A book that contains more than 200 pages is a book full of fillers and pleonasms and thus is automatically shit...

A book that contains more than 200 pages is a book full of fillers and pleonasms and thus is automatically shit. If you have to write more than 200 pages to convey your message you are a troubled idiot.

I make it my work to always go on goodreads and check out how many pages a book has before reading it. Time is valuable, bookworms BTFO.

Attached: MAC05_BOOK_INFLATION_POST01[1].jpg (1713x963, 149K)

>pleonasms
Your post is full of filler.

>people will reply to this bait

Attached: 4B23EEBA-2FD8-4600-B40C-D2AC87FD28AF.png (226x223, 6K)

I did that ironically, THICK BOOK READER detected, just go outside and exercise man you're not bright by reading too much fillers

>I did that ironically
Irony is filler.

Get to the point and stop injecting unnecessary levity into your work. Jokes are inefficient. My time is valuable.

So you agree with my opening post then, well that's good, excuse me while I read short stories by Borges. The enlightened writer.

>excuse me while I read short stories by Borges. The enlightened writer
This is filler.

What books do you recommend? I'll read one in your honor. Not kidding. I bet you only read non-fiction, huh?

convey your message

Agree in principle, but you're far too lenient and still a turbopleb. At most you should need two sentences. I've rewritten all the books I've read in a manner that more efficiently conveys the message, and have thus improved dramatically on them:

>Anna Karenina: Cheating is bad
>War and Peace: War is bad. So is Napoleon, what a dick.
>Crime and Punishment: Napoleon is still a dick. Also, don't do crime, find Christ and a hooker with a heart of gold instead.
>The Brothers Karamazov: Don't do crime - find christ instead.
>Notes from Underground: I told you to find christ. This is what happens when you don't find Christ.
>Either/Or: Find Christ or live unfulfilled
>Odyssey: Be smart and devoted. Things will work out.
>Hamlet: Don't diddle-daddle.
>Othello: Don't listen to snake people
>Moby Dick: Don't be monomaniacal
>Oblomov: Go outside
>Hunger: Remember to eat, otherwise you'll go cray-cray
>Don Quijote: Never stop believing

I intend to publish this distillate of human knowledge as list of life rules, a sort of Marcus Aurelius for modernity.

So can I claim i've read all those books, since I got the message? man books are such a waste of time. You should make a website where you summarize all books into two sentences at most, lets make the people of earth SMART

Jordan Peterson already did that with 12 rules to life, he was one step ahead of you user.

You sure can.

12 Rules for life is 409 pages long. Peterson clearly didn't understand the method I am advocating. Tai Lopez is closer - his ingenious "gulping" method of reading is one of my main inspirations. However, the book I intend to release will cover 500 works of the western canon, making it a maximum of 1000 sentences, each consisting of a maximum of 10 words. That makes the book a maximum of 10000 words, far less than Peterson's bloated piece of shit. 409 pages for 12 rules? Give me a fucking break man. I'll do 1200 rules in 409 pages, fuck, I'll do 12000 rules in 409 pages.

what

what about Ulysses and Finnegans Wake?

>Ulysses: You need a father figure, and you need to be stoic when getting cucked
>Finnegans Wake: Dreams are discontinuous. So is this book

Finnegans wake in particular is very meta, as you can see from the summary. It's self-referential. This is what modernity is about.

We need to #verify this guy! @twittersupport where you at?

I can read a 200 page book in a day though

I can't find the time to read 200 pages after sexual intercourse with females, exercising and being a badass

If 200 pages is acceptable to get a message across, is 400 pages acceptable if you have two messages to get across?

no, there can only be one message per book, thats why it has a title and not 2

Even that has too much filler for him I guess. Maybe he reads only research papers or something? Or is OP just trying to justify reading abridged novels?

Pleb. I read 200 pages while taking a break between my navy seal black ops

Exactly. I can hardly understand one message let alone two ffs.

I know this is bait, but some messages require depth and context to be conveyed properly.

Can you imagine the following books being only 199 pages?
>The Crusades
>The Complete History of WWII
>The Bible
>The 20th Century - A History

Haha can not conceive of reading 200 pages in a day?

I know OP is baiting hard but I agree with the fact that quite a few books overstay their welcome.
Mainly story books though. Genre fiction is especially pleagued by this when the authors try to establish character after character in a endless flow of scenes.
What would have worked as a short-story mutates into a 500 page brick.

>measuring books by pages

What else would you measure a book's size with, snail farmer

Love

Word count, or character count. Counting by pages is retarded, because pages don't have any standard size, and font sizes/margins aren't standard either. Saying you read a "200 page book" is like saying you lifted 200 pieces of rock.

>overcomplicating things in life

everything above 200 pages is stupid to read

>everything above 200 pages is stupid to read
Just use a bigger screen or turn the font size down. Problem solved.

Look smartass, nobody reads a book that has 3 words per page, or 100000 words per page, so it's not weird to judge a books size by its page count, cmon man, CMON, stop arguing with me on the internet it shingles my tingles

How many words should a book have?
How many letters?
I mean, what is your instinct telling you?

Approximately 100000 words, 500000 letters, 600000 characters (including spaces).

I would like to contribute to this enterprise; if too verbose, edit--
>The Red and the Black- (Sure) >Napoleon's great (and all) but don't lose your head (kek).
>ISOLT- (omg!) Everyone's a pervert!
>Tale of the Genji- aristocratic gad-about rides around (from mysterious mistress to mysterious mistress) and writes myriad little poems that (probably) translate poorly.
This isn't easy, user. I should probably practice before attempting any more-

>A book that contains more than 200 pages is a book full of fillers and pleonasms

That sentence was one huge turd.

>Reading in someone else's honor

This is filler.

Depends on the goal of the book. For example, the Stormlight Archibes by Brandon Sanderson are 1k pages each, and they are absolutely phenomenal.

Attached: 1519241417157.jpg (1631x1872, 116K)

I don't understand what this image portrays in reply to that other guy