Hell yeah, a writer is what I am going to be

>Hell yeah, a writer is what I am going to be....

>"Active Voice?"

>Oh yeah, I know that one. I jus....

>"Asyndeton?"

>Shit, what the fuck is that? ...

>"Chiasmus, Conjunctive Adverbs , Parataxis, Superlative Form?"

>S-stop it, I don't know what all of these things are.

>"Syndetons, Split Infinitives, Compound Predicates, Polysyndeton..."

>Noooooooo.

Attached: hm.jpg (595x720, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0jnUU2c_i0w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like how the criticism image ITSELF includes an
>*I* wouldn't fuck you! My pussy will NEVER open its sloppy gates for your cum
approach to "criticizing" men for their behavior

Having a cunt is like a mental sickness. Everything you encounter, everything you think or want to say, EVERYTHING that emanates from the seat of your soul must first pass through the filter of "How does the fact that I'm a sexual selector play into this?"

wtf is going on in this thread oh wait i don't even care, hided

>every single young male author ever is influenced by Bukowski

Where did this meme come from?

what is this postmodern shit

Knowing what does mean won’t make you a good writer.

Also fuck your rules bitch boy

>implying these things didn't just arise out of lit criticism
>implying authors themselves invented these things knowingly

Bukowski didn't know what those were, he could barely spell (and punctuate)

Lecturing the birds how to fly

>implying Veeky Forums knows how to write

lmfao

wow that's sexist

so he goes home and googles all of that? whats the problem?

Stop watching PUA videos.

Look at the picture, though. The criticism is ultimately based in the refusal of sex. It's like how women will often respond to arguments with a man by calling him a virgin, or saying that women will not have sex with him, etc. Their default mode of argumentation is based around their sexual gatekeeper status.

who is Bukowski?

autism

Not an argument honey ;)

The irony is that I know many more women who enjoy Hemingway and Bukowski than men.

Attached: 21687113_1793741060653373_2608343107478259676_o1.jpg (1051x1423, 667K)

hemingway is fine, bukowski is literature for slutty women

bukowski is the male rupi kaur

Its just some butthurt roastie. Youre right men crave sex and women leverage to get what they want. Its that simple

>Bukowski and Hemingway

Attached: 4uv2s13cyq401.jpg (832x720, 126K)

Problem?; virgin?!

Attached: d23.png (613x573, 67K)

The dumb action movie of literature

>autism

Attached: 1520052340993.png (426x510, 154K)

>he didn't have a rigorous English grammar class in the 8th grade
>he didn't study Latin, French and German to universalize his understanding of grammar
>he hasn't studied the poetry of those languages and written some himself
The above are the bare minimum to ever be a quality literary writer. If you don't know grammar inside and out then you're just flailing around in the dark when trying to develop a written voice.

Attached: duchess.jpg (506x810, 81K)

this but unironically

Honestly young hipster americans just seem like absolute scum. An entire culture based around nothing but snarky, sneering criticism of one another. It's depressing to look at from over here in yuropoor land

What are the subcultures like over there euro user?

Here in bongland it's nothing but alcoholism, people don't seem to bother with subcultures anymore. A few students act like a parody of a /pol/ poster's nightmares but otherwise just booze and more booze.

>tfw I have a full beard and drink IPAs

Attached: Legendary pepe.jpg (683x682, 107K)

Does anyone actually refer to grammatical structure in formulating their sentences? I just can't imagine Gaddis or Pynch sitting around hemming, hawing, checking through each page, filtering the number of grammatical playthings per page each.
Look, I don't doubt that from the perspective of an editor, it's fascinating, but I highly doubt there's some overarching guideline to english that all or even some of the greats followed with excessive effort. In fact, that variety isnwhat is most beautiful. that two authors can be dense and pulchritudinous in completely separate ways.

snarky, snearing criticism of one another and Americans

I wasn't trying to be funny or superior though, you know what I mean

I'd rather stay in Murrica.

Attached: poplarsign.png (747x511, 292K)

i like how the american always jumps in to make the oh so funny and witty quip....

I don't know what you mean though. My online interactions with Germans, Brits and Nords don't seem any better than what you were reacting to, and it's a little weird how they always seem to have such strongly held beliefs about American domestic policies.

O B S E S S E D

I could be wrong, I'm only going on what I see online. It just seems as though you all have such contempt for each other, it looks miserable.

