Veeky Forums novel collaboration

yall' wanna write a fantasy adventure this time?

Attached: hypersphere.png (368x531, 308K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1uetk-0lVDP23Pb3lhOqQ9rz4f8bFQaUMUUX5vgGo8y0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1n9OB6Cbs60dkGtbgGvEJIMWRleU0RJBDdFathnbKwjk/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1_GYxtyvwUUghMrUR9PZLEXTAwNBItMe2LQ3n1DENoHk/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1n9OB6Cbs60dkGtbgGvEJIMWRleU0RJBDdFathnbKwjk
docs.google.com/document/d/1xryu0eX2TcLTafLcWo25wdNaUQ2zY_BMSGvEDvLZ4Ks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We need:

>a title
>a setting (it's fucking medieval high fantasy)

>the main characters name
>the sidekick's name
>the other friend's name
>the nemesis's name
>the romantic interest's of the main character's name

>a way to coherently write a story being told by hundreds of Veeky Forums posters that centers around the same group of main characters

Perhaps a few dedicated Veeky Forums contributors could write the main dialogue while everyone else writes the side characters? If one of the main contributors dissapears we can just kill him off in the story.

Attached: 1521152220406.jpg (800x965, 189K)

>a title
Hypertronic Orgasm Death Experience

>a setting
france during medieval times I guess

>the main character's name
Steve Deadlust

That's all I got for the moment.

>a setting
I agree with Medieval France

Harry Mc'Nugget

Lisa Konswallow

>the nemesis's name
The Duke. No actual name given.

Harold Bloom

mc:. Cockford Ollie

>Harold Bloom
Too obvious. Main character should be a high-fantasy bard who goes around playing/humming many-voiced canons. Name him Barold Humm or smth.

>a way to coherently write a story being told by hundreds of Veeky Forums posters that centers around the same group of main characters
Just make it episodic à la Don Quixote and Cowboy Bebop.

>Main Character's name
Robert Dildeaux (Robert pronounced "ROW-BEAR")

>Don Quixote
Gave me an idea for a story of a guy fighting imaginative dragon of post-feudal chaos.

Make it a Zizekian Commiexote fighting the spectre of capitalism and you got yourself a deal.

What ever happened to last year's project to do a book based on an user dying and then being judged by a Pantheon of Veeky Forums authors (I recommended Diogenes be one of the judges, but then didn't actually do anything to help past that)?

>sidekick
A talking donkey angel named Lightning that provides comedic relief and spiritual guidance

It's too soon to do another book. I just got the last one in the mail a couple of days ago.

Let's write greek philosophy:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uetk-0lVDP23Pb3lhOqQ9rz4f8bFQaUMUUX5vgGo8y0/edit?usp=sharing

>>a way to coherently write a story being told by hundreds of Veeky Forums posters that centers around the same group of main characters

Simple.
Make a google doc, anyone can write what they want, no font changes, no erasing anyone else's material. It'll be "POST-MODERN"

This is exactly what we need to avoid. I want the story to make sense.

>Don Quixote
>The story follows the adventures of a noble (hidalgo) named Alonso Quixano who reads so many chivalric romances that he loses his sanity and decides to set out to revive chivalry, undo wrongs, and bring justice to the world, under the name Don Quixote de la Mancha. He recruits a simple farmer, Sancho Panza, as his squire, who often employs a unique, earthy wit in dealing with Don Quixote's rhetorical orations on antiquated knighthood. Don Quixote, in the first part of the book, does not see the world for what it is and prefers to imagine that he is living out a knightly story. Throughout the novel, Cervantes uses such literary techniques as realism, metatheatre, and intertextuality.

I like this.
So each user writes a short chapter then we string it together in the most logical fashion possible?

Did you just look up Don Quixote on Wikipedia? lmaoing @ ur life
But yes, basically. I wouldn't even worry about them being logically connected at all as long as they're self-contained.

Fuck that, we just need to pay lipservice to a plot and have people write whatever they want. The lead is basically reduced to a reappearing character

Also it needs to be Christian Fiction

Attached: 1506361264247.png (800x800, 129K)

The story should centre around a legendary hero of folklore who did great chivalrous & godly deeds 10 years ago. Veeky Forums writers are various peasants, artisans, and noblemen who are trying to make an account of this great character and tell stories about who he was and who he did. There would be lots of hilarious conflictations, and it would be up to the reader to decide who is accurate.

>The story should centre around a legendary hero of folklore who did great chivalrous & godly deeds 10 years ago. Veeky Forums writers are various peasants, artisans, and noblemen who are trying to make an account of this great character and tell stories about who he was and who he did. There would be lots of hilarious conflictations, and it would be up to the reader to decide who is accurate.
Well, lets stop fucking talking about it and start doing it. Does google let you make throw away accounts?

Attached: 1506884070413.jpg (599x777, 134K)

FUCK this is a good idea.

I don't think so, you need to give them a phone number. I think you can make a throwaway email tied to an existing account though. I don't know how much anonymity that grants.

