Has philsophy made any progress since picrelated?

Has philsophy made any progress since picrelated?

Attached: Arthur-Schopenhauer.jpg (674x506, 78K)

>predated Neech
what are you implying user?

Has philosophy ever made any progress OP? Philosophy is the very thing which we employ when deciding whether or not something is progressive, making it thus very hard to establish it as a tool for measuring philosophy itself. Laruelle (although I hate French posture) goes a long way in ruminating about this.

>be a philosopher after Kant
>forget to read Kant

If anything he was a step back in progress

World as Will and Idea is the most lucid thing I've ever read. In regards to philosophy I think it is unsurpassed in its completeness. As for other writings I think only certain ancient texts, or very concentrated devotional works like that of Kempis are of more worth.

If lucidity equated to insight, then YA authors are sages.

Lots of new ideas, but Schopenhauer was certainly one of the last western philosophers. Most after him just criticize but never develop anything resembling a total system.

I hesitate to call it progress but Heidegger has moments of brilliance.

>rename the "will to live" something positive
>create existentialism and with it, postmodern relativism because you're too butthurt about Daddy's proof of the disutiltiy of life.

yeah, nah.

Attached: 1317916412370.jpg (257x287, 12K)

Yes

Attached: Headshot2_400x400.jpg (400x400, 27K)

begone schopi

Read the Critique. His "completes" kants by pursuing his ideas to their conclusion on Casuality and Sufficient reason/ground.

found the brainlet

>Start fucking around in philosophy
>Wind-up hitting everything Arthur Schopenhauer hit at 19 years old
>Feel proud of myself
>Read some Nietzsche
>Realize I'm ass-backwards, and Schopenhauer was a fool with a lot of free time.
>Realize that hypocrite was probably an average man that got high off jacking his mental weenie, but he got paid for it

He's shit.
Don't read anything he writes.

Attached: orangutan square.jpg (329x329, 51K)

>>Wind-up hitting everything Arthur Schopenhauer hit at 19 years old
>>Read some Nietzsche
>>Realize I'm ass-backwards, and Schopenhauer was a fool with a lot of free time.

You're kidding, right? Nietzsche loved Schopenhauer and arguable based the concept of the first man on him, his idea of "Schopenhauer's Man" in "Schopenhauer as Educator" bears a striking resemblance to it. He thought Schopenhauer was a hero.

Attached: costanza2.jpg (200x200, 6K)

Sean Goonan

Are you retarded? Yeah you're retarded.

Yes

Attached: DSMFZrCVwAAl5IN.jpg (311x480, 34K)

Just because he's right about a lot of things doesn't mean he's right about everything.

Wittgenstein
Coincidentally Wittgenstein adored Schopenhauer

>>create existentialism and with it, postmodern relativism because you're too butthurt about Daddy's proof of the disutiltiy of life.
Sure is getting reddit in here

Bait

Attached: 1520725684208.jpg (500x492, 26K)