Can someone explain to me what the fuck is edith's problem?

can someone explain to me what the fuck is edith's problem?

Attached: 166997.jpg (296x475, 20K)

Pampered cunt that didn't want her child to end up like her.

I plan to read this book in its original language. But I don't know whether it could be read with no major difficulties or not by a non-native speaker. So, is it a soft reading?

The prose is pretty straightforward and the language is simple. I think it would be pretty easy for you.

it's an easy read

She wanted to go to Europe

she threw away a nice life because she agreed to marry a literal autist with no prospects after a week of knowing him

why did she agree to marry him in the first place? she seemed extremely hesitant of getting married anyway

same reason grace didn't use a rubber i suppose

She was rape

This is now an Edith appreciation thread
>hot af, still gives Stoner a chance
>could do 10 times better but sticks with him
>dreams of going to Europe but abandons it because of love
>gives him enough space when his father dies
>gives him enough space in general
>pretends everything is fine in front of his friends
>gives him a beautiful white child
>forgives his CHEATING on her

Is Edith the perfect woman?

she a THOT

I tried Edith shitposting before and with a sincere novel like this, it doesn't fly. You're wasting your time

probably to get away from her molesting father

She was sexually abused by her father and when Stoner spent long periods of time alone with their daughter she feared the worst.

this, not to mention the fact that they both had zero chance of intimacy from the start considering both of their sexual backgrounds (or lack thereof) and their first year of sexual activity

this is now a David Masters thread

be honest Veeky Forums, would you have beated her after the studio incident? i would

More importantly than that, she wanted to escape her father, and male authority figures in general. It's a little odd she got so mad about not going to Europe when she could visit in the future with Stoner, don't you think?

She's scared to defy men.

Stoner is a great book for teaching people to understand characters.

its such an easy read, loved the book, never understood why its so hyped on Veeky Forums.

dave masters was a fag
gordon finch is /ourguy/

walter is our guy

Men

do you mean walker, because if so that is probably sadly true

yea typo

>sadly
Charles Walker was a g

What did you expect?

She's a poorly written character

THIS JOHN WILLIAMS IS A CLEAR MISOGYNYST SEXIST XENOPHOBE ALL THE CHARACTERS AND AUTHORITY FIGURES WERE WHITE MALE AND THE ONLY PROMINENT WOMENT IN THE BOOK WERE FUCKED BY STONER LIKE WTF.

Attached: 1494966114073.jpg (1080x1310, 274K)