Stacks Thread

Didn’t see one in the catalogue.
What other Hannah Arendt should I get? I’ve read Totalitarianism and Human Condition already.

Attached: B47D1CFD-EAB0-450B-8C89-DD61EBF3D972.jpg (2448x1830, 1016K)

Other urls found in this thread:

erenow.com/common/gunsgermssteel/11.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Belyayev_(zoologist)
youtube.com/watch?v=Sp0BjFl-a1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6kUOfSNTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Didn’t see one in the catalogue.

For good reason, brainlet.

Attached: 00dayton-02-superJumbo.jpg (2048x1366, 440K)

>david irving

Attached: 1506305331806.png (634x697, 115K)

David Irving was only silenced because the truth hurts (((them))). History will vindicate him.

neuromancer any good?

lots of history, i like that.

Attached: 20180316_142122.jpg (2880x2160, 2.02M)

(((them))) being a court of law?

should get me through the year

Attached: photo73.jpg (2448x3264, 3.07M)

>didn't see a stack thread
>better make one

kys

post cat

Here's your fucking stack: *grabs crotch*

I've yet to read it, but I can say both Ulysses and The Odyssey are pretty great.

Read Ulysses second

that's depressing. you won't read a good book all year

I've read The Recognitions a couple months ago.
10/10 would recommend you start with that.

have you read the iliad

I hope you get the 2nd volume of that Stalin biography as well my dude. The first one heavily focuses on the fall of the Romanovs and rise of Lenin, as any early-20th century chronological analysis of Russia naturally would, only seguing to Stalin in the last few hundred pages as he takes over the rule of "Communist" Russia. The second volume is so far (~400 pages in only) a far more cohesive study of Stalinist policy. Besides that I'd still say it's an alright read.

The Holocaust is the only event in human history that it's a crime to deny happened.
If that doesn't seem suspicious to you, then you are a brainlet.

incredibly aesthetic photo until you see the xbox

i have not user, should I read it before or after the odyssey?

wwii changed europe forever. it may sound pedestrian to me and you but anti-semitism and fascism used to be very very serious topics. think about it. that's why those laws only exist in european countries

it doesn't really matter but the odyssey happens afterwards. and remember they're both basically tragicomedies written as entertainment, in the line of shakespeare and cervantes (and not virgil, dante, or milton)

Dante is not comedic?

>>guns germs steel

Attached: image.jpg (580x433, 359K)

he didn't have an entertainment motive

what is wrong with ggs? i'd love to hear your input.

Lit hates stacks now. White people used to be fine with black people, but then they saw black dick. Now they hate black men.

Attached: 94D5E9BE-066E-4F5B-AF02-FF5B6DFB20E3.jpg (3264x2448, 1.76M)

It's evolutionary. Most evolutionary material is (rightly) deprecated on here.

It's kind of a movement against academia in that direction. Economics is fine, especially scientific. And history as well, but there's a reason why it is said we were created. Inside us is a blueprint for something much greater, not a result of competitive forces throughout time.

SUPER DRY

Attached: WIN_20180316_20_43_30_Pro.jpg (1280x720, 433K)

nice

Attached: stack.jpg (960x1280, 211K)

Why are the big books at the top and the small ones at the bottom

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.26M)

Ah fuck, why's it done that

Attached: 1521249743550.jpg (3264x2448, 1.46M)

Are there history books about anything other than Nazis, the Soviet Union, Ancient Greece, Rome, or the US politics? Serious question.

Don't forget Napoleon, Mongols, and the English navy

Nope

yep

it was a good day

Attached: IMG_20180316_213158.jpg (1796x1347, 354K)

>all those $1.50 each tags
What store is that?

Nice haul, looks like a better selection than my local shops. Mostly just stacks and stacks of Picoult and Cussler here

oh of course, how could I forget
right on time

Rate me boyos

Attached: stack4.jpg (480x640, 131K)

Attached: 1510207533354.jpg (4160x3120, 1.67M)

Not the OP, but I have the same paperback edition of Neuromancer that he does, and I can say it's one of my favorite books.

Forewarning that it's a little ... odd. Gibson has a strange way of writing about concepts that don't occur until a couple pages after their mentioned. Granted, if you can get through something like Ulysses you won't have any trouble with Gibson.

It's definitely considered the de facto standard for cyberpunk reading though, so if you're into the Matrix and shit, give it a shot and see if you like it. After that, read the rest of his Sprawl Trilogy (Neuromancer is technically the first book) and then read Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash and the Altered Carbon series by Richard K. Morgan. Phillip K. Dick as well, has some great cyberpunk-y books.

>Analysis of jewish

hmm

>vocabulary expander

How's the Lost World?

you can domesticate zebras

til Catholic priests are opposed by pseuds

Attached: skepticstack.jpg (2560x1080, 160K)

>Are Numbers Real

>all this plato in the thread

bueno

nice dude. i've already read neuromancer but i never read count zero or mona lisa overdrive, so i am re-reading before tackling those.

Between Past & Future is good

Attached: oOP5M39.jpg (3264x1836, 459K)

That's a nice book

The Age of Reason has one of my all time favorite lines "I never knew I was young." Have no idea who said it or why, because the book is trash, but goddamn that phrase makes me smile

>Le holocaust denial man book.

Literally why? He got BTFO.

>there is an argument against something, therefore i have absolutely no reason to familiarize myself with it
wow, galaxybrain.png

GGS is a bugbear of the alt-right because it does an excellent job of demolishing the notion that white people are genetically superior to non-whites.
Much gnashing of teeth and many memes and infographics have been devoted to debunking it chez les alt-right.

thanks user

got it practically unused at my library for $1

has some full-page illustrations. it has double-column type but everything's super clean and legible/readable otherwise

care to provide any evidence for that claim?

