*destroys your will to live*

*destroys your will to live*

Attached: hemingway.jpg (1199x1500, 266K)

The world is a beautiful place and worth fighting for.

Will to live is Death.

what should i read

what will to live

I agree with the second part.

wow edgy

>Beautiful
Fine
>Worth fighting for
Worth the fighting for
>.
And I'm very sad to leave it.

I never understood why people exclude the "the." This isn't some vague sentiment. Robert Jordan is saying that the specific fighting he did was worth it -- necessary despite it costing him his life. I think "fine" versus "beautiful" is an important distinction, too. "Fine" implies craftsmanship, something to be used and maintained. "Beautiful" is more likely something to be passively enjoyed. Robert is not a connoisseur of life, he is a man fully invested in his world. Shades of Nietzsche, really:
>Invest in this world, not some imagined one.
>Time to die? Well then I wish to do it all one more time again.

It's from the ending of Seven lol

Just finish Le old man and the sea, love it. What should i read next?

More like my will to read american "literature"

this

exactly

The Sun Also Rises

Faulkner

somebody needs to abridge The Sun Also Rises
but then you can't because there is no plot
so you'd just be cutting out hundreds of meaningless interactions and keeping hundreds more.

fuck off fag

What a hilarious, original, simply epic hot take, user!

I'm nearly done with A Farewell to Arms, I can't be the only one disappointed with Hemmingway's prose, yes? My only experience with him is For Whom the Bells Toll but I was expecting some Faulkner style prose in his writings.

Hemingway made me want to live more desu

can you live for me too pls

because it's a beautiful thing and one that goes with all human sentiment and certainly one hemingway believed in.

I mean, I've read hemingway before and while the book was sad, it wasnt depressing or even half bad