We need a name, I would say Ezra Pound

I did most of the structuring in the last time someone posted a google doc to fill, and it’s pretty clear that you just need to leave spaces for people’s writing to go, and they’ll tolerate anything. Someone make a doc to spitball in.

Very nice

This is exactly what we need. As long as we have a few autists fitting things together, you can retool almost anything to anything else.

Why not The X Tales? Where we replace Canterbury with a random city.

Alright you niggers, here's the doc
docs.google.com/document/d/1n9OB6Cbs60dkGtbgGvEJIMWRleU0RJBDdFathnbKwjk/edit?usp=sharing

Lets just work through this as we write shit

Attached: Christ 4.jpg (702x960, 200K)

The Benis Tales, centered around the small village of Benis, Iran.

We need some generally agreed upon plot points first: ideas:

1. There is corruption and degeneracy in France
2. 'The Duke' is evil and is set to marry the beautiful lady Lisa Konswallow
3. The church in the duchy is full of heretics molesting the altar boys and sleeping with whores
4. A mysterious vigilante knight begins to end the degeneracy
5. The king dies in a jousting tournament
6. In the chaos, a battle is fought between the the Duke and the hero's army of peasants, whom the hero has earned respect from for his various deeds
7. The mysterious hero vanishes with Konswallow, his love

Someone give me a name for the hero

Just start writing, we dont need to plan. We take this step by step

Ok thanks for making the doc. Just make sure it's non-erasable so people can't delete shit

A title;
The Pale Knight.
A setting;
Romania, during Draculas reign.
Main Character;
Brunwik of Elodin. (A knight)
Sidekick;
Rodin (stable boy)
Other friend;
Ezelias (Brunwiks childhood friend; a scholar in Elodin)
Nemesis;
Bastilar. (Necromancer residing in Drac's old castle in the mountains)
Romantic Interest;
Larissa. (Singer/Bar Maid)

Write the story about the arrival of Bastilar and how word of his terrible deeds had spread across the land, all the way to Elodin.
Good Sir Brunwik and his small fellowship set out to stop the madman and bring safety to the masses.
Skip ahead several months and like another user said, have the knights story told from the perspective of people who met him on his quest to the castle. Piece together the story from these insights and snippets.

Imo the only thing that should be changed are the '___' name slots and insert the mc.

NO!
We're going to do this RIGHT
The Hero is Digenes Akritas, the Two Blood Border Lord, hero of the Byzantine Empire, slayer of the Mohammedans, after he gets a revelation from Sariel to travel the world in search of paradise.

The world is going to be based in Duzean, Ibadi, and Angel Worshiping Islam

Attached: 6968e03914e2b62051c55208a690d9cf050bc31f713dcea65560b89391066020.jpg (398x599, 67K)

Chapter one: Stories from the Inn. Exposition arc that shows he Hero's deviancies. This can also be the fatal flaw of our character. He's too sexual, probably ends up banging the wrong people, I'm getting a Barry Lyndon vibe.

Fuck you. You dont own the fuckin story.
Brunwik would fuckin kick Digenes bitch ass.

its too gay of a name to ever be worth anyhing you BUTT

Actually, all the different locations and times and actions that take place works to our benefit, like its a piece of oral tradition

yes

It works well for the folklore style I think, the impossibility of him, for example, being in Antioch one week and Gibraltar the next helps us sell it.

Did you call me a butt?!
Wtf?
Whatever dude, we're here to collaborate.

What name are we using?

Someone review The Geyser.

Luceafărul

Attached: Rj1TuTWCSPav8VHNAJ-bRA.png (588x410, 7K)

Interesting use of colour.

Bump, doc at docs.google.com/document/d/1n9OB6Cbs60dkGtbgGvEJIMWRleU0RJBDdFathnbKwjk/edit?usp=sharing

this lasted long

I'll be back tomorrow. Please don't die.

Fuck You Oliver

Some idiot keeps ruining the doc trying to promote his shitty soundcloud. Nice try but someone always has to ruin everything.

docs.google.com/document/d/1_GYxtyvwUUghMrUR9PZLEXTAwNBItMe2LQ3n1DENoHk/edit?usp=sharing docs.google.com/document/d/1_GYxtyvwUUghMrUR9PZLEXTAwNBItMe2LQ3n1DENoHk/edit?usp=sharing

New doc, hopefully no Oliver

Guys im mowgli/Oliver THIS IS NOT ME DOING THIS. I swear to Christ I didn't know this was happening till someone told me in /mu/. Is there anyway you guys can see who is editing it? I have an idea of who it could be but I'm not sure. I'm really sorry this is happening if there's anything I can do to help tell me.

It’s an anonymous doc, so no. The new doc is comments only, so it works as a backup and we recovered what we had. It should be all good.

Fuck guys I'm so sorry this happened im 99% sure it's my sociopathic ex trying to fuck my rep.

We’re back in
docs.google.com/document/d/1n9OB6Cbs60dkGtbgGvEJIMWRleU0RJBDdFathnbKwjk because the shitposter is gone. You can use history to recover the document if they return.

If this is the best thing they can do, that’s pretty sad desu. We’re not even the sort of board to raid anywhere.

they've also been posting in the same soundcloud threads pretending to be me and shitting on other people's music. it's just fucking annoying to have to clean up this mess afterwards.

