Funniest philosopher?

Who do you think the *funniest* philosopher is?

My vote is for this guy.

Discuss.

Attached: cioran.jpg (1500x1010, 277K)

weininger

Lacan

Kierkegaard and Nietzsche induce a hearty chuckle now and then. Plato probably takes the cake though when it comes to jokes and name calling. Every other page someone has a fucking erection.

Schopenhauer having apoplectic fits of rage.

cioran, he gives me the idea of someone who would buy you pizza everyday as a father

Diogenes

Cioran is a great pick, I had a lot of fun reading Spinoza as well - the guy was good at making fun of superstitions in a very snide way. Apart from him, if you exclude contemporaries like Negarestani, Land and Masciandaro, I'm going to go with Bataille (obviously) and perhaps Baudrillard - even Barthes, if he's allowed in the category.

Kierkegaard and Nietzsche are givens as well.

>Baudrillard

funny for the wrong reasons

De Maistre's humour is very underrated.As the other anons said, Kierkegaard and Plato are really funny too.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

I actually genuinely chuckled a couple times when reading Stirner.
Other than that, Plato.

essayist and polemicist, not a philosopher
psychoanalyst, not a philosopher
K and N are not philosophers
Spinoza is the only philosopher in this post

*tells you the same joke 500 times*

Pythagoras, especially his relationship with beans

Diogenes as far as second hand stories go.

Schopenhauer and Nietzsche were pretty funny in their writing, Stirner as well.

[stroke intensifies]

*snifftug*
I apologishe for this *tug* vulgar joke, but it sho accurately portraysh *sniff* *grin* khow I feel: You know the movie, V for Vendetta *tugsniff* and it endsh and we are all V, the guy in the mash *tug* and sho on and sho on, I would shell *gesturing* my maather into shlayvery to shee *tug* V for Vendetta 2 *chuckle*. Okay we are all V and free and sho on *sniff*, but what comesh after?

You are a homosexual and not in a good way.

>Not talking about philosophy, the post

>"My wife gave him some Swiss cheese and rye bread for lunch, which he greatly liked. Thereafter he more or less insisted on eating bread and cheese at all meals, largely ignoring the various dishes that my wife prepared. Wittgenstein declared that it did not much matter to him what he ate, so long as it always remained the same. When a dish that looked especially appetizing was brought to the table, I sometimes exclaimed "Hot Ziggety!" — a slang phrase that I learned as a boy in Kansas. Wittgenstein picked up this expression from me. It was inconceivably droll to hear him exclaim "Hot Ziggety!" when my wife put the bread and cheese before him." -Norman Malcolm, in Ludwig Wittgenstein : A Memoir (1966), p. 85

Attached: witty.jpg (266x190, 12K)

>“Wittgenstein’s correspondence with Pattison consists almost entirely of ‘nonsense’. In nearly every letter he makes some use of the English adjective ‘bloody’, which, for some reason, he found inexhaustibly funny. He would often begin his letters ‘Dear Old Blood’ and end them ‘Yours bloodily’ or ‘Yours in bloodiness’. Pattisson would send him photographs cut out from magazines, which he called his ‘paintings’, and to which Wittgenstein would respond with exaggeratedly solemn appreciation: ‘I would have known it to be a Pattison immediately without the signature. There is that bloodiness in it which has never before been expressed by the brush.’ In reply, Wittgenstein would send ‘portraits’, photogrphs of distinguished looking middle-aged men, ripped out of newspaper advertisements for self-improvement courses. ‘My latest photo’, he announced, enclosing one such picture. ‘The previous one expressed fatherly kindness only; this one expresses triumph’.”

>"Throughout the correspondence there is a gentle ridicule of the language of the advertiser, the absurdity of the style being invoked simply by using it as though it were the normal way for two friends to write to each other. Sending Wittgenstein a (genuine) photograph of himself, Pattisson writes on the back: 'On the other side is pictured one of our 47/6 suits.' 'Somehow or the other, Wittgenstein writes at the end of one letter, 'one instinctively feels that Two Steeples No. 83 Quality Sock is a real man's sock. It's a sock of taste - dressy, fashionable, comfortable.'"

