Name a more successful author

Name a more successful author.
>died at 82, 40 years more than the global average
>pioneer of 2 different literary movements
>lived through Romanticism's entire lifespan and made it his mission to shit on it all the time
>inspired Beethoven and Schubert
>wrote Faust fanfiction and got famous for it
>fucked sweet prime teen puss

Attached: Goethe_(Stieler_1828).jpg (1972x2432, 2.45M)

Victor Hugo fucked way more women than Goethe talked to

>wrote poetry and prose and drama,directed plays
>helped run a small princedom
>born a commoner, died a noble
>MADE the modern german language

~~

Based Victor Hugo poster.

"Pederasty is as old as humanity itself, and one can therefore say that it is natural, that it resides in nature, even if it proceeds against nature. What culture has won from nature will not be surrendered or given up at any price"

/ourguy/

>that it resides in nature, even if it proceeds against nature.

Attached: 1-20-17-jones-stone.jpg (420x420, 45K)

He was a virgin and his prose writings were very average.

he didn't, you fucking goethaboo

These threads are stupid unless the OP is talking about the obvious choice for best/most successful of all time.

Attached: Shakespeare.jpg (1943x2489, 2.56M)

>40 years more than the global average
>another case of not understanding statistics
The average life expectancy of adults durin Goethes times wasn't 42.

>Shakespeare
>most succesful
He really wasn't. The romantics still preferred other playwrites to him.

Anyway wasn’t Goethe rich ? No wonder he outlived all those peasants.

Attached: 1475731107203.png (625x626, 42K)

He said global

Forgot the part where he wrote nothing worth preserving

Forgot the part where you admit you haven't read his works, not to mention in their original langauge

Sit down and be humble, Veeky Forums.

Attached: 1200px-Cervantes_Jáuregui.jpg (1200x1574, 235K)

>born a commoner
no
how is this a good thing?

cope

I genuinely don't understand the hype behind Cervantes. He's the only big canon boy that I just can't enjoy.

*blocks your path*

Attached: shakespeare.gif (222x282, 37K)

Max Stirner.

Do you speak Spanish?

He was personal friends with Napoleon who admired him a lot. Pretty based. One of Napoleon's favourite books was Sorrows.

a classicist through and through

He was a dandy and a philister in everyday life, minding his own business, being smug and all. He knew they would fuck with him because of his book, therefore he quit his job before they could do so. His book was banned at first, but then they revoked the ban because they deemed the content too absurd.
Also he stopped touching his first wife after seeing her naked (she later died childbearing), his second wife left him after his failed milk business and turned catholic. Stirner came to die through a infected insect bite (!!), the only philosopher of the gang to visit his burial was fucking Bruno Bauer. There is no photo of Stirner and he his only known by his nickname "Forehead" (Stirn). Later some other niggers implemented his milk business idea and made loads of money. It's a fucking tragedy and the opposite of success (which is a spook anyway).

What's that line from Nietzsche?
Napoleon, meeting Goethe, said, "But this is a man, and here I only expected a German!"

This

The only reason he is famous is that Great Britain became a superpower, i cant think of a more overhyped person in human history
Its like these retarded Brits like Colbert or Watson or whoever that get jobs in the states due to their accents

are you a spic by any chance?

tbqh Goethe is also overhyped to shit. Smartest person in world history my ass. He was obviously an autistic savant, flailing his arms around town, but those aren't exactly uncommon

Post the excerpt