WRITE WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND THREAD

WRITE WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND THREAD

KEEP IT Veeky Forums RELATED EDITION

Attached: DYIKQuKV4AAqIVm.jpg (1200x800, 105K)

>KEEP IT Veeky Forums RELATED EDITION
But these threads are usually for non Veeky Forums related thoughts

God fucking dammit. This fucking girl. I don't know what to do with her, it's like walking on a razor.

There's not a single person alive I'm honest with. I don't know how much longer I can continue to pretend to be him. I'm not who everyone thinks he is, and I'm tormented by the guilt and shame of it.

Please leave me alone.

It's just a post, you don't actually have to listen to what it says.

>It's another long user moans about a girl post
Trite, but it's the first time I'll have fully confessed this to anyone, anonymous or not. I just want to move on..

>be first year uni student
>incredibly alone and alienated, can't manage to make friends
>really angry and upset because I was just starting to have a real social group in high school, now I'm back to perma-alone mode
>going to drop out or kill myself before the end of the semester
>meet girl one weekend in a cafe, actually start a conversation somehow
>we really hit it off, talk, laugh, for a good while
>she's cute as fuck and we share some interests and enjoy similar humor
>exchange numbers before we leave
>she goes to uni a couple towns away, so we don't see each other much during the rest of the year
>text each other constantly though, it's what I look forward to most every day
>summer break comes, summon the courage to stop being autistic and make a move
>almost immediately before I do she mentions she has a boyfriend
>so upset I don't sleep for three days, on the verge of suicide
>____ myself and decide to fight for her
>spend a bunch more time with her over the summer, think I'm actually drawing her in
>but at the same time, realize she's not as great as I thought
>not as smart as I thought, not as inspired, really pretty basic
>the perfect girl I loved, the one I texted all day and joked about dosto with, doesn't exist
>no one can compare to this fantasy I created
>begin to plumb new depths of sadness with this realization
>girl and I are still nominally friends, but we haven't talked in months
>right back to being alone and alienated
>I'm like Gatsby but no one was kind enough to shoot me

How much of an idiot am I Veeky Forums?

Attached: 5bf78c806b6a2c76.jpg (484x497, 35K)

download tinder, focus all day on other things.

Find some nerds who can help make a dating app for Veeky Forums fans/students

I’m trying to structure the plot of a tragedy using the advices of Robert McKee’s “Story” (his book is indeed very good, in spite of all those people who says that he is good and keep using that stupid word, “guru”), but is extremely hard.

I would love to sculpt a plot with clockwork-entrails and diamond-skeleton, but I’m having a hard time.

college
army
wagie
suicide

time to spin the wheel

Attached: 1521399279256.png (253x243, 6K)

O ye who are weary and carrying a heavy burden, come to me, and I shall give you rest.

go a doctor

Stop pretending to be someone you're not.

Why is empathy considered a good thing, but "self-empathy" is equated to self-pity?

I wish to write a poem, and not be ill
But sandpaper crackles in my dry pipes,
Unceasing stiffness holds my joints, and fills
My back with aching cotton as I type.

I hope this clears up before I leave for NYC

>but "self-empathy" is equated to self-pity?
Define self-empathy, my friend. It's a question of degree and scale.

This makes me wonder why empathy is only mentioned when talking about people in disadvantageous positions. You'll never hear anyone say "Wow, I really empathize with that guy who just won 200 million."

Already did a while back, he prescribed me some albuterol sulfate cause my chest was killing me.

I don't know how to be myself because I'd assume that would mean pushing everyone away. I have to think everything I say before saying it, to the point where I'm left saying very little.

Having someone I can me completely honest with is all I want. I want to reveal my deepest, darkest truths and know they won't flinch, because I feel as if those truths are too much of an intrinsic part of who I am to ignore.

Empathy =/= pity.

You can't empathize with someone when you haven't experienced what they have. It has nothing to do with the situation; I can see someone falling for someone, and empathize with them because I understand the joy and the inevitable, soon to be seen, despair and anguish that will follow of finding someone new for the first time.

>Having someone I can me completely honest with is all I want. I want to reveal my deepest, darkest truths and know they won't flinch, because I feel as if those truths are too much of an intrinsic part of who I am to ignore.
You can meet such a person, for I have such a person in my life (my gf) and I am not particularly special in any way.

