What furniture does Veeky Forums read on?

Attached: 1997.459.a-c_side.png (425x532, 951K)

If you don't walk around while reading you will be fucking killed immediately as soon as I figure out who you are.

I read on the couch, or in bed, or sometimes in a chair outside if the weather is particularly nice.

Bare mattress on the floor in a room with no other furniture

An Ekornes stressless lounge chair from the early 70s.

The toilet. That's also where I smoke, drink, and eat. Also I use the computer there.

a shit tier modern office chair that i fucking hate, or in bed immediately before bed and after waking up

Like, 50-50 between the toilet and the bed.

Bed
I did this while I was insane

Bed, kitchen table, break table at work, walking home from work, porch chair, and couch.

You toilet readers are just strange.

they're memeing or mutting
I hope it's the memeing.

Attached: IMG_20180320_073431.jpg (2240x3968, 2.82M)

Why wouldn't you read on the toilet?

In the car in the mcdonalds parking lot

Am I the only pleb who reads in a non-moving car just for the purpose of reading in peace?

It's not the comfiest but it's the only place inside the house where I can get away from the kids.

depress.

Attached: ever just sit in your truck.png (1334x750, 2.1M)

my ass

Bed

I read mostly on my bed but in an earlier thread like this one some user posted this picture and it's kept me laughing ever since.

Attached: 1508650785976.jpg (802x1440, 668K)

i read with horrible posture on a shit couch, but when i buy a house i want to get one of these

Attached: furniture-mid-century-stressless-lounge-ekornes-chair-and-ottoman-for-therapists-ekornes-chair-for-t (300x300, 9K)

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 6K)

Excellent choice, user.

Attached: reading chair.jpg (1250x1120, 446K)

Who is that a bust of?

i think it was this pic that made me want oneā€”this your set up?

Supposedly it's a bust of Cicero. From some angles it looks like him, but from others it doesn't. Bought it sight-unseen, so that's basically on me.

It is! I've had the chair for 3 or 4 years or so now, and it's still terrifically comfortable for reading (and also for napping when it's reclined).

Shower

right where i'm sitting now, makes it difficult not to shitpost instead of reading - especially since i need to look up words and references sometimes so turning the monitor on and off constantly is a bother

On the Veeky Forums chair

Attached: 292018135754.jpg (1920x1472, 1.19M)

Each night I swim out to the middle of a small lake while balancing a book on my head.

Once i reach the very centre of the lake I tread water and read by moonlight until exhausted.

Then I swim back to shore and go to bed cold and soaking wet. I sleep soundly.

>not reading while swimming up a waterfall
never gonna make it, lad

My bed.

>not ejaculating onto the page of a book, then allowing the ejaculate to dry and form a thin sheet which can be gently peeled off of the page bringing a copy of the text with it
>not creating a library of semen scrolls to be passed down to your great grandchildren

do u even into Veeky Forums

My great-great-grandfather's rocking chair somehow ended up with me, so I use that. Really comfy, and puts you in the mood for some reading.

My bookcase chair.

Attached: bibliochasechair.jpg (540x408, 43K)

unlit bookshelf but incredible chair

just realized i could afford this chair
Fuck I love being a sellout

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x400, 19K)

One shouldn't exclusively read fiction or history, but a mix of both, user. It is important to be well rounded.

Beautiful chair, but it offers no head support for anyone taller than 5'8" or so.

How much is it?

you wouldn't need head support when leaning over a book, though maybe i just think that because i'm a hunchbacked goblin

List prices for a new one start at $5295, and can go to to $7195 depending on choice of wood and leather.

up* to

>buying a meme brand chair instead of a knock off

>buying a Chinese pressboard knockoff that will look like shit after a year of daily use
>not buying the OG design built with high-quality materials and backed by a ten-year warranty

I wouldn't buy one even if it were reasonably priced, because I am too tall to sit comfortably in one. The user in though seemed to be bragging about being able to afford one.

I read on the train.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 3.30.22 PM.png (591x445, 406K)

*in Ugandan accent*
"why is there no partition?"

The chair comes in a tall size. How freaking huge are you?

For me, it's the subway, the best public transit reading environment.

/minimalist/

grass

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 6K)

I read Infinite Jest on the toilet over 3 years

The tall size only came out a year or so ago. It is 2.5 inches taller than the original. The original offers little-to-no head support for anyone taller than ~5'8. So the new one is good up to 5'10, *maybe* 5'11. I am 6'0.

I have sat in both; the taller one is better but still lacking. For $5k+, I want a chair to fit me perfectly. The Ekornes chairs that have been posted in this thread are for me both better and less expensive. For that matter, so is a cheap Ikea Poang chair. YMMV. If you aren't too tall and have the means to afford an Eames chair, go for it. As was initially said, it's a beautiful chair. It just isn't the *best* chair for everyone.

What's the very best Eames-style lounge chair one can buy? I'm actually looking for one.

The actual Eames lounge chair is the best Eames style lounge chair you can get if you are not too tall for it. There are a number of old Plycraft knockoffs you can occasionally find that are quite close aesthetically, but of varying sizes and qualities. Once you get past that, the styles change quite quickly. Ekorness Stressless is a good chair in the $2-3k range and comes in a number of different styles. Natuzzi made a chair called the Re-vive that was tremendously comfortable, but it's reclining/tilting mechanism was prone to failure and I don't believe it's made anymore. The Saarinen womb chair is good, as is the Jacobsen egg chair, though both are very very expensive. Ikea's Poang is actually quite a good chair for the price, though it is also ubiquitous; their Strandmon is solid as well though styled differently.

Look around, and make sure you try out a chair in a storeroom or retail location before buying one. Alternative, keep an eye out on Craigslist or an alternative site if you want to go the used route.

Yep.

Attached: WP_20170528_15_39_21_Pro.jpg (2592x1456, 2.33M)

>We heard you like spinal problems so we fucked your shit up

I read on the floor, with my back leaning on a wooden chest.