Why haven't you embraced Taoism yet, Veeky Forums?

Why haven't you embraced Taoism yet, Veeky Forums?

Attached: upanga.jpg (671x660, 73K)

Because no one knows what it actually is.

Attached: KongFuzi.jpg (570x362, 56K)

Isn't Taoism just, 'live in the moment'?

But I have

i already got rid of the spooky ghosts on my house, no need for ancestral chink magic to do it again

may check it if i'm in need of great fortune at some point

Attached: fortune-spell.jpg (882x517, 250K)

Chairmain Xi told me not to

he seems nice

Attached: e74b977f21489de4674a587fe435e0ad.jpg (665x449, 30K)

Laozi was a (pre-)Christian.

>What another has taught let me repeat:
>"A man of violence will come to a violent end."
>Whoever said this can be my teacher and my father.

>Hence, only he who is willing to give his body for the sake of the world is fit to be entrusted with the world.
>Only he who can do it with love is worthy of being the steward of the world.

>The mighty and great will be laid low;
>The humbie and weak will be exalted.

>TAO gave birth to One,
>One gave birth to Two,
>Two gave birth to Three,
>Three gave birth to all the myriad things.

>>Three gave birth to all the myriad things.
three was a whore...

No, just very fertile.

No, that's Hippie (((culture))). Taoism is a regressive, mystic-poetic version of Hegel. While Hegel sees Spirit as progressively self-transforming, the Taoists describe it as a more conservative, self-perpetuating balance. The basic framework is the same, from unity of opposites, to the world of terminology is just a shadow of the unnameable absolute, to the true way of life being the one in which you are reflecting the absolute/tao back at itself, and into yourself.

because i stopped all intentional action and now im letting it take over. and that excludes all embracing on my part.

>Laozi was Jesus in the flesh
>Laozi was Daode Tianzun in the flesh
>Jesus was Daode Tianzun in the flesh

>both Jesus and Daode Tianzun are members of a divine trinity charged with teaching humans

Because Taoism is a meaningless umbrella term encompassing everything from ancient chinaman shamanistic ancestor worship to syncretic 17th century Buddhist inspired meme mysticism.

I like the part about living simply with a few close people in a village-like setting. And the idea that growing civilization inevitably spells out doom. Seems similar to anrcho-syndicalism.

Attached: chomsky2.jpg (259x194, 3K)

Because Confucianism is better

''A frog in a well cannot discuss the ocean, because he is limited by the size of his well. A summer insect cannot discuss ice, because it knows only its own season. A narrow-minded scholar cannot discuss the Tao, because he is constrained by his teachings. Now you have come out of your banks and seen the Great Ocean. You now know your own inferiority, so it is now possible to discuss great principles with you.''

"It is impossible to associate with birds and beasts, as if they were the same with us. If I associate not with these people,-with mankind,-with whom shall I associate? If right principles prevailed through the empire, there would be no use for me to change its state."

“Right is not right; so is not so. If right were really right, it would differ so clearly from not right that there would be no need for argument. If so were really so, it would differ so clearly from not so that there would be no need for argument. Forget the years; forget distinctions. Leap into the boundless and make it your home!”

i did
im uchika desu

Because he was inferior to Master Kong

Attached: Kung Fuzi.jpg (800x600, 155K)

because I don't know anything about it