Bible

In my line of work I deal with both muslims and catholics, each representing about half of the whole workforce I interract with. I'm an atheist and a right wing extreme poltard online. ( in your terms, I know this board is left leaning )
Irl I give everyone a chance and I don't judge, I pretty much feel the need to talk with anybody I'm interracting with without prejudice.

I can understand arabic ( I had a few arab christian friends who played ygo when I was young ) and I overheard two muslims talking about me saying that its haram to make friendship with kuffar and that they should be careful among other things.

This made me feel really, I mean really fucking shitty.
Is there any merit in reading the bible if you're a non-believer ?
I feel like I need to get in touch with my christian roots.

Attached: V&A_-_Raphael,_The_Miraculous_Draught_of_Fishes_(1515).jpg (1076x870, 184K)

It is not haram for Muslims to make friends with other God-fearing People of the Book. Don't know what the hadith say about atheists, though, if anything.
Anyway, the Bible is obviously an important book. Read it and supplement your reading with textual scholarship because you there are many things you won't pick up on your own.

People read Homer without being Hellenistic

This. and atheists on Veeky Forums meme that the Bible is their favorite book all the time

Read this in conjunction with the Holy Bible and thank me for your impending (re)conversion

Attached: thstfotw.jpg (400x600, 20K)

Girardfag pls go

Attached: girard.jpg (215x330, 51K)

Technically speaking Muslims should not take the Christians to be their friends.

Neo-Quranism is the best way to go here.

Why can't people harness the reigns of Christianity?

Be the fucking Seraph in this world. Make light in the pits of America.

Nice argument

not everyone who recommends girard is girardfag, you know.

>I overheard two muslims talking about me saying that its haram to make friendship with kuffar and that they should be careful among other things.
Why didn't you confront them you fucking beta?

I miss him

Attached: shineboxer.jpg (650x694, 37K)

Fuck off newfag

this, OP. Girard is fucking excellent. I will also recommend I See Satan Fall Like Lightning. and study the biblical meaning of Satan, or satanas, in Greek; it means accuser, blamer, scandalizer. very much a Girardian subject. the book says if your eye causes you to sin (to stumble, to scandalize) pluck it out. that is, satanic urges are normal and must be overcome.

i miss girardfag. my guess is he escaped the mortal plane and rejoined with the one in a puff of temporal-become-not.

Attached: baccano.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

>Fuck off newfag
Also not an argument.

>It is not haram for Muslims to make friends with other God-fearing People of the Book.
Yes it is you kuffar filth, literally in both the Quran and the Hadith not to make friends with Christians (obviously the anti-Jew part is sound.)

Girardfag never left.
I was watching this place fall slowly again to the mimetic mechanism. Each accusing the other, all-against-all becoming all-against-one. Scapegoating in every thread. Each veiling their violence in a refuge of lies.
Run back to your Nietzsche's and your Deleuze's. Choose Dionysius vs The Crucified.

You couldn't argue against Girard so you silenced him. You silenced him the same way the academy did. But the truth lives and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.

Attached: the man himself.jpg (1260x560, 57K)

bump

As for such [of the unbelievers] as do not fight against you on account of [your] faith, and neither drive you forth from your homelands, God does not forbid you to show them kindness and to behave towards them with full equity: for, verily, God loves those who act equitably. (Quran 60:8)

The 5:52 verse is referring to situations where doubting Muslims consider siding with the enemy in conflict. The existence of righteous Jews and Christians are referred to in surah 2, 3, 5, 7, and 49.

At points where Mohamed is literally at war with Christian and Jewish tribes, at a point in time when it’s necessary to establish the Islamic Empire (which pereserves Western Civilization, users in modern mathematics, etc.) the Quaran says to side with the Muslims and fight the Christians and the Jews. At other points it says that to treat them with kindness and act fairly, as points out.

What I’m more interested is Sikhs ban on eating food prepared by Muslims. They seem like a very righteous group of people, and are monotheistic, so it seems strange that God would want them specifically not eating food prepared by guidelines laid out for his followers in Islam. Only resonable explanation I can think of is to preserve cultural, economic, and ethnic diversity, though I’m curious to hear other interpretations.

>I know this board is left leaning
"no"

A more reasonable explanation is that God has nothing to do with it and the people who made up the religion decided that.

Why do you think every religion is from god when they are clearly man made.

>Technically speaking Muslims should not take the Christians to be their friends.
Why?

Because they are just different. Usually the people around me are technically Muslims, so it just ends up working out.