I guess that depends a lot on what venues you're looking at online. If you're reading political ones, then yeah those get pretty tense but I can't imagine the far-right and left parties in any European country love each other too much either. Social media is dominated by the worst people alive, which I doubt is an American thing. Veeky Forums is where young men go to express toxicity (except, occasionally, on the boards about self-improvement and creativity). Here in the real world America has its problems but if you're educated and hang out with other educated people it's not so bad.

Even educated Americans are dumber than the average European. Been living here for seven years in the most "prestigious" universities.

This is objectively untrue but okay. Perhaps you mean that you think their culture is dumb, which is a different matter.

Their obsession with meat is one of the most annoying things about these pseudo-manly men. Just to preface a bit, I am not a vegetarian. That being said, the way they equate meat-eating with manliness is just ridiculous. Meat is easy to acquire, it tastes good, and takes absolutely no effort for them to acquire. Vegetarianism is much more manly, it involves sacrifice of pleasure for the well-being of an animal; most of these "manly" Ron Swanson wannabes have hardly sacrificed a thing in their lives. I doubt many of them would have the gut to hunt and kill an animal themselves, they just reap the benefits of (((factory farming))) without having to consider the animals that die so they can go all "muh manly BACON".

Attached: XtgYbZU.jpg (1500x1000, 335K)

>Meat is easy to acquire, it tastes good, and takes absolutely no effort for them to acquire

Whoops I am redundant, I need to proofread better

Yeah I like Hemingway, which makes it more annoying that so many people pretend like their is this intolerable subculture of macho young men who worship him when in reality he seems to appeal to more women than men.

Pretty accurate

>am a young, male, aspiring young writer
>have never read Bukowski or Hemingway
Get dunked on roasties

My favorite writers are Tolstoy and Shakespeare. I have never read Bukowski and Hemingway. I run my eyes on some Hemingway pages, but they looked like meatless chicken bones: it’s a style like any other style, but that strives to seem “simple” and “clean” and “plain”: it’s not my thing.

I have no problems with feminist girls and feminism: in fact I believe that many of their claims are fair. In many countries the rates of domestic violence against women, of differences in labor wages, in job opportunities and so forth are very concerning. I can’t see why is so difficult for many people to see that feminism is not about women being treated better than men, but as equals. Actually, I guess that many people understand that, but pretend not to understand because they want to marry with a hot girl that will stay in the kitchen cooking their meals and taking care of the children. I confess that life would be easier with a wife who acted like this, but one must always put oneself in the place of others, and if I were a girl I would like to study and have a career, not stay at home cleaning the house and taking care of children.

At the same time I have spent a lot of money with prostitutes (don’t think that many who criticize feminism would view prostitution with neutral-eyes, but also don’t think that many feminists would).

As for the OP, I love rhetoric. I have studied some books of it with great pleasure, like Sister Miriam Joseph’s “Shakespeare Uses of the Arts of Language”.

just eat a healthy diet and stop worrying if it is masculine or feminine lmao come on nigga

>tfw teetoaler
essentially makes me an outcast in British society, I have more in common with the Muslims (and no I am not a wog I am native White British church of England background)

Hemingway was a hack.

you seem like an interesting fellow
what do you do for a living?

as if women knew anything about literature
as if patricians care what women think
as if women are only fuck toys and a distraction to reading and writing

I don’t think I’m interesting, user. I see myself as grey-souled, grey-blooded, grey-in-personality.

But to your questions: I work as a lawyer. I wanted to be a writer full-time, but knew that it would be very hard to achieve that with my poor works and poetic/old-fashioned style. Indeed, my two books didn’t sell.

By insistence of my family – all layers – I also studied law, but I do not love the profession. It’s beautiful and significant, and it’s extremely important for the functioning of society, but my hearth is not on it. However, since this is by far the best prospect for me, I work in the law-office of my family. Our especially is labor law.

I’m currently doing a masters degree in literature. If everything happen well* I plan to become a literature teacher in the future.

*My books were poetic plays: the kind of stuff that hardly anyone reads today, with the exception of Shakespeare’s plays. I am now planning a novel and, if I manage to write it, I will look for a literary agent and try to hit the publishers with more marketing and financing, etc. If the book really sell – unlikely – I would strive to live by writing alone.

(Forgive my bad English, is not my first language and I am not very good at it)

This tbqh. Having a gf is a pain if you want to actually fucking read

I bet you're a real hit with the ladies

H-how long until the women catch on that we don't actually like Hemingway?

