Ever getting married

>ever getting married
>ever trusting a cripple

Attached: IMG_5730.jpg (296x475, 27K)

>Staying home while the real men fight and die in the war.

>being a beady eyed anglo

>Veeky Forums thinks they're stoner but they're really the pseud who ruins his career

>Stoner focuses on medieval lit

no wonder

>dude defeatist cuckoldry lmao

>not raping your wife

That oral exam is such a great scene.

>cheats on wife
>she's cool with it
Coolest wife ever

lit would be the student that bants stoner for the cripple and gets fucking wrecked

>doesn't allow you to spend precious time with your child
>your child grows up to become emotionally stunted like you before your very eyes due to your mistakes regarding your failed marriage
>wife probably sucking cripple dick
>cool with it because you finally find what love is with Veeky Forums's wet dream.

What part of Stoner affected you the most Veeky Forums? Stoner's wife not letting him interact with their daughter made me genuinely mad.

why blue pilled men so dumb that they work for the state claim to be better than other men who do not care about the nations that liberals have created?

Reminder Edith was right to feel the way she did. She was probably abused by her father and feared Stoner would do the same to her child

No one has the ‘right’ to feel anything. She’s well-written, and her feelings come across as understandable, despite how infuriating a character she is.
Is there anyone in Stoner who is truly happy?

The part where he reads the book by the woman he had an affair with, and sees she cryptically dedicated the book to him.

> "muh feelz justify this and that"
America must die in a cleansing fire.

>No one has the ‘right’ to feel anything.

Attached: 1507231579944.png (885x1075, 761K)

It was precisely the opposite. Her father spent lots of time with her, as Grace did with Stoner so Edith thought Grace might end up like her a nervous unhappy wreck. So she separated Grace from Stoner in an attempt to prevent Grace becoming like herself.

She wasn't abused by her father she was coddled.

I think it went beyond coddling judging by her reaction to his death.

But you make a good point about her phobia of father-daughter relations. I think her own coddling and seclusion lead to her trying to make Grave hyper-social. Of course that backfired horrifically.

When Stoner was talking about his daughters alcoholism and said he was happy for her to have something in life, even though it's alcoholism, she had something. Just hit me with how sad it was
Also the last page, made me have a tears in the rain type feeling

Attached: 1507676699152.jpg (600x631, 68K)

If you mean, no one is perfectly happy. The book's very realistic in that way, some people have tragic lives but most have a series of ups and downs.

What really affected me was that the very end wasn't even downbeat. Stoner realises that even his dissatisfaction with his life is petty compared to all of existence. What does feeling sad about past events even matter when you're at the point of death?

The really depressing parts were before, when he's totally out of reality and even Gordon gets depressed talking to him.

>contributing to the violence and hostility of the world
>not warring against war itself

Tell me what makes a real man in your eyes?

Yeah I agree, that's sort of what I meant by tears in the rain. At the end, everything he went through, all the depressing moments, were gone to him at that moment, I don't think he was really happy in that moment, but all the unhappy moments in his life were not present with him at that time

Most overrated trash ever. Why does Veeky Forums jerk off this garbage?

lmao this

Veeky Forums I think sees a lot of themselves as Stoner which is the real tragedy. Imagine if other better books got as much attention as Stoner