Is manga literature?

Is manga literature?

Attached: natsuki.jpg (256x300, 35K)

It's comics. Comics from Japan. It's another medium. Like films or music. So, no, user, manga is not literature like films aren't sculptures.

>>/a/

You need to go back

Yes, but it's even better. It's literature + art.

Nope, nothing wrong with it though if you're having fun. uwu

Just Monika.

fucking monikammmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm not sure, I just know that terrible gaijin visual novel's aren't.

Is literature manga but without visuals?

Attached: 54e.jpg (391x391, 25K)

some.....................

Attached: DQfK8l.jpg (480x360, 41K)

Doki Doki Literature club is a piece of shit even by VN standards. At least post something decent like Suba Hibi

The art limits the literature. What's the word count on the average manga? And if you want visualization of a story, live action screen arts is a superior medium.

Interactive fiction, like VNs, is interesting as a reader-shaped narrative, but I've yet to see anything interesting done with it.

>>Interactive fiction, like VNs, is interesting as a reader-shaped narrative, but I've yet to see anything interesting done with it.

Check out VA-11 HALL-A, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Going to look into Suba Hibi when I get some money, looks interesting

VA-11 HALL-A is ultimate comfy tier vidya.

No, it has no depth, it is superficial and besides that; it is created for teenage dweebs.

>Going to look into Suba Hibi when I get some money, looks interesting
Yes, definitely do so. It is probably the only VN (at least that's translated into English) that gets close to being literature. If you get it on Steam be aware that the Steam version is only a censored version of the first chapter of the game. To decensor the first chapter and get the rest of the game you have to apply a free patch that's provided by the publisher. Anyway, it's not for the faint of heart, and can be quite difficult to read in certain places. Know what you're getting into I guess.

Berserk has depth man

Idk I jerked it to Shouta Pip from the Great Expectations manga.
If that isn't art I don't know what is.

Typical VN hipster reaction. Your faux-intelectual hentai VNs are not that good. I mean, I agree that Subahibi is decent, but it's not like it's superior to DDLC. Most of the valid criticisms of DDLC would also apply to Subahibi, but at least the former isn't 9000 hours long and doesn't have embarrassingly ridiculous sex scenes.

Where do you draw the line between literature with pictures and comics/manga?

O MY RUBBER NEN

>literature with pictures
you've already crossed the line at this point m8

Are light novels literature?

Attached: Ore_no_imouto_novel_v1_cover.jpg (265x374, 27K)

I searched this up and man, basically all classics have a manga version, never knew that before.

Attached: Screenshot_7.png (1031x361, 286K)

Some have the depth in characters, world, and storytelling to be on par with literature. Good examples would be Monster, Goodnight Punpun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and even Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Berserk is also a pretty good one, but it's probably never going to end so I can't say for certain.

I'm confused as to what separated light novels from regular novels aside from the culture they come from and the anime influences. I would say they are. I'm currently on the seventh book in the Baccano! series and I'd say that at least the first three has some solid level of literary merit. The first one won some awards if I'm not mistaken.

Yes

(why is this so hard for you people?)

Attached: panhandlingintensifies.jpg (1200x800, 333K)