Most people don't really consider empathy a good thing, they consider "empathy towards good people" a good thing. Consider people who commit horrific crimes. A truly empathetic person would understand that despite what they've done, they're still a person and deserve all the things that personhood entails. But this is not how people act, they'll call for the criminal to be horrifically tortured, maimed, executed, etc. Going against this, not denying the criminal his personhood, is met with shock and anger by the mob who are more interested in revenge than justice or forgiveness.

what are your plans in nyc?

the problem here I think is that you're sad because you're lonely, and then when you make a friend, you mess it up for yourself because it's not enough to be just friends, you somehow need her to be your girlfriend, even though by your own admission you didn't know her that well. most good relationships develop from friendships or though friendships. focus on that and you'll be both happier and more likely to get a girl I say

t. has a 5 year relationship w/ a girl i was best friends with for 2 years before

gl user

I would be your friend, user.

How many guys did she fuck in that time?

Meh, been there done that.

Why is it so easy for me to spend 5 hours straight reading dozens and dozens of wikipedia articles but it takes me 2 months to finish a book?

amazing response, really gives away your insecurities since there was nothing in my post to suggest that, btw A: none, deflowered her

Good for you, user.

You're not reading those articles, you're skimming them. It's just an amalgamation of short blurbs and excerpts that you faintly remember and are easy to digest whereas reading takes time, patience, and comprehension.

>Why is it so easy for me to spend 5 hours doing something which requires very little energy but it takes me 2 months to finish something I have to commit to?

>btw A: none, deflowered her

You were good until you felt the need to prove the other user wrong. I'll have to deduct points for this one mate.

Shuttle between Brooklyn Heights and Long Island, because I have friends in both places. Watch my hometown's university basketball team get its ass thrashed by Duke on Friday night at some sports bar in Brooklyn. Drink probably too much. I'm staying in a house occupied by eight women, so peradventure sex, but that's probably beyond my ken unless I'm completely well before I drive down.

Honestly I don't have any concrete plans other than to drink and reconnect with friends. I haven't spent a full weekend in the city since high school so I'll probably end up doing whatever my friends recommend I ought to do. I might go to the Strand

Wrong board

I want to holocaust every whiny virgin neet manchild. They're stupid, obnoxious, they poison every corner of the internet with their stupidity and more often then not have an inflated sense of worth despite being literal untermenschen who are to afraid to to have even the most basic social interaction. They need to be killed en masse.

>Can you remember what it's like to be inside your mother's womb? I can. I go there when I want to relax.

even though the show was mediocre i really like this line for some reason

>You can't empathize with someone when you haven't experienced what they have

Are you 4 real, son?

ah shucks, i needed them points too

Because in that case we talk about envy (he's so lucky!), which itself stems from empathy.

Knowing that being shot hurts, and knowing what it feels like to be shot are two completely different things senpai.

t. buttflustered wagie

Attached: neets.jpg (1437x908, 167K)

>want to have other anons help me with my poem online
>afraid someone will improve it and take it as their own

Attached: 1511461368638.png (300x250, 35K)

Oh, and I need help finding a quote. Don't know who said it or why, but it was about how life stops being a prison when a person realizes they have the key.

not likely, post it

if someone someone does steal it then at least you'll be sure someone thinks its good enough to steal

related to lit, i've figured out im kinda, terrible.

Like I have hundreds of stories, a few I'd really like to turn into books and some i'd really like to eventually become manga/comics but I can't write for myself. I require feedback and attention and critique.

I'm not even sure how someone creates in a vacuum. Like youtube people for example, its all "love it" "good" "i like this" or "kil yourself" "u suck". How do you make something when that type of feedback is what you're getting?

Let alone no feedback.

Have you been in school outside of the city? Are you an aspiring writer?

>user bro, just post it. No one's going to steal it.

Attached: tumblr_o7poil23dz1utapkmo1_500.jpg (472x314, 30K)

>actually thinking anyone on this meme board has written anything worth stealing, let alone poetry, a monetarily dead medium that consistently attracts creative neophytes since it barely requires any time or effort to create a 'finished' piece

hope no-one thinks that cus that'd be rather niave

Nah, dropped out of university because of drugs, now I work two shitty jobs and live with my parents. I'm saving to move out ASAP. I write in my free time but I don't expect to actually publish any of it, but if I somehow get enough together to submit as a book to a publisher, and it gets accepted, I will be happy. In all likelihood it won't happen, I'm probably Dunning-Kruger'd as fuck when it comes to my writing. I've never lived in the city, I just haven't been there in a few years.

The main reason I'm going down there is because I'm desperately trying to maintain contact with my friends from high school, all but one have moved away and it's starting to get lonely.

