Best Translation of Crime and Punishment

Whats the best translation? I read some scathing articles about P&V

Which one does Veeky Forums recommend

Attached: just for lit.jpg (564x569, 45K)

Read excerpts from a variety of them and choose the one you like the best

oh, just fuck off asshole

newfag

OP here

I heard oliver ready is phenomenal

Welp, I guess I am never going to read Dostoevsky.

Attached: five+jew+bankers+_a733a908d2ae6093ffe72f890abb291e.jpg (400x300, 106K)

I'm wondering as well. But I already got one with constance garnett

Attached: 1484388656480.jpg (3128x2180, 2.61M)

As this image makes clear, P&V are "faithful" to a fault, but many people seem to like it so just read what you think is best

as someone who has read the Garnett, P&V, and McDuff translations of C&P, homestly there is not that much of a noticeable differemce. if you are really interested in engaging with the text, obviously you will read several, but any of the three mentiomed are fine and you will not be "missing out" on anything no matter who you choose

Oh. Thanks

Michael R. Katz just did a translation of Crime and Punishment - haven't read it, I read revised Garnett - but Katz's Notes From Underground and Devils are my choices for those books.

Oliver Ready, too, is a good new translation out of Britain.

the one on the far right is the most similar to the original Russian imo

I notice they all omit the word street except the McDuff who moves it because it is placed so awkwardly in the original sentence. Dostoevsky puts 'into the street' in the clause after 'SM Place'

actually nevermind the PV one is even closer

I have a 1982 Jessie Coulson that I like. Easton Press.

Attached: 20180316_225311.jpg (5312x2988, 3.57M)

Go with Garnett.

Your own

/translations general/
Plato's symposium please
Also wanting Faust too

>not reading it in russian
хaхa cocи тyпoй биндoc)))))

you know that posting pictures of actual women constantly instead of looking at artwork of beautiful women has a severe cog diss effect on your mind yeah? you won't fuck a girl like that and they aren't interested in you, fixating on model tier women if you aren't wealthy, well connected or handsome (which is by definition most males, and definitely most of the one's on here) is unbelievably bad for your soul anons. Stop doing this stupid shit, when you're 18 you think its a good idea, when you're 25 and you've had sex 5 times since you were of college this stuff will make you want to kill yourself

P&V

Joke’s on you, I’m rich, handsome, date girls who look that good and am on this board daily.

Huh?

Look at image title.

I downloaded it just to upload here, get anons' attentions and make them reply. And it worked well

Dostoëvsky pleb