We’re back in
docs.google.com/document/d/1n9OB6Cbs60dkGtbgGvEJIMWRleU0RJBDdFathnbKwjk because the shitposter is gone. You can use history to recover the document if they return.

If this is the best thing they can do, that’s pretty sad desu. We’re not even the sort of board to raid anywhere.

>title
the last intercessor
>setting
modernpunk
>main character's name
eustace von hammerfelt
>sidekick's name
Avarthiel Bass
>nemesis name
rainfaul emuhslay
>romanc's love interst
Avarthiel Bass

snakes on a plane with a microwave that has a snake setting.

is google docs really the best system?

'A Father's Story' and 'Niggers!' has been completed. That's enough for one day from me.

Attached: Pampflet.png (495x626, 102K)

that's some good shit right there user

I like P. Rotag for our hero. Maybe Percival or something.

poetry

Terrible. Let's have some quality contributions instead

Quality

>Veeky Forums redditor makes nigger joke
holy shit this is groundbreaking

you're all plebs that ignored my amazing idea

>a title
Pussy Ass Bitch
>a setting (it's fucking medieval high fantasy)
dicks sporting goods, specifically the outdoor section
Cunt
>the sidekick's name
The Laplander
>the other friend's name
Ned
>the nemesis's name
A mispriced carhartt jacket that was supposed to be on sale
a wild deer that some how found its way to layaway section

There's other online communal accessible writing sites, but docs is the only one I trust to save anything once I close out

what happened to the bugs one we did last year? anyone got a link to the finished ?

No idea, the most recent one I have a link to is docs.google.com/document/d/1xryu0eX2TcLTafLcWo25wdNaUQ2zY_BMSGvEDvLZ4Ks

That’s actually pretty good.

Barold Humm is brilliant. Do this one please
Like a Don Quixote focuse only on the cannon and spreading uts influence

>a title
Jackin' the Beanstalk

>A setting
L O N D O N

>MC name
Yousuf Bloomsburry

>Sidekick name
Velkro "the bull" Hothenbourough

>nemesis
Jack White

>Thot name
Maria de La Rosa (spanish thot for inclusion)

Attached: sponge.png (480x368, 166K)

I like how some storues are introduced by a recollection of where and how they were found. I think this ought to be the way all stories go.

so which is the real doc?

docs.google.com/document/d/1n9OB6Cbs60dkGtbgGvEJIMWRleU0RJBDdFathnbKwjk i believe.

The final edit should put everything in verse. We'd be the first ones to make a collaborative online epic poem.

I agree on principle but I think that’d be best suited for a different story.
Maybe the very first one

what if we structure it like a conan anthology. every Veeky Forums poster uses the same characters to write short stories, and they can play around with when it takes place throughout their lives and then an edit user can piece it together chronologically?

is it that same fuck who ruined Veeky Forums player one (formerly chuck's) ?

I thought it was turtles all the way down

Was also called Ulysses II
We had like four or five different titles.
I still have a copy saved, should we try bringing it back to finish it after we're done with The Location based Tales? would it generate enough interest or is it dead and I should just publish it?

Attached: better 1.png (523x519, 34K)

If we put either on amazon, just combine them into one book

i'm going to put it up now. Do i just create an account called anonymous?

Call it whatever you want, I named mine something stupid I think

should we post the book under copywrite or public domain?

nigga, its publicly written, of course its public domain

But whos getting the big bucks?

No. Too soon. Wait 9 months.

i'm starting a thread for this where i'll also share a link to a google doc with the full thing so we aren't shitting up this project. We'll work out the last details there.

do what the other books do, they cost just enough to cover the print costs, otherwise free on kindle

but nigga we have 20 pages, calm down. Focus on content first

wont work guy, Im telling ya, either put it on amazon yourself or just package it with whatever comes out of this

I was a young Kekistani boy of fifteen years when my life changed forever. In those times, young men such as myself spent the last fall days in the field, harvesting the memes. Tall, tanned and strong, we toiled the hours away in hopes that the final crop would be sufficient to help us through the harsh winters. Scythe in hand, I tended my acre with skills honed over the years. My muscles grew strong, the flab of baby fat burning away under the hot summer sun to be sculpted into the body of man. For want of life beyond the acre I had no desire. When I was hungry I ate. When the sun dipped too far below the amber horizon of the rolling hills, I helfted my trusted scythe and followed the others back to the village. Id been told my whole life that the world outside the acres was a grotesqery, that only waste and horror could exist beyond the hills. Believe me, when I say that I believed them all until the day came for my exodus from all that I knew.

Attached: 118D241A-09D8-43D5-9D02-9578CE775754.jpg (816x891, 178K)

The doc is docs.google.com/document/d/1n9OB6Cbs60dkGtbgGvEJIMWRleU0RJBDdFathnbKwjk/edit?usp=sharing

Bump for necromancy

Attached: image.jpg (618x412, 287K)

someone r8 my story, i need y'all's feedback to tweak it so it's neither too easy to get nor too hard