Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere

Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere.

Attached: 1515646033183.jpg (920x613, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jo18VIoR2xU
docs.google.com/document/d/1fArqU69USQFCwW-zTF_9GLbhb27F_KybzTlygEX32h4/edit?usp=drivesdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Okay Veeky Forums I need your actual honest to god advice here: is this idea even fucking worth it?
>an upperclass nobleman child sent to study in Paris pre-revolution who falls in love with the woman his parents hired to take care of his house since he's a noble and can't do that shit himself
So yeah it could easily devolve into pure fetish mommy milkies shit and I realize that but if I do it up nice and literary would it work?

>man play tennis
>he depress
>he write booke
>he write more book
>he very depress
>he kil hisself
well what do you think

A man living on his comfy rural farm in France makes strange and funny videos. The novel with follow his shenanigans and family life.

>noble child living alone
nah, just go masturbate lmfao you'll abandon the idea

book about a man who is born in 1890s rural midwest and goes to uni to study agriculture but ends up studying literature instead.

Guy posts his novel idea on the internet which gets stolen and the thief earns millions. The rest of the novel is the guy flighting for copyright

now this has potential
we are, of course, never given any details whatsoever about what the novel idea is or what the novel itself ends up being about. the classic macguffin.

It sounds endlessly amusing

Currently building a world with Precolonial African states. I have a couple of ideas sketched out, such as an epic poem. But right now working on a simple story about redemption to just flesh the world out.

Attached: Benin-Oba-King.jpg (640x453, 229K)

seems VERY sad.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 629K)

What is that thing... I love it... want its nose my ass desu

how bout like shes secretly a serial killer and

please speak in the form of a novel idea user
>man see strange aminal on chinese cartoon image board
>infatuation begins
>love ensues
>spend life savings on import of rare strange animal
>he happy with nose in anus and many things etc. etc.
>and so on and so forth

A man falls in love with his own mother

A man falls in love with himself.

Attached: meme collage 1.jpg (1417x1873, 2.28M)

A man falls in love with a long nosed mini elephant

Done to death, my man.

A man falls

What is this creature? I feel its mocking gaze - it's judging every sin of mine!

> A man has dreams that span hundreds of year each, every morning he wakes up and realizes 90% percent of his life is gone (and worse - never actually happened)

Attached: 1521355648124.jpg (793x786, 52K)

A man neglects his flowers

A man neglects his powers

hes also in a failing marriage and was neglected by his mother as a child

does anyone else play that game where you tell yourself that if you don't get the captcha on the first go your life will go downhill suddenly

I would never win

Getting the captcha correct is directly correlated with my life going downwards

Nah, I dont have the tism

Set during the mid 90's in manhattan, a young argentinian inmigrant finds himself involved in a misterious network of human trafficking that at first, seems like nothing more than just another criminal operation, but sooner thsn later realizes how he's is now part of a bigger and thicker network of satanic ritualist preppers that are plotting a massive suicide/sacrifice with the victims they kidnapp in order to prepare for the arrival of the new millenia.

Main character is a hedonistic nobody that assists in suicides for a living. Aristocratic lady is his regular customer as her family finds ways to bring her back from the brink of death. Called into more remote locations to kill her he slowly finds the world of absurd violence holding society together.

Attached: F48B6A8A-993C-41F1-ADDA-29DD1A6081D9.jpg (750x749, 228K)

The daily life of a rational and free-speech-loving group of citizens is ruined by the hellspawn creatures that label themselves as the Postmodern Poststructuralist Continental Neo-Marxists 2: Revolutions

A future where negros are slaves onces again, and everyone is a vegan (nigs harvest their vegetables).

Ugliest shit on Earth.

oo it's slowing down. Running out of ideas?
Running out of willpower...?

Throw in a disastrous marriage and an estranged daughter and you might have a thing.

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Close enough

Attached: Long dream.jpg (920x1305, 305K)

A day in a nonsense world, where the surreal is warped into the mundane. A text where no meaning can be gleaned, because there is none. Not random, but bizzare.

