Who is the Stanley Kubrick of literature?

Who is the Stanley Kubrick of literature?

Attached: 500b9342838b7eeda113f4355bc4b74b.jpg (520x363, 31K)

Nabokov. And not because Kubrick adapted him.

Im looking for books with occult meaning, obscure and esoteric.

I mean McCarthy certainly has that in BM.

joyce

i read some user compare him music wise to pink floyd, which i think is accurate.
this one's acceptable. erudition and accessiblity

DeLillo

Kubrick was a hack. He made good movies but no seriously art.

>i read some user compare him music wise to pink floyd
dumb as fuck

first week on /tv/ huh

>i read some user compare him music wise to pink floyd, which i think is accurate.
Both of you deserve to be shot

Calvino

Who is the boiled eggs of short film lit?

Not obscure, but you might try László Krasznahorkai or Pierre Senges. Pascal Quignard is another good bet.

Borges.

Pynchon maybe. Similar generation. Kubrick made movies people liked (FMJ) but also stuff that was technically sophisticated by without a wide appeal (Barry Lyndon). Hm... so maybe John Green.

Attached: athletic.jpg (1069x1600, 128K)

gtfo Kubricks films are unparalleled in depth and greatness. Bet you didn't know 2001 is about Nietzsche's Zarathustra, yes because you refused to think about it

You are just a pleb. Kubrick hasn't once made a movie realistic character.

Real is good but interesting is better

>Kino
>Realistic
I bet you watch or read for the plot.

Different user. How about likening him to King Crimson?

>Kubrick hasn't once made a movie realistic character.
Can you expand on what you mean here? What does "movie realistic" mean? If you just mean "a character that is realistic" then id argue the contrary very much so. Do you honestly not see any of the characters of his movies as not convincing?
I'll only allow the admission of your claim under the circumstances that his characters become "unrealistic" when he embraces hyperbole (for example, Alex in A Clockwork Orange) but theres of course no reason this shouldn't be done and of course is a literary tool which should be utilized if the artist can use it effectively.
But i digress, what is a specific character which you would consider unrealistic? (Tho I haven't seen ALL his films, I've seen a good number)

Attached: tumblr_mwi2kffjoc1qbxf3bo2_1280.png (128x112, 26K)

>Do you honestly not see any of the characters of his movies as not convincing?
accidental double negative

I mean being able to relate to the characters as another human. He seems to care more about making an interesting movie than making something that captures human life.

This.

Both Joyce and Kubrick were perfectionists, both lived as expatriates in their later life, and both created works that received mixed critical reaction upon release but now are universally considered to be masterpieces

>gtfo Kubricks films are unparalleled in depth and greatness
I like Kubrick but there's no way he's "unparalleled in depth." Though he might be unparalleled in "number of overreaching autistic fan theories."

I agree with this user. he's a good director but jesus fuck stop wanking over how "deep" he is because he's pretty straightforward in most his films.

Pynchon, duh

Don DeLillo from Body Artist.

The couple of "Eyes wide shut". Especially the wife.

Kill yourself and stop posting here

kek, no pleb I've ever known who reads for plot reads realistic plot

Go on back to /tv/ with your middlebrow film

nice opinion where did you get it the toilet store?

Kubrick was the greatest filmaker of all time

That's a funny way to spell Tarkovskij

That's a funny way to spell Kurosawa

That's a funny way to spell Micheal Bay

That's a funny way to spell The_Bookchemist

The title of the music is literally "Thus Spoke Zarathustra".

Nigger.

Who is the Andrei Tarkovsky of literature?

Attached: quote-i-think-a-person-needs-to-learn-from-childhood-to-find-himself-alone-it-means-to-not-andrei-ta (850x400, 82K)

Thats a funny way to spell Better Than Food: Book Reviews hosted by Clifford Lee Sargent

Kubrick is good but he's baby first director and there's nothing wrong with that plus his fans seem to be rabid while knowing nothing about film beside what Imdb top 250 offers

that's a funny way to spell SEPTICdive.avi

Musil or some other boring as shit writer maybe Dostoevsky. What a hack

Why would someone want to capture human live exactly as it is? Boring.

Definately Nabokov, he was incrediably critical. His diaries are hilarious

>Did he seriously die not knowing he was a hack?

Who would be the David Fincher of literature?

Kubrick's career was made off of his terrible hack adaptation of this man's book.

Attached: burgess.jpg (2060x1236, 600K)

>he believes in the Rob Ager Kubrick
Kubrick was a master filmmaker but the amount of credit some people give him for a subtlety he never demonstrated is absurd. There is nothing occult, obscure, or esoteric about any of his movies save Eyes Wide Shut, which uses the occult as a metaphorical landscape for sexual politics.

No. Spartacus was first and won oscars.

Damn he got a flat ass head

Harry Potter

Difference is Joyce >>> Kubrick

yes everyone knows that but what about the more subtle aspects? what about what im talking about; the whole point of the movie? Can you explain how its represented without googling something?

2001 came out before Clockwork Orange, so no.

>Rob Ager
Who?
>There is nothing occult, obscure, or esoteric about any of his movies
Wrong, even Kubrick admitted to it.

Vonnegut