What are some must-reads of Islamic literature?

What are some must-reads of Islamic literature?

Attached: koleksi-lengkap-kaligrafi-lafadz-allah-lafadz-jalalah-seni-in-kaligrafi-lafaz-allah-dan-muhammad.jpg (498x500, 213K)

This thread will get replies, inshallah!

The burdah
The ihya ulum al deen
40 of Nawawi
Riyadh al Saliheen
The conference of the birds
The deliverance from error

Have you read all those? What were your thoughts on 'em?

Not yet all of them, still in the process of acquiring some of them.

On the ones I have read:
40 of Nawawi are a great introduction to Sunnah literature, as is the riyadh al Saliheen. Many scholars recommend reading at least one hadith from these collections a day, simply because they're such fundamental ahadith to muslim life.

The conference of the birds is a smack in the face for any would-be-mystic. I'm not sure whether or not you're aware of the premise of it, but it's basically a flock of different types of birds flying off, lead by the hoopoo, in search of this mythical king of birds. Each of the birds give its objections and reasons why they haven't set off in search of this king bird and devoted themselves fully to it, and the hoopoo wrecks them on every argument they make. Basically, will leave you feeling like a pathetic piece of bird excrement for not setting out on the journey yourself. 10/10

The deliverance from error is basically Imam al Ghazali explaining how he went from a pedantic, semantic edgelord and master debater to someone who actually decided to improve his soul. He lays out some pretty excellent arguments in regards to all kinds of lines of thinking(wrecking Dawkins all the way from the 11th century). 9/10, only flaw is that it is so short.

The Satanic Verses.

They sound juicy, thanks for sharing.

will def check out conference of the birds!

Submission

I can second Conference. It's really pretty and even funny at times but ultimately full of wisdom and basically says "There's literally no excuse for you to not walk The Path, it's gonna be hard but it's fucking worth it" Just wish I didn't have to read it in translation.

Attached: 90762CBC-842C-4478-ABAE-718017F72880.jpg (330x499, 40K)

The koran

Attached: picatrix g.jpg (1080x1080, 74K)

None of it is must read if you didn't grow up in the culture it has very little significance to you. Perhaps the quran

>t. Ex muslim who studied 4 years in a madrassa

Have you read it and what were your impressions ?

Which translation of Conference do you recommend?

that sounds dope

why did you leave

Because the more I studied the more I became convinced it wasn't the absolute truth as Muslims claimed it was. I liked being Muslim, however I would just being lying to myself and pretending if I continued following it.

The one I have is translated by Afkham Darbandi. I'm pretty satisfied with it. Though it's just a standard "Penguin Classic" edition.

>why did you leave
why are you looking for religion?

This is reasonable. I think people should dig around on their own to find which religion or spiritual philosophy they're most comfortable with. I looked into a couple occult religions like Thelema and Wicca before deciding to move to Islam. If I hadn't read (and continued to read) the esoteric traditions of other peoples I'd definitely have a much poorer understanding of God and spirituality.

That's what I did whilst a Muslim and after leaving.

Advaita Vedanta is the best thing I have encountered after having looked at all the religious traditions

You infidel piece of shit.

Hehe

Waging your holy war against the kuffar, are we al-Baghdadi?

"In the name of Allah, the compassionate, the Digital"

and

"We See Things Differently"

by bruce sterling

Inshallah brother, fucked any goat today?

What made you come to that conclusion, if you feel like sharing

>None of it is must read if you didn't grow up in the culture it has very little significance to you
I think most people could benefit from reading about different cultures esp. if they haven't been exposed to them irl. Why do you say it has no value to others?
T. ex-muslim who studied for 3 years in a madrassa

Hadith, fiqh, usul, most tafsirs are incredibly boring and don't offer anything in the way of mental stimulation which is what most westerners are looking for in reading. Reading hundreds of pages about how to correctly wipe your ass and pay zakah on goats... No one would care about that unless they believed their eternals soul counted on it.

Well there are many things that cause doubt if you don't totally shut off your mind when you are reading or listening to Islamic lectures, like all these 'true' stories about some representative of a rival religion coming to Muhammad and saying he is the prophecied last prophet in their books. No references are even mentioned though. Or the stories in the quran which often are merely garbled versions of things found in the bible, Jewish and christian folktales or just stories that were orally popular at mohammads time. One that comes to mind is the one in Al baqarah about a dead guy being brought back to life by being struck by a piece of meat from a slaughtered cow, or dhul qarnayn which is clearly based on qisas dhul qarnayn, the Arabic Alexander romance legends about Alexander the great.

Attached: image_19.jpg (1620x2260, 741K)

Attached: 792518.jpg (318x458, 36K)

Anarchist's cookbook

Your post is original and funny