Dystopian YA shit fiction with a WOC main char
Guaranteed best seller

that’s not what a deus ex machina is you fucking pseud

Please give more details

A man's dick slowly begins to absorb his brain matter until the man is no longer in control. He becomes a human dick.

that's just puberty, user, unless you mean you are going to write the metaphor literally? kind of a followup to Kafka's Metamorphosis?

A man who has been an adventurer and hero his entire life finally decides to start a family at the very end. It revolves around his regrets, adapting to being a father and about spending the small amount of time with the ones he loves.
In the end, he does die, but unlike many others, he does it with the ones he loves and cherishes the most around him.

you have to go back

these two posts are funnny and reading them improved my life thanks user i actually laughed out loud

Sounds like a movie I would watch

A boy is sent to live with his mean, ugly uncle for a summer and discovers that his uncle is actually a dimension-hopping mad scientist from a Pixar-like universe where only ugly people are evil, and vice versa. The boy must stop his uncle from recruiting beautiful, evil spies from this universe in order to prevent his takeover of the Pixar universe.

What a... novel idea
*snickers*

Father has Alzheimer’s and dementia. Spent the week getting him proper medical help. He’s safe and home now. Priorities. I’ll get up early and start strong again in the morning

Attached: CCDEFD5B-D809-49C3-ACD6-73405707E0F6.jpg (750x745, 40K)

I want to write a series of short stories about my dreams. Or at least what I remember of them and then I fill in the blanks and shit.

Like the one with a 2-headed chimera moose wolf, who was the guardian "spirit" of a forest. Loved mysteries and went around the forest solving "crime", but didn't actually tell anyone about the answer, because all that matters is that he knows.

Or when I was tricked by a girlfriend to visit her family and it turned into a reality tv-esque show where I was sexually abused in a maze of a house

Or when I had to save a whale, and it all happened in 2-d panels style

Or the time when I was being researched by scientists because I realized I was dreaming and could do cool shit

That's a bare premise and not a plot, you'd need actual content to take it anywhere. As a comment on the premise as it stands, I'd say it's pretty obvious, especially if you did the /anime/ thing and added a second, technically-a-better-match girl to compete for his affections.

>a book about making videos
Writing may not be the best platform?

Mite b cool. Plenty of inherent conflict in that. I guess as a purely literary book you could make something out of it.

get back in ur coffin oedippy

Like Narnia but with nightly suffering. Interesting concept.

Only if the climax is the first 10 minutes of 2001 with the preppers realising that nothing went wrong at midnight.

Only if you give an interview 10 years later where you reveal you did it because you knew it would sell copies on diversity hype alone.

This is literally Walk Hard

Currently writing a series of comic short stories based on people I've met during college. I tried to get it into a novel centered around a protagonist who's drifting through college solely on his professors being friends with him, but it lost energy pretty quickly into the narrative and floated around listlessly without any of the humor I wanted. So now it's a short story collection of little anecdotes about characters loosely based on reality, like the fascist in a beret, panzerkorps jacket, and Air Jordans I know, or the Colombian Sargon-lover who insists that he's punk, or the guy who, while drinking champagne at the campus pub, told a Jewish man that "Hitler didn't do a good enough job," before getting into a fistfight which ended with both sides being winded before they'd made a single punch land.

A man descends into violence and sexual fetishism without realizing even by the end the lack of humanity he has.

how bout that qt3.14 that you're too afraid to talk to in class?

Just gonna steal from Greek mythology desu

Attached: Novel Plan.gif (429x401, 22K)

brutal

good post

I fucking hate that image. What the fuck is that thing? I hate it.

Welcome back, opinionchan

Attached: 4C38CD4D-37C9-43A6-B029-EB8850E6114A.png (600x600, 109K)

This is a great thread. I always had this idea for a modern day reinterpretation of the lotus fields from the odyssey

LOL the classic macguffin

sounds retarded. you sound retarded.

Based on noir pulp stories, it's set in the 1950s about a PI who used to be a superhero sidekick uncovering some kind of government conspiracy

perpetually engaging

I think you mean *I* always had this idea for a modern day reinterpretation of the lotus fields from the odyssey, sucker!

try jerking off first, but it could be ok if you have enough content to make an actual plot.

Sell this idea to John Green and you may make a pretty penny.

