More books about obsessing over a girl or woman?

>mother sees me reading lolita
>"what's that book called, user? Oh, that looks like nice book, you should lend it to me sometime!"
>kek

Attached: lolita.jpg (1512x2370, 832K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/user/show/10277615-william
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You still live with your parents? Lmfao how old are you

Volumes 5 and 6 of in search of Lost time.

Young Werther, of course.

Why do anons fixate over the most irrelevant aspect of a thread? I'm 20, had knee surgery, and not living in the US, so Murican views don't really apply to me. I'll be living with them for a few months, though :/

Alain Robbe-Grillet's Jealousy

Ernesto Sabato's The Tunnel. Short-lived relation, though.

Objectively speaking it’s okay to rely on your parents until early 20’s, 24 at the latest. You’re fine user
t. 19 yr old

Dear God no wonder this board is shit it's filled with cradle kids

Living the current conditions of my country, I can tell you it's not an easy task to become financially independent.

How are you going to support your parents when they get older?

They don't need it, they have retirement saved. And one of the benefits of staying at home later is it being easier to pursue higher education, making it easier for you to make enough money later in life to be able to take care of them.

They have their pention. Plus, it's not like I'll be like this forever, I'm still going through school, I'll get a job after I'm finished. Gee, man.

*pension.

Not my problem

Attached: nm.png (644x800, 13K)

the absolute madman!

where do you live?

The American hatred of family and obsession with "independence" is why you have such an awful culture.

fuck off commie

literally unrelated to communism

in the third-world.

It's the exact opposite of communism. Commies, like capitalists, want to destroy the family, only for different reasons.

Attached: dantesque.jpg (10000x3131, 3.44M)

Greece. Even working as a dentist I can't make enough

mexico, even if you get to be rich here, crooks will threaten you and your family.

Love in the Time of Cholera.

Attached: Other_Mens_Daughters_2048x2048.jpg (1280x2048, 371K)

>Why do anons fixate over the most irrelevant aspect of a thread?

autism

It's about forming your own family, not abandoning them.

Exactly. In some cultures we dont leave our family till we have found someone we want to try a serioud relationship with.

lol i need the book that helps me stop obsessing XD like damn

Boredom by Alberto Moravia
It's actually relevant to the op''s request and the discussion of living at home

This.

Finally a reasonable post in this sea of stupidity

Attached: 1520454731769.jpg (1024x828, 217K)

Have you ever been to America, or do you get all your views second hand?

Yeah, but socially it’s looked down on, particularly for men, to not be independent by like 20-22. Even if they’re not starting up a family. In reality, living expenses for the sake of independence are a huge waste of money when you’re young. All it does is make it more difficult for wealth to accumulate within the family.

Boredom by Alberto Moravia

Honestly, if I were a property developer I'd be laughing my ass all the way to the bank. All these people overpaying like mad for awful living conditions, merely to fulfil some social idea of independence. It's like being a chocolate salesman on Valentine's day.

Yearning after an unattainable woman is kinda Number One Dramatic Situation, so examples are pretty thick on the ground.

Some of the most obvious:

>The Great Gatsby
Daisy is actually rubbish but no-one seems to have the heart to tell poor Mr Gatsby

>The Sun Also Rises
As above, the woman really isn't worth it. This time, one's (by one's I mean my) patience wears thin.

>The Sound and The Fury
Boy has sister; boy obsesses over sister; boy goes to Harvard; boy puts heavy weights in his pockets; boy doesn't finish his degree.

>Wuthering Heights
Heathcliff wants Cathy. Cathy wants Heathcliff. No-one else in his right mind would want either of them. You'd think things would work out OK, no?

>The Brothers Karamazov
Dimitri definitely wants Gruschenka (but he's too stupid to realize it).
Ivan definitely wants Katerina.
Yearning ensues.

>The Idiot
Myshkin yearns after Nastassya Filippovna. But she doesn't want him, coz let's face it, he's an idiot.

>Far From The Madding Crowd
Honest farmer Gabriel Oak wants to marry flighty little minx called Bathsheba. She eventually does the right thing, but only after trying ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE first.

>Something Happened
The protagonist is 40-something and married with three children. And pretty much all he ever thinks about is a girl he knew briefly in his first job when he was 17.

>Great Expectations
Humble country boy meets pretty girl who negs him like a bitch. He spends the next 400 pages obsessing over her and trying to become a gentleman to be worthy of her.
How do you spell "l-o-s-e-r"?

>The Divine Comedy
Boy (aged nine) meets girl (aged nine). Boy invents Italian literature in order to get across just how great he thinks she is.
They both marry other people.
She dies.
HAPPY ENDINGS - WHO NEEDS THEM?

I don't know but it's actually true isn't it? I would be totally fine without them having shat me into this world, my dad left when I was 8 anyway, my stepdad is the only one who technically could claim that I owe him, everything else is just human life and it has no inherent qualities or morals to it
I know this is edgy but it's true, obviously I would support them if I had the means for it and they needed it

Attached: 1984.jpg (1748x2480, 1.43M)

I need your goodreads profile.

goodreads.com/user/show/10277615-william
(But I've only been there about three times in five years.)

>I would be totally fine without them having shat me into this world
user, you can still fix this cosmic error! Run, don't walk, to a suicide manual!

In many countries outside the US kids are expected and welcome to stay with their parents well into adulthood.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-16-14-09-54-1.png (464x1280, 220K)

Ladies and gentlemen, The Ubermensch.

Diary of a Mad Old Man by Jun'ichirō Tanizaki but it is nothing like lolita. only good if you like japanese culture

Also Swann in Love from Swann's Way.

Lots of Proust, really.

I lived with parents until 26, am 31 now.
Wish I had moved out earlier, just think of all the empty sex I could have had. Apart from that it's GOAT to live at home as long as possible