How do I get the most out of this?

How do I get the most out of this?
I don't really find the Yale Old Testament lectures insightful.

Attached: 41C2gOB4JqL._SX359_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (361x499, 29K)

You own pic related? I was thinking of buying that one.

Throw it in the garbage and get yourself a KJV with no notes, no commentary, no red letter.

Yes I do. Halfway through Genesis now.

Can you give me your impressions so far?

Why'd you select it over the other study Bibles out there?

>Can you give me your impressions so far?
The notes are pretty useful, but you may want to (I'm probably going to) pick up some supplementary books for commentary.
>Why'd you select it over the other study Bibles out there?
It seemed well regarded on here. I chose it over the Jewish Study Bible, which is used in the Yale Lectures, just for the New Testament I suppose.

Read the KJV, cucks.

How extensive are the notes? I basically just want something that'll make sure I don't completely misunderstand what I'm reading. I'm not necessarily after really in-depth stuff at this point.

The fifth edition is already out, be sure to get that one instead of the fourth

I think it's fine for that. I could take a picture of a random chapter if you'd like.

That would be nice of you.

>translation
מגעיל

Thanks a lot.

the Yale OT lectures are pretty rubbish DESU. her Torah lectures are so dependant on incredibly outdated conceptions of JEDP documentary hypothesis that they're are not worth listening too.

Kill yourself, Shmuel.

It's a requirement to understand the Documentary Hypothesis since so much Torah scholarship relates to it or counterracts it. The lectures are a great overview of critical scholarship, they're introductory and a few years old so they won't be totally up to date.

Since that guy isn't responding, here's a page from Genesis. The amount of notes totally depends on the passage though. The fourth edition has loads of supplementary material, e.g. maps, a concordance, some very informative essays, parallel passages. I don't know what's new in the fifth edition.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (837x1182, 475K)

He posted two pages quite obligingly, but they've since vanished. Thank you as well, though.

Whoops, I didn't see them

This was the most enjoyable study bible I have personally read.

Obviously doesn't contain the New Testament though.

Attached: 513Y906NHWL._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (337x499, 42K)

Know of any alternatives?

yeah sure i'm with you that it's important to understand the documentary hypothesis, i just thought that she wasn't being fair to her students by leaving our how disputed that way of reading the Torah is now.