A lighthearted adventure about a group of kids building a secret base in the woods
For the first part of the book, after that the apocalypse happens and the kids must hide in their base, only heading out in the dangerous world to gather supplies

I might like this idea more if it started after the apocalypse.
>shit goes down
>group of kids survives
>makes fort in the woods
>perversion of doing it for fun
>still have fun
something like that

Any recommendations for the best works with this theme, then?

why does it sound retarded

>Sci-fi futuristic novel
>Atheist Physicist in the future discovers evidence of a deity in an experiment
>keeps it a secret while repeating the experiment.
>believes he can kill or isolate this deity from his universe
>tries to do this
>there is some big twist at the end.

I meant to write it up as a short story or little cheesy sci-fi novella and hopefully sell it or something.

Then I read some other asshole's novel and it has my basically same corny premise only the twist is it was a computer virus and it was done deliberately by the boss guy to start a Scientology type for-profit religion and the atheist scientist is just a pawn that was manipulated.

I was leaning more Heinlein/ anime-plot type weirdness but it's still too similar this other novel. Ah well.

Now I want to see cannibal raiders getting defeated one by one home alone style

have you seen Pi? youtube.com/watch?v=jo18VIoR2xU

>Jewish Kabbalah magic
looks real funny

A MAN IS SUMMONED TO COURT FOR FRAUD BUT CANNOT GET ANY INFORMATION ON HIS CASE SO HE TRIES, SENTENCES, AND PUNISHES HIMSELF

Attached: F1C37C2F-A65F-4C9A-B0E3-4A541E9E54D4.jpg (600x600, 58K)

yeah I giggled at that part too. It just reminded me of your thing cause its about finding the pattern for god

oh, I'm not that guy desu.

I vaugely remember hearing about it, but I suppose that's similar two.

My idea was the twist was in the device the scientist used to measure evidence of this deity imparted some observer's effect that altered what was perceived, or observation altered the observer. Had a few ideas how this ultimately worked out so it'd be sufficiently weird and ambiguous as to what was really happening so the reader can make their own interpretation.

But yeah, the story is basically one half-mad scientist and maybe two or three peripheral characters and weird stuff happens then the ending is up to interpretation.

The Trial but worse

Magic realism novel about a guy who takes a shit twenty six times hoping when the shit lands it makes a letter of the alphabet.

So in near future some guy figures out how to make classical music equivalent dog music. Retarded pop culture jumps on the ship and soo you have dog classical music concerts everywhere. Dogs just sitting in rows listening to songs. But no one expected the fallowing, that music altered the thinking patterns of dogs and made them smarter. So a hundred years into the future and humanity is nearly extinct and dogs now rule the world. Its written from the pov of a survivor on the run with his pet cat in search for a rumored cat whistle which supposedly makes cats smarter.

Its kinda like planet of the apes but with dogs and less gene experimentation and more music theory.
R8 pls is it worth pursuing?

Attached: 220px-Confucius_De_la_Parure.jpg (220x337, 16K)

A story about the growth of a hivemind. Not one with a queen or king, but one where all consciousness play an equally large role.

>he's writing about meme Africa
I would buy it user. Tribal fantasy is best fantasy

If it's lighthearted like some Douglas Adams novel it could be fun.

A soon to be dead man telling his grandchild his story in the hopes he/she can finish what he started.

it's been a short while since i last posted this
docs.google.com/document/d/1fArqU69USQFCwW-zTF_9GLbhb27F_KybzTlygEX32h4/edit?usp=drivesdk
still looking for any ideas and criticism

A man. His pet rabbit.
The apocalypse.
Bestseller much?

sorry to hear that user, take care, we are here for you

the to that one was spot on

What if it starts with a queen but over time she surrenders to the thoughts and needs of her underlings and merges into the hivemind.

So it's Your Name but with phones. I can see the Japanese stealing this.

I have the idea to use the Japanese Ogura Hyakunin Isshu as inspiration for my own poetry book. Six poems in and I write a poem about a guy jumping off a bridge. Well, hello depression my old friend.

In 2039, the EU annexes Poland to create living space for migrants overcrowding Germany.

Poland never gets a break do they?

I don't have any. Writing a novel is such an incredigbly daunting task that I could never hope to achieve it

Do a children's bok