through the lens of the conflicts and contradictions of Japanese society. He's an endlessly tragic person who had within him an intense self loathing despite being one of the most acclaimed and accomplished writers of his era. He lived a fascinating life culminating in a suicide which was equal parts tragic, pathetic, and artful, expressing all the sides of what he spent his life writing about.

But yeah sure he's a nationalist.

No, I like him because of this

Attached: image.jpg (1202x1600, 840K)

That's not even how those threads go, or the Mishima ones. It's usually typical Veeky Forums posting with a bunch of random spergs jerking off about whatever reactionary shit is their latest fad.

>fiction writers
Absolutely disgusting

> commie thinks he has friends

How exactly was Fuko fascist? He seems like a super tankie to me.

I'm a liberal soyboy and I love mishima, if you can't see his appeal beyond a practically normal level of nationalism you may just have shit taste.

Nationalism is linked to Romanticism, since the beginning of both; Mishima, like Drieu La Rochelle and to some extent Hitler were all arch Romantics. The worst nationalists are dullards like Mussolini and a lot of writers lost to history, and the mechanical ones like Heidegger. Anyone with a passion and love for classical beauty can't be so bad, capitalism kills thousands just for cheaper bananas.