I’m 50 pages into this. When does it get good?

I’m 50 pages into this. When does it get good?

Attached: FBFDD955-429C-49B3-B4AB-AE77C28ED64F.jpg (1086x1240, 229K)

It'll click with you in a hundred pages or so.

Okay I’ll give it that much at least. Thanks senpai.

Page 21, pleb

it doesn’t

it's elder god tier from page one. if a screaming comes across the sky isn't a contender for best opening line to a novel i don't know what is

someone please
What the heck is the kirghiz light?

>he didn't read along with the reading group

Your loss

You'll be into it once you get to part 2, then it's all gravy baby, ooh yeah!

Are you the same guy that asked this last GR thread?

Whew, what a blast from the past. Schedule-user here. I wish people contributed to discussion so I would've had a reason to keep those threads up. I miss that group a lot, to be honest.

It was a lot of fun.

Learned a lot, too. Thanks for the schedules, by the way.

i was halfway through and struggling but seeing that group inspired me. I finished it without following you guys and enjoyed it.
to op, listen to the pynchon in public pdocas episodes after finishing sections at a time, they really dicuss everything that happens and often elucidate the encyclopedic references and arcane allusions or dense prose. definitely will reread it again in like twenty years maybe, now i just wanna read phil, that was enough literary experience for a year

page 51 i'd say

Yes, no one answered me.

>Pynchon in Public Podcast
I've never seen them mentioned here but I've been listening to them for a while! I always read the books first and try to piece it together for myself. Then I listen to the podcasts after finishing the book.

just fucking shut up

>pls no bully

? I responded. So did a few other people.

Op here,

I mean for sure it’s had its moments thus far, but I can’t call it the greatest novel of all time. So pirate is womanizing, sinus fighting special ops agent right?

It reads almost like a crime novel pastiche sometimes. Do I have the right gist?

Is shmoozing with girls a major motif? Because I don’t want to read something I can’t relate to.

It doesn’t.

For me, it clicked after twenty or thirty pages, but I lost it again and didn't end up enjoying it very much (or really "getting" it).

The very first sentence, you sub-human peabrain.

You haven't even got into the main plotline yet, really.