What should you read during baby's first existential crisis

what should you read during baby's first existential crisis

is it time to start with the greeks

Attached: deepspacehomer3.png (512x384, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fs.blog/2014/05/hunter-s-thompson-to-hume-logan/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've decided that I'm going to read only Homer to my children.

Walt Whitman and Wallace Stevens

kind of dislike how existential crisis entered into the cultural mind as a definition of some sort, even without myself having read any existentialists proper

familiarity truly is the death of consciousness

Attached: 1488570296753.png (449x431, 173K)

ok dude nice post :)

baby's first existential crisis is synonymous with not being well read enough to be able to articulate all of the shades and spectrums of human emotion. It's an expression of limited vocabulary and confusion. This must all sound very condescending but really the issue is that you must read yourself out of such platitudes so that you can be more precise with your problems.

so I should just read anything

Attached: e9b20a0423ed3244862f6d47a1c3f4b3.jpg.png (640x426, 357K)

suggestions?

Crime and Punishment
Joyces works up to Ulysses

>there is no such thing as an existential crisis
>look at these 10th grade sentences im using to pontificate in front of you with
faggot

Friedrich Neat. I read that when i was younger and it worked for me. Guess it'll work for your baby too

The doors of perception

bump
>t. baby with OCD in midst of an existential crisis

>this hasn't been posted yet

kek

Attached: 71YYF+1ZGSL.jpg (1664x2560, 202K)

same

(this letter: fs.blog/2014/05/hunter-s-thompson-to-hume-logan/) - Hunter S. Thompson
The Last Messiah - Peter Zapffe
Discourses - Epictetus (or you can be a fag and read Aurelius)

L’Étranger

Kierkegaard and then progress to Evola (with the latter even if you can only comprehend 30% of what he's saying it'll still do you more good than any post 19th century philosopher out there). If you're wanting fiction go for Atomised. Just stay away from Sartre whatever you do because his material is deceptively toxic.

Recommending Sartre to anyone grappling with an existential crisis is like offering high-end chocolate liqueurs to a recovering alcoholic under the guise of them being Hershey's Kisses

IJ

I would recommend reading the first major novel of different writers.

>This Side of Paradise by Fitzgerald
>A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by Joyce
>Poor Folk by Dostoyevsky
>The Sorrows of Young Werther by Goethe

These works show the writer as he begins to leave his immaturity behind, recognizing it for what it is. My honest opinion is that a person's first few existential crises are only unpleasant because the person is immature. After the first or second one, assuming you survive (which, anyone who's not a literal angsty teenager should), you come up certain realizations that put things in perspective:

>Everyone suffers
>People have a tendency to be petty, egotistical/undeservedly proud, and greedy.
>We are all philosophically inconsistent when it comes to morality and religion.
>Life will come to an end...don't take everything so seriously.

just take some LSD

cringe

>is it time to start with the greeks

Yeah, nothing like getting drunk and taking it up the ass for getting over any sort of crisis.

>having kids
Evil brainlet.

if you want the actual blackpillcore on why your existential crisis is not actually as crippling as it would be if you knew the truth, try:

Dream, Death, and the Self - JJ Valberg
On Myself, and Other, Less Important Subjects - Caspar Hare
On Relativity Theory and the Openness of the Future - Howard Stein
Tractatus - Wittgenstein
Wittgenstein on Rules and Private Language - Kripke

Siddharta by Herman Hess

Attached: Buddha-Vajrapani-Herakles.jpg (983x1068, 574K)

>not being well read enough to be able to articulate all of the shades and spectrums of human emotion
10 papers on mental illness > top 1000 novels

>>Everyone suffers
[citation needed]
[genetics, poverty and mental illness do not exist, they are voluntary]

Attached: qeer.png (1070x501, 126K)

Do you know someone who hasn't suffered? Really?

>[genetics, poverty and mental illness do not exist, they are voluntary]

What does that have to do with what I said?

>genetics are voluntary
How retarded are you?