>since it barely requires any time or effort to create a 'finished' piece

correct

Attached: 1507519502566.jpg (570x487, 45K)

Is 'he' tormented by the guilt and shame of it too, user? Bravo on the Maugham allusion and for giving what OP asked. Personally I dreamed that my gf gave birth to twin girls- I didn't know what to think- but I was being ushered to a door that opened and in an almost blinding white light I saw her face beaming up at me in supreme happiness and raising her arms beckoning me to her bedside in tears and.. ... of course I am supremely embarrassed to have to report this (dreamt this afternoon, I work nights) if in a very different way than yours. The twins names were Wren and Rose. That's the gist- interpretation?

Thanks user, that's some much needed perspective.

I'm not btw

write without feedback, who gives a shit what other people think,

write something, wait a day or too, if you dont like it, its shit, fix errors, repeat

No, he would be tormented by the everyday trivialities of life one would expect a young man. He's not who I wish I was, but simply the person easiest to be.

I think you'd enjoy having a family with your gf, and that maybe it's something you long for deep down, even if this is something you already know. I'd love to a kid, even though whenever I day dream of raising a son, I never see a woman in the picture. It's just me and him, hand in hand.

because it feels pointless to write without someone reading it.

its just putting a story or world i already have in my head into words, often not easily either.

I don't feel the purpose in writing for just me. I need others to read it to feel, idk, a point.

So I'm kinda terrible, not because I can't write, but that I need an active, i don't know, fanbase? to write and have purpose to it.

oh, I was wondering because I live in new york and was wondering if we would be great writing partners

'you write for yourself and for strangers [mostly after you die]' or so says gertrude stein, if it helps, user an on and on and on

>most good relationships develop from friendships
Is this true? How is this different from the friend-zone? Mutual attraction?

Well shit man, what do you write? I only live like four hours from the city and I enjoy driving.

It's bullshit. There is no rule.

Trying to write a poetic novel, a bit of everything, philosophy, politics, etc. What about you, what are your literary interests (what are some of your fav books)? How much have you written? Have you ever planned to or written a novella or novel? What are your jobs?

I want you to be honest with me. Not like this. The type of honesty you regret. I just want to keep pushing until you show me who you are.

no, as says, there's no rule. friend-zone really means they're not attracted to you, but people can be not attracted to others but still want to be friends with them (and its possible they become attracted to that person later when they know them better). all i'm saying is that if you have friends and are generally social, then you're in the optimal conditions to start relationships. no girl wants to go out with someone with no friends: it's dull, it's concerning, and it quickly leads to one-way dependence, which is not attractive at all

I've fallen in love with my professor. She's a totally qt. But I don't know if I stand a chance.

Today, while leaving a cafe, I bumped into two girls at the door. They were leaving too. One held the door open to help me have an easier exit. It actually felt really good. I don't remember the last time I felt like that. Are people really that rarely kind to me that a simple gesture makes me feel like that? What the fuck.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how fucking depressed am I?

>fallen in love
>with someone you don't even know

a likely story...

>Trying to write a poetic novel, a bit of everything, philosophy, politics, etc.
As in a verse novel or a novel that incorporates poetry?

I've been writing sonnets every day for the past week, the form comes easier to me than other things, probably because I'm borderline autistic and need rigid rules in order to write. I'm hoping I can keep this up for a while. I also write essays when I think I can get one out before losing interest. I have never tried to write a novel and I don't plan on doing it any time soon. My favorite novel at the moment is Tristram Shandy. You?

pretty depressed, didja smile at her?

Not every corner. I'm sure it'll be safer for you on Reddit.

I talk to her 1-on-1 for 2-4 hours a week though

yes sorry I didnt mean verse novel, just attempting to write narrative with a desire to not have it be dull, lifeless, bland, but full of poetic, flowery flourish.

Thats cool you have been writing sonnets. What are some of the topics of your essays? I like the standard books that appear in top 40 lit lists, most recently from my library book sale I got: The Divine Comedy, 3 Sophocles Plays, Vol 1. Plato Works, Canterbury Tales, The Iliad.

Email me if you want, we can discuss writing at your leisure and maybe you could give me your thoughts on some of my writing and maybe help me improve it: [email protected]

am i yet to finish reading Edith Hamiliton´s Mythology, 100 pages left

what the fuck, I was just about to post almost this exact sentence. I have about 90 pages left.

the goddess works in mysterious ways

Attached: eris_of_the_month-20170519-eris_pepe.jpg (640x675, 109K)

I'm rooting for you user :). I also left school after the first year, but I'm going back in the fall after working through some shit. If you can, maybe taking some pressure off and focusing on yourself will be very beneficial as it was to me. Learning to be on my own has allowed me to grow as my own person without feeling the need for companionship. Good luck out there

Attached: 1521574982876.jpg (653x490, 95K)

a haiku

women may fuck me
but if actions speak louder
then I'd not know love

Attached: 1520791541883.png (554x439, 111K)

>says she has a bf

chicks that legit like u never mention they have a bf because theyre testing the waters with u to see if its an upgrade, then if ur better than current bf they quietly dump him like nothing happened

wow, pretty depressing, user. sorry women hurt so much. i have one hurting me now too. it sucks.

