/qtddtot/ aka /sqt/

Questions that don't deserve their own thread aka Stupid Questions General

Is there a way to filter libgen by both publisher and filetype?

Attached: 1514518218255.gif (498x374, 683K)

Add either names of extension/publisher to the search text, then click on publisher/extension on the top of the table to order the files according to either.

there are too many results and they only show the first thousand. If I search the publisher and sort it by ascending filetype, I barely get to the epubs by the last page. If I sort it descending then I never get past the pdfs

Is DFW really all that celebrated in the grander scheme, or is his ubiquity unique to Veeky Forums?

Attached: 1481421509086.gif (320x179, 761K)

Are e-reader threads still verboten on Veeky Forums? Slipped and my PRS-T1 broke today and I need input.

Recommend me some books on symbolism. I already know of authors who discuss symbols like Jung, Guenon, Manly Hall, and Evola.

What is "philosophical suicide", in terms of Camus?

He's (in)famous among other communities, but not as much of a meme

He's referenced in the Simpsons so that's something

Kierkegaard's leap of faith, basically. It's taking on a belief you know could very well be false or at least is completely outside the realm of any proof simply because it makes you feel better about the "nature of reality." This usually takes the form of believing in God out of an existential fear of that nature, which he thought was absurd, hence the name of his philosophy.

I really hope I didn't just do your homework for you. But if you want a detailed explanation just read "The Myth of Sisyphus."

Attached: camus.jpg (680x357, 67K)

He's actually pretty popular among college students. I know two others at my University who've read Infinite Jest, which I thought was pretty niche book

Is Sadler's half hour Hegel series as awesome as I think it is or am I brainlet

>once the rockets go up, who cares where they come down? that’s not my department, said wernher von braun

Was he in the right?

Has anyone come across something like this before? This is the first time I've seen a translators note(?) In the middle of the text.

Attached: IMG_20180304_175643.jpg (3993x1052, 763K)

Which translation of
>Iliad/Odyssey
>Plato
>Aristotle
>Goethe's Faust
>War & Peace
Or actually is there a Veeky Forums guide or otherwise good guide for tons of translations? I'm a bit of a newfag

If you're reading philosophy this is standard practice

if you're replying to then i mean the (what am i saying?), not the footnote.

If you mean the 'which is superior-paper or ebook' threads then I say to you check the catalogue

my phil professor and other dumb grad students hav read him

Often when parentheses are in quotes it is to clarify the speaker's words without inserting new words into the quote directly.
It can be used in various ways to condense a quote while still conveying the message, which helps tremendously with long-winded or rambling passages.
Having a note about them seems odd, though

>Iliad/Odyssey
Fitzgerald
>Plato
Pick different authors for different texts, there is no good translation of his complete works.

>Odyssey
Wlson
>Plato
the Hackett editions

Attached: 1499293082547.jpg (324x499, 16K)

I've only read Plato's republic, which ones should I go to next and which translation?