Attached: witty2.jpg (273x350, 17K)

>A typical Wittgenstein gag was drawing an arrow to the ‘W.C.1’ in a London address on a letter he was going to mail and writing, ‘This doesn’t mean ‘Lavatory.’

Attached: witty3.jpg (500x500, 42K)

How could you guys forget the first shitposter?

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (800x522, 31K)

>>"Wittgenstein had a childlike fascination with flatulence and often became giddy when, seated around the table, one of the guests would suddenly break wind. While everyone else ignored the sound and made no effort to identify or embarrass the person who had made it, Ludwig sat bouncing his seat with a large grin across his face. "Was it you?" he would ask, nudging one of the guests once the meal had concluded. Disappointed by their reply, he would go around the room nudging each person in turn and asking quietly "was it you? was it you?" with a look on his face which suggested he was fit to burst with laughter"

Attached: witty4.jpg (900x750, 84K)

this, diogenes was fucking hilarious, and universally so

>Therefore, Ect ect ect. So on. Sniff. Wipe.

>only philosopher confirmed to have said "le epic kek my dudes" on twitter

Attached: inthenickoftime.jpg (850x521, 59K)

> We wrote Anti-Oedipus together. As each of us was several, it was quite a crowd

> Theology is very strict on the following point: there are no werewolves.

> It is not the pervert, nor even the autistic person, who escapes psychoanalysis; the whole of psychoanalysis is an immense perversion, a drug, a radical break with reality, starting with the reality of desire; it is a narcissism, a monstrous autism: the
characteristic autism and the intrinsic perversion of the machine of capital. At its most autistic, psychoanalysis is no longer measured against any reality, it no longer opens to any outside, but becomes itself the test of reality and the guarantor of its own test: reality as the lack to which the inside and the outside, departure and arrival, are reduced.
tl;dr psychoanalysts are autists

> Say that it's Oedipus, or you'll get a slap in the face.

For what it's worth, D&G invented shitposting.

Attached: a thousand shitposts.jpg (642x454, 52K)

audibly keked

Witty shits on Russell:

>Russell’s books should be bound in two colors, those dealing with mathematical logic in red – and all students of philosophy should read them; those dealing with ethics and politics in blue – and no one should be allowed to read them.

juste baiser mon merde en haute ma famille

Holy shit, accurate

kek

he's right though, russell was a bumbling brainlet outside of his specific niche.

it's an anglo affliction.

Top kek

Attached: 1453140244050.jpg (600x750, 130K)

kek

Ah a Joyce fan I see

>not a philosopher unless you're autistic

didn't Thomas Aquinas say something like "Appeal to Authority is a logical fallacy because Boethius said it was"? Because that made me mildly kek

>Wittgenstein was a top tier shitposter

This is useful information

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 718K)

agreed agreed

he was also a pansy-ass soyboylent-green stuffed purple-laced steam-sucking pooftah

but that's neither her nor there

they're

Not a philosopher but I kek'd heartily while I was reading Premiere Amour by Beckett. Also Lautreamont's Maldoror.

based

Attached: 1498204233845.jpg (1352x746, 163K)

Attached: sloterdijk caricature.jpg (2976x3968, 847K)

is brap posting the most patrician fixation?

wasn't bert rustle a literal cuck?

not sure. I do know that he was a huge proponent of "free love" and advocating extensive sexual exploration, including orgiastic bisexual encounters

Marx
His entire work is a joke

Not philosophers.

Wittgenstein

Not non-faggots.

He had the opposite problem.

Has his correspondence with this Pattison guy ever been published? Would love to read it

English language BTFO

Bump

shut the fuck up faggot

doesn't read philosophy
doesn't read philosophy
doesn't read philosophy
doesn't read philosophy
doesn't read philosophy

Many people who read non-fiction avidly, just do NOT read philosophy.

I guarantee I've read more philosophy than you. Very insightful reddit posts aren't philosophy

He was yeah, he was famously in an """open relationship""" with his wife

I guarantee you that you haven't

>non-fiction
>philosophy

pick one user. philosophy is fiction of the highest order.

fuck him then I can't stand fucking cucks

oof oh I see

This sums up Russel perfectly. Thank you based Witty.

Actually Marx has a pretty good sense of humor. Probably Voltaire.