When does this book improve?

when does this book improve?

total snoozefest so far

Attached: 5.jpg (260x400, 36K)

Just read the Dead snoozer.

I'm also reading it now. Not a snoozefest. Just some stories are much better than others. I have liked A Little Cloud and A Painful Case most of all.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 3.24.07 PM.png (534x710, 626K)

i did like little cloud and after the race.

very subtle lit imo

just read Ulysses

Just read a portrait of the artist as a young man

Sorry to be the one that tells you, but it's your brain that needs improving

Just read Finnegans Wake

Just read my diary desu.

>tfw u realize finnegans wake is the last entry in jame's diary desu

Attached: omfgg.jpg (337x517, 28K)

Reading Joyce as the mental decline (or ascension depending how you look at it) of a genius through his semi-autobiographical diary entries is my favourite desu

Wow. You absolute piece of garbage. Dubliners is as close to perfect writing as you can get.

imagine how mad he was that people didn't like Wake when he released it
or maybe he was just pretending to be mad and he knew it'd take decades to appreciate it properly, his final troll

This thras is so cringey. Holy shit get your GED first or actually go to college. Fucking weeblet brainlet who goes on Veeky Forums, gets brainwashed by posts, and somehow thinks reading Ulysses is going to make him into something. No.... You are damn useless.

is this a bad intro to joyce? i enjoy the overall tone and atmosphere but its not really gripping

i have a masters in biomed

you seem unhappy

Joyce ain't a genrefic series my dude. if you are looking for 'gripping', Joyce probably isn't the writer for you, unless you mean his characters gripping their dingdongs and pulling themselves off

Attached: joyceyoung.jpg (1280x1024, 232K)

that doesn’t mean you have high enough verbal iq to appreciate lit retard

im just wondering if im Approaching it the wrong way . Like I really can see how he creates and overall picture of Dublin as a place that traps people, just not getting sucked into it

To be fair you have to have a very high verbal IQ to read james joyce

>he fell for the joyce meme

I don't know why it took him so long to basically just say living in Dublin sucks.

>just not getting sucked into it
maybe you should get sucked off to it

My girlfriend is usually in a bad mood when she gets home from work

damn only when you get home? that's a lot less often than mine

>mfw reading the Dead
I was not ready for this

Attached: moss.jpg (640x352, 37K)

Probably thought "fucking finally I can die".
I feel bad for poor Beckett who had to have this shit dictated to him to write down by the end since Joyce was completely blind.