Book of Symbols is breddy good so far. You would expect it to be brainlet tier, but the essays on each symbol actually inspire a bit of meditation as you read them.

Attached: newbookhooray.jpg (1500x844, 193K)

Attached: so easy a woman could do it.jpg (600x491, 104K)

>172 pages of HC judgement text from Irving v Penguin is not enough.

Attached: 1508581824623.png (211x239, 5K)

Upper shelf loeb-ful, lower Uzdavinys and Proclus’ on Timaeus, I remember you and will take your recommendation to the bank as gold. I hope you’ve been enjoying yourself.

Thank you so much for the input. I normally like medieval fantasy but cyberpunk sounds super refreshing. Closest thing i've read would be Seveneves written by Neal Stephenson. I really liked the first two parts surviving the moon debris and the challenges of living in space.

Domestication of an animal involves breeding the animals with human friendly traits. Basically to be reliable able to domesticate any species you have to first breed them, some speices more generations than other. The problem with zebras (and horses) is that they have a long lifespan. So breeding them on that scale that is required would not be economaly viable whenin context of research.

Basically what I'm saying is that the whole hard to domesticate zebras meme stems from from people trying domesticare random samples of an unbread zebra population. (with some level of success [1])

The best research we have in the field of domestication when it comes to larger/more inteligent mamals is the Belyayev experiment where they bread foxes to dog in a span of a couble of generations. [2]

[1] erenow.com/common/gunsgermssteel/11.html
[2] en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Belyayev_(zoologist)

Thanks for the well wishes, kind user. Have some pics. Do those stars look familiar?

( hint: youtube.com/watch?v=Sp0BjFl-a1Y )

Attached: b1_star.jpg (1125x2000, 325K)

Attached: b2_muatra.jpg (2000x1125, 285K)

Attached: b3.jpg (2000x1125, 304K)

Got these in a library book sale for $5 last week

Attached: IMG_1424.jpg (1000x750, 119K)

>Imagine unironically believing you can't domesticated zebras

>europeans domesticated Aurochs

>he fell for the Pynchon meme

Historians absolutely hate the book because it is a simplistic argument made with sweeping generalizations that ultimately is a Euro-centric jerkoff.

Books that are actually good that do Diamond's job for him are
>Before European Hegemony: The World System A.D. 1250-1350 by Janet Abu-Lughod
>Why Europe Grew Rich and Asia Did Not: Global Economic Divergence, 1600-1850 by Prasannan Parthasarathi
>The Great Divergence: China, Europe, and the Making of the Modern World Economy by Kenneth Pomeranz

Derp, see

>neuromancer any good?
youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6kUOfSNTc

what are booktubers so fucking retarded. sound warning, anons.

I also want to know. Answer us!

Are you me I have the same stack

Attached: 435DE4B3-7678-4095-B765-06980DF21BA8.jpg (748x739, 147K)

Attached: muh.png (772x934, 1.28M)

uh bro this is a mess

They aren't going into a blender. They're strong books, I just have a broader ground than you.

I only made it 6 or 7 seconds in
I always thought the jokes about youtube personalities were overblown.

I didn't think they were actually like this

Really (does) make you think. When my ancestors were wasting time lynching the coons, Euros were dying in passionate street fights and struggling for a mighty purposelessness that was later mindlessly destroyed by those unthinking cooncrushing kin in the later wars. Your post is edifying and benefitting us to remember the fact inside of it.

What a strange remark. to put it in so many words- you are misinformed

Might makes right.

French Revolution, but the whole purpose of every one of those books is to prelude Napoleon.

Am I boring you?

Attached: 3642DF4C-CE75-414C-8F39-7B3D2C80725A.jpg (3264x2448, 1.28M)

uh bro no way jose that looks interesting

This is my super stack

Attached: 1079D4DA-AA33-4BDA-ADF0-52804E3D558F.jpg (1242x1348, 245K)

I started with the Illiad and from my own experiences, its less entertaining than the Odyssey.

too much in such a short time. you're just completing a checklist to achieve pseud status. Unless you're over 25 and already read hundreds of works of literature.

>The Secret Garden

Attached: 1520732431107.jpg (1000x1000, 59K)

run of the mill american thrift store lads

got these from the 'deluxe' $2 section...

Attached: IMG_20180307_170636.jpg (1796x1347, 322K)

the Indigo books near me was selling the KJV Bible for $16, went down to the nearby used book store and they wanted $20 for their copy, and it wasn't even hardcover. It was that sorta-flimsy hardcover, not sure what its called.

Went to another used book store today and got a hardcover KJV Bible, a hardcover Sense & Sensibility, pkb Mansfield, and a coffee table book of 100 Saints all for $8.

used prices are weird.

i found a first edition for $8 today, feels good man

Attached: GR.jpg (4032x3024, 2.88M)

my picture wasn't rotated like that, i don't know why it posted sideways

Attached: 1518642979591.gif (300x300, 892K)

Hard cover for 8? Nice.

What I’ve read this year so far
Go on, try and make me feel bad about it

Attached: E743E3D8-66FE-45ED-ABED-9FB2025A3A8F.jpg (640x537, 360K)

>phone poster newfriend doesn’t understand

>coelho
why dude why

A friend recommended it. It was a cute story but I’m glad it was short

The books beside my bed.

Attached: schtacc.jpg (1174x2491, 1.68M)

Are you 22-23? Not trying to be mean or anything, it's just I had a very similar stack at that age