Women and non-whites

Can Veeky Forums recommend some literature that isn't by white men? I want to diversify my 2018 reading list. I am sure that oppressed groups have some good novel material. I read pic related last year and enjoyed it.

Attached: invisivel.jpg (181x278, 10K)

Where do you rank Irish on the white/non white scale?

I rank it as white.

but if you have a good recommendation of irish literature, I'm open to it. I don't think I'm smart enough to understand ulysses. I read a page or two and didn't really have any idea what I was reading.

Just read The Huffington Post or something if you're so obsessed with identetarian virtue signaling. Or better yet, watch some #woke prestige TV. I don't think literature is for you :)

Emily Penisinson

Ulysses
Anna Karenina
The Divine Comedy

It's totally just so I can say I've read it, but that's why every other pseud on this board reads anything anyway. At least I'm honest.

I don't really care for identity politics but pretty much every major bookstore I go in to has a 'black' or 'minority' section or showcase. It's probably better to go browse yourself than take the advice of Veeky Forums.

Start with the Greeks

maybe try out the japanese

I'm reading Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James at the moment (Jamaican/black) and it's pretty damn good. He's got a good rhythm and versatility on prose which switches between the Jamaican patois and American English depending on the characters. A wide cast of characters offering varying perspectives on what leads gradually into the same situation in a way not unlike Rashomon is pretty ambitious and it's clever how some character's chapters link into the central event at the focus of the book.

Plus, much of the book comes in the form of stream-of-consciousness monologues, sometimes it's dreamy or nightmarish, but it often feels intimate and revealing. The violence is genuinely devastating too, if shock value is something you find interesting Bam-Bam's death as he's buried alive and in his final moments reverts to the child he once was when with his father is fucking unsettling. Marlon James is a genuinely great writer, just maybe stay away from his social media if you're not into the whole SJW thing.

awesome, I'll check it out

I never read them but there is some turkish literature you might be interested in. Orhan Pamuk and Yasar Kemal books are supposedly worth reading.

come let us sing anyway by leone ross
was on "a good read" on radio 4 yesterday

Leonora Carrington, Virginia Woolf, Tove Jansson, Jane Austen, Toni Morrison (song of Solomon), Anais Nin, Camille Paglia

Conference of Birds, Epistle of Forgiveness, depending on how you view Latinos, there's a ton of top tier taco-lit

Don Quixote

Toni Morrison, especially if you wanna be a part of the hip literary crews these days.

really loved invisible man. I recommend Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe for a quick read. African author.

Karen Tei Yamashita - I Hotel
Kim Fu - For Today I am a Boy
Salman Rushdie - The Moor’s Last Sigh
Ishmael Reed - Mumbo Jumbo
Percival Everett - Suder
Zadie Smith - White Teeth
Monique Truong - Book of Salt
John Edgar Wideman - Hiding Place

forgot to say, studied postcolonial lit for my undergrad so if you need more recs i’ve got ten thousand of em

Second Mumbo Jumbo and Orhan Pamuk

For japs, Mishima and the Book of Five Rings

For chinks, all I'm familiar with is the Daodeching (take care to choose a good translation)

For womenz, Celia Green, Emily Dickinson, Wuthering Heights. Kafka and Lewis Caroll were basically women so you can go for them too. Don't read Morrison, she's the ultimate sap.

Ayn Rand is also worth a try, at least if you can process ideas with more than a high schooler's level of nuance (Veeky Forums cannot).

Who are the best black writers? I will not @ /pol/ responses

I need some of the best names of poets from Portuguese Speaking African Countries, especially Angola and Mozambique: could you give me some suggestions?

go back to /pol/

I really liked this

Attached: wha.jpg (286x450, 44K)

MY BOE OCTAVIO PAZ AND BORGES

hmmmm

have you ever looked at a picture of cervantes

or is your definition of white inspired by hitler’s?

PIMP

The Japanese are White

Attached: 1465934306764.jpg (744x690, 91K)

they’re very clearly mongoloids user, there’s not even any question even the Ainu have mongoloid cranial dimensions

ralph ellison
james baldwin
chinua achebe
toni morrison
alice munro
kathy acker

There are plenty of books by non white MEN that are good
Unfortunately women can’t write though

Fucking hate when people pick lit based off of identity politics (t. Liberal arts college Lit major). Guessing this is a /pol/ shitpost, but:

Women writers:
Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson
Virginia Woolf (Others can recommend more but I like "The Waves" most)
Cynthia Ozick (Essays. I haven't read her fiction)
Joan Didion (Essays)
Marina Tsvetaeva (IMO underrated outside of Russian lit people, but pretty good poet)

Non-White:
James Baldwin (Essays, though I've heard his fiction is quite good)
Woman in the Dunes by Kobo Abe

>white men
no need to specify, women are by definition not white

why would you even read ayn rand? she wasn’t just an incredibly bad thinker, she was also a terrible novelist

they call Slavs whiteniggers in west europe, so read Dostoevsky.
Murican rating of white and black lacks nuances. In Europe half of eastern - central populations is considered in the same way as are blacks and hispanic in USA.