What the FUCK was his problem?

What the FUCK was his problem?
How hard is it to not act completely retarded?

Attached: underground.jpg (325x500, 47K)

user people ask teenagers and young adults these questions every goddamn day. why the fuck do they act so retarded. the fact is they are retarded.

Also, what dosto should I read next?

The Idiot, retard

he clearly says he has a problem with his liver, goofus.

>How hard is it to not act completely retarded?
He was exerting his free will in wanting to act retarded

fpbp

The fact that you are posting here makes you even more retarded, so yeah.

Being very pessimistic and very analytical at the same time, basically crippling - look at R9K.

Not
>The Idiot, idiot
Shameful desu

Not
>shamefurru desu
uuuuuuuuuu! shAMEfurru dishonor desu desu

His complete and utter misery brought on by obtaining everything he ever wanted can only be extinguished by him doing retarded things out of spite because his boredom is driving him mad. Retarded shit is what keeps him sane.

>obtaining everything he ever wanted
he clearly wanted companionship, but he never obtained it.

Maybe he was broken since birth. Maybe it was his troubled upbringing. Difficulties fitting in at a new school, which drove him to escape reality to the realm of literature. This caused a constantly widening rift between him and his contemporaries (Zverkov, Simonov etc.). Romantic books essentially made him an ideological hermit living amongst a society with a completely differing set of values, but as a human his only choice was to partake in it's affairs, despite feeling immensely alienated, which made him universally shunned.

No god, living in a nihilistic society etc...

>he posts on Veeky Forums

Attached: 1513202939475.png (558x565, 7K)

Just finished this book and gotta say 10/10. Underground man suffered from the "intellectual syndrome" where he did too much thinking and not enough action.
For as much as he thinks he is self aware he doesn't see whats going on with himself at all.
>opinions of a pseud

Attached: 1518487995503.jpg (325x326, 10K)

if only he had discovered Veeky Forums

He did obtain it in a very autistic way with Liza, but threw it away out of spite.

I've been in a few NFU threads. This was the first concise post that made me interested in reading it.

I actually mostly agree with your 'pseud' opinion. The underground man as everything in Dostoevsky fits very nicely the early Industrial Russian urban life, and it's actually surprising that we have come full circle to a point where people in the first world actually resonate with such kind of inaction, inertia and self-absorption (self-absorption I say, in contrast to 'self-aware' which you correctly pointed out he is not truly much of it).

You're not from around these parts, are ya?

Attached: IMG_0368.gif (320x180, 740K)

Replace literature with Veeky Forums and this is me

Crime and Punishment, then The Idiot

But when he acts he does so in fits of passion, not thinking about the consequences at all.

>shame on you taking the obvious route and subverting expectations so retards like me can complain about you not take the obvious route.
you are a faggot, idiot

The key to understanding U Man: we are all U Man

Even Sam Harris cant escape being irrational

The “hard determinist, rational, Enlightened atheist” BELIEVES he has discovered “the” objective Truth, without recognizing all the gaps his pea brain neatly ignores for him

The U Man is the emotional irrational intuitive, spiritual even, core of our being; everyone has it and it is inescapable

This isnt to say the U Man is morally evil. He just has tics and emotional triggers like we all do

they probably wrote t b h
its a word filter

Hamlet does the same things. His perception of reality is realer than others, and he can prove it.

He was a victim of his own ideology

There man in Notes would literally post on here
When I was reading through it I could not stop picturing him as pic related and I was dying laughing reading

Attached: download.png (225x225, 11K)

pretty fuckin hard m8

Attached: your life is an error.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

>r9k: the book

i think it's always like that in times of stagnation and decay

book made me think of the average Veeky Forums poster

Read the book.

Please enlight me on Hamlet

Literally George Costanza, the novel

Attached: i-feel-like-my-old-self.jpg (600x429, 29K)

great analysis

Notes from the house of the dead.