Veeky Forums habits

What are the habits that had shaped your way of reading?

Attached: reading.jpg (480x360, 25K)

sucking dick

Promise myself I can change to another book if I finish the first 60 pages.

Read this 2-3 times a year.

Attached: 49AC50A5-B0E5-49FC-B6CE-C9D32CBB128F.jpg (1024x768, 159K)

Dick sucking

>all meme answers
I thought you guys weren't plebs

I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on Veeky Forums anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.

Attached: 1447284422719[1].jpg (463x325, 25K)

>Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.
Agree with this. I usually have at least one fiction and one non-fiction book going and keep a few shorter works (like plays or collections of short stories) to break up larger ones in between and not be overwhelmed.

I memorise pages and read books

>books a
i read 20 minutes then 10 minute breaks, drink beer and shitpost about passages i find interesting, switch between multiple books

Before I worked full time, I was reading like 3-4 books at a time, now I can barely work on two.

I always read one history and one fiction and sometimes will mix in theology, but almost never at the same time, unless one of the history or fiction is close to being done that I can finish in a day.

Sometimes to help with relaxing further, I put on one of my radio apps and listen to chants or soft music as it helps alot.
I also drink lots of tea and coffee as I read

I currently share a room with my brother and it's becoming unbearable. My computer is in the living room as well. I don't really have any reading habits right now because there's literally no space I have to myself and my will to read disappears because of that. Sorry I know this isn't very helpful.

why 60? I want to do something like this but don't want to enable my add.

I just read a single book for like 5 hours.
I'm a slow reader so I don't make much progress otherwise.

I usually pause reading at page that presents a double, triple number and so on, all of superstitious reasons. I also conceived a gradient of lucky and unlucky numbers. This is probably a mental illness, I know

Began by staring at the walls and ceiling. Putting a book between them (and me) has helped somewhat. Plus direct light gives me a headache after about 10 minutes or so.

Thank you so much.

>-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

I didn't think people like you existed

Attached: 1476606955562.png (600x600, 478K)

this is bait, its a copypasta

>I became an avid reader like three months ago
Okay.

Attached: 1307760739026.jpg (640x478, 48K)

ALL THESE NEWFAGS BEING UNAWARE THAT THIS IS THE OLDEST PASTA OUT THERE