Attached: billy.jpg (650x694, 38K)

Which is why we went from Tolstoy and Joyce to nothing.

that's just jewish culture becoming mainstream with people not smart enough to pull it off

I only learned about the names for these things because of my Latin courses. Never once throughout high school or college was I taught any of those words.

>complete non-sequitor reinforcing the fact that he has no leverage in the sexual marketplace
>responding to an eloquently written post with mindless dribble
hi female

Analysis and terminology is for critics, not writers. Unless you want to write an 'impress by numbers" for 10 sneering academics to read.

don't give (You)'s to the muh americans posters

>An entire culture based around nothing but snarky, sneering criticism of one another.

Attached: 4chan-logo.png (1024x638, 70K)

>tfw learning Latin and Russian has improved my English immensely

I think you sound like a nice, interesting guy

I was taught most of that shit in high school. It's nearly useless. Btw if you wanted to sound like a proper smart pseud you could've mentioned fewer "-syndeton"s and instead namedropped anadiplosis, prolepsis, caesura, cюжeт and ocтpaнeниe

Why do incredible average idiots need to include great writers in their incredibly average posting and identity shut the fuck up

i really hope you are trolling, the picture doesn't show that at all, you are just projecting super hard. As the last guy said stop watching pua videos..

Bruh I didn't even know what a noun was until I was 21 that's how bad my education was

bro is this thread a bunch of faggots projecting super hard?

he worked with Charles Schultz on the Peanuts strips.

Attached: Bukowski_Peanuts_Lucy.jpg (800x169, 61K)

>Does anyone actually refer to grammatical structure in formulating their sentences?

fuck, no. you say what you have to say as directly as possible, unless you're trying to parody Lovecraft or Eddison. if anyone tries to point out that you used the inverted past pluperfect indirect imperative form incorrectly, you kick them in the balls.

At a certain point, you can't blame him. Blame the absolute lack of standards when it comes to teaching English in general.

and

Attached: Bukowski_Peanuts_assholes.jpg (800x163, 64K)

GOOD post

the sparrow does not teach the eagle how to soar

Eat a dick, retard

t. sparrow

elite poast cyborg warrior

based patrice oneal
their nothing more than a series of holes. without their pussy , women are fucked
youtube.com/watch?v=0jnUU2c_i0w

Attached: roast.png (595x720, 395K)

they're

Why do the genders have a constant need to attack one another now? It's so fucking annoying. It's also annoying that in mainstream culture it's only acceptable in one direction (girls attacking boys).

Homer didn't know what any of those is, and I do know what every single one of those is.

Does that mean I am a better poet than Homer? Hardly.

How about the mods delete this thread? It would be useful.

kek

>the misguided sexual rage
In what way? Also, how can a woman purport to understand male sexuality when she literally can't experience what it's like to live with a male hormonal makeup?

I have to say this stereotype of "young male author that tries hard to seem manly and hard-boiled through his writing" is something I've personally never seen.
If something most young writers nowadays seem to focus on depression and "emasculating" stuff like that.

It's just a standard feminist attack on masculinity, even in its strawman form. Nothing to debate.

Same in Australia, but you can add a whole bunch of drugs to the culture too.

there are plenty of subcultures in australia youre just not looking

Honestly, it's better than the same crap derivative of Baldwin and Lorde that every other demographic seems to produce.

>Having a cunt is like a mental sickness
I will never tire of misogyny

Yep, when I interact with people it's as if they are playing characters in a sitcom, and it's really not that funny.

Some thot in grad school met a chubby bearded nice guy who likes Bukowski and Hemingway who called her a slut and this is how she takes it out

I know how to write very well because I am not obsessed with the writerly universals which many writers (especially Hemingway fans) are obsessed with.
You fucking retard, you can't 'universalize' your grammar by studying fucking four Indo-European languages. Go back to /pol/ please.

What country? First language?

Those languages are the minimum if you're writing in English, largely because they're most closely related to English. Of course more is always better and writers in other languages may benefit more from studying other languages. It wasn't supposed to be a racist thing.

Actually no, I'm not apologizing for anything. It should have been clear that I was talking about writers in English for whom English is a first language and that "universalize" didn't mean to grasp every possible way a language can be constructed from studying 4 related ones.

Also check your own use of "universal" in you smarmy fuck.

Nice

>tfw did all those things but studied Latin, French, and Spanish instead
I'll never make it