>talking to girl rn
>feel like she has a bf, but she never has mentioned anyone
>the only mention of a relationship was a breakup, and how she mentioned that her first boyfriend just asked her out and she said yes after talking for a while

Based on your post, is this a sign from God?

sounds like she was just using u to make her old bf jelly, chicks always do that when u diss them or just straight up lose interest, they start parading around with some other fag, and if u still got feelings itll hurt and youll try to get back with her, but if ur a tru gee u'll just be like "we don't love them hos"

thanks Snoop Dogg

yo did u see that album of gospel songs snoop just released? lol

i forgot how good pic related felt

Attached: bb.jpg (500x280, 28K)

I don't actually enjoying reading, but I keep at it because it makes my parents happy.

made it all this way but im never going to get a 'prestigious' job because i just dont have the drive

another fucking storm, this bullshit, i love the smug feeling living in the northeast gives me, but god damn it im sick of this shitty weather

yo if u can go like 2 or 3 days without talking at all like not even a "no i dont have a store card" when u buy something, its so rad your mind opens up and u can concentrate so deep

Three months from the third year...

What are you, like 6 years old?

I wonder how many books have been lost due to totalitarian regimes

if a girl has any social media she likely has anywhere from 7 to 25 to 50 potential candidate men/cards that she is judging and testing and weighing

>he hasn't even isolated himself in the wildness while reading 8+ hours a day

One time I talked for weeks with this lovely girl from college. She was the same age as me (well she still is), about 20 at the time. I thought I was the only guy she was talking to. Oh how naive I was. One day she randomly mentioned that she was going to Iceland soon, I said oh cool, with your family? Nope, with some 37 year old guy who was talking to her at the same time as me. Gee, who woulda thought, a 20 year old college student can't compete financially with some old fucking balding piece of shit. I blocked her from everything and never spoke to her again.

just because some old sugar daddy betabuxer is taking her on vacation doesnt mean u cant smash, stop being so sentimental

This guy is right you could've cucked the shit out of that old faggoli. He could have bankrolled your dates with her without even knowing it. You could've been the cream puff takin' his money.

How do I make this character not such a wimpy bitch

>half-chinese girl living in the british empire who has given up because resistance is futile

I was thinking maybe rather than high-strung and anxious she just acts exhausted, sarcastic and depressed

Unworthy of such praise, friend.

make her meet some weird guy who talks her into becoming a dominatrix, shy girl learning to be a dominatrix whipping 55 year old british gents and stuff 'oh me bollocks', and name a chapter '51 shades of yellow'

kek.

but in all seriousness I just want to make her bearable

I was serious... if you dont do this your book will suck, and if you do it may become a best seller.

whas her deal, does she have any family? what year is it? how old is she? is she looking for a job or has a job? textile worker? fish market? geisha? casino? restaurant? who are the other characters? is she main character? what is she seeking? how did she get there? What has she given up? Sounds like she is just immature? What is she seeking in life? how many friends oes she have? does she seek friends? close with parents? How well off monetarily? seeking love interest?

The story is about an american boy who winds up apprenticed to a famous chinese chef who wound up a noted political dissenter and activist when he was younger. This chef, the girl's grandfather, is now an old man and is returning to china to see his homeland again before he dies and assure that his westernized grandaughter knows what he fought for

Throughout the journey the boy and girl see the atrocities of the colonies with the boy recklessly trying to do what's right and the girl trying to take the safer path but growing increasingly dissatisfied with her own failure to stand up for herself

I'll say this. Parental love kicks romantic love's ass. The heart becomes the figure or rather the abstraction it is when compared to the love in your guts, which is what parental love- and true care and concern (for another)- is. Hope that somehow it works out for (you), and for all involved.

I'm happy when e everyone around me is sad

I guess so, but it really turned me off and bummed me out at the time.

I work at a Goodwill and over the radio they play ads that talk about how Goodwill has helped people by giving them jobs. They all talk about how they've been given a "sense of purpose" just by having a menial retail job, and that they feel that they've "earned their keep." Is this the life? I never saw what I'm doing as anything to be happy about. Maybe I value leisure over labor. Maybe I'm a hedonist. Maybe I just need to find a better job.

What philosophical writings should I read to make sense of this feeling?