Boston Veeky Forums Meetup

We're having a Veeky Forums meetup in Boston. Changing up location since Trident burnt to the ground. We'll be at Boston Sail Loft on the waterfront. It's more comfy than Trident desu senpai.

Email bostonliterature at gmail if you're interested & I'll give you the time.

>Why?

If you've been to university organizations, reading groups, or hung out in a cafe up here, you've noticed the stifling eggshell-walking culture. And also that no one reads Veeky Forums books.

>What?

Something in the vein of Ben Franklin's Junto. Discussion, critique, &c.

Attached: Boston 2018 03 21.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

Attached: 00000.gif (640x360, 1.45M)

Sorry OP I'm going to use this thread to again ask mods: why do you delete California threads when this one will stay up till next week?

Attached: Gram-Parsons-3.jpg (590x590, 59K)

Hmm. I live in Boston. How do I know that participants won't be painfully autistic?

You say "I have to go now" and leave you DORK

>california

Attached: 1516233800873.jpg (640x640, 89K)

Have you ever been to a meet-up? I imagine that they're generally very awkward—especially when consisting of Veeky Forums users. To quote the great Groucho, I'm not so sured I'd "want to be a part of any club that will accept me as a member."

Those who post here tend to be at once deeply narcissistic as well as profoundly insecure: people like that rarely make easy company.

But then again, loneliness is a good motivator to behave cordially. So that helps.

There have been quite a few Boston ones & they're way more normal than anyone expects.

Do you mind describing the scene? How many peeps? What was discussed? Any connections made? Other relevant info

It's a good time.

It's usually 3-4 people, most we had was 8. Talk about a lot of different books, been recommending things to each other and it's become a sort of mini-book club/ friend group.

is the people smart

wut bok r we gon tak bout

lol ikr

I said "how do I know," not "what do I do"

How old are you people? I'm interested but don't want to stick out because I'm 19

pretty sure the range is like 19-27

An overlit bookstore cafe with roaches. Average of 4 people. We discussed fucking books... Some cool people. No other relevant info.

Attached: image.jpg (1536x2048, 608K)

Sean Goonan

L I E S

A few college kids, a stay at home mom and her kid, one seriously old guy who overheard us and decided to join and Goonan.

Attached: image.jpg (431x864, 88K)

see, if any of the attendees have an attitude even vaguely resembling yours, I don't want to go

Seriously, why do you have to be so shitty?

nexr nyc meetup when?

it's probably better that you don't come. you're just a socially awkward little bitch looking for something to blame, so you don't feel bad about yourself while you sit in your room and jerk off to anime feet as usual. his attitude. what about your attitude? your loss, you little cunt.

has there ever been a Toronto meetup?

No, and there never will be.

>it's probably better that you don't come. you're just a socially awkward little bitch looking for something to blame

>well i don't want you coming to my party anyhow

You sound like a child, you know that

I mean really, I ask for feedback, and some user decides to be an acerbic cunt. I point that out, and now he stupidly pretends to be someone else and begins aggressively insulting me.

Why? Why are you like this? I entreat you to quit being such a punk bitch and grow up—or go fuck a hooker, because you're clearly not getting laid

Lets not.

I never imagined I'd see this much drama on this thread. You're really taking it hard huh

I wasn't personally pissed, but I was dumbfounded. I felt like I invoked the fury of a chihuahua or something, and so my natural tendency to toil took hold and I shared my presumably accurate thoughts. I'm not going to not say what I think because I think it might make it look like I'm upset. That'd be silly on a board meant for discussion—even as much as laconism is praised

Also drama is entertaining, hence: shitposting and the like. Our lives are generally nerfed and anodyne, so many of us create our own conflict. It's why I received a formal sexual harassment complaint from a male coworker several months ago.

If that's being shitty, I'm not sure you'd enjoy it. No hostility intended...

Attached: image.jpg (1424x2048, 593K)

i used to visit a friend in boston and we'd go to sail loft to pick up chicks

I was thinking the exact same thing, wtf! Were you from la, or were you the one from Bakersfield? Central coaster here

I change my mind. You're not allowed to come.

hehe i'm totally joining

who /BrattleBookShop/ here

L O S A N G E L E S

me

I sold some books to them a few months ago

in each book i left my a polaroid of me with my number on the back hoping some cutie sees it and calls me

so far only one person's called. It was some old dude named Ronald

Is Ronald cool?

They have a podcast now :^(

Attached: image.jpg (600x496, 69K)

did he want fuck?

seemed cool

maybe, he just called to let me know my info was out there, as it was "the darnedest thing"

Did he call you a liar?

I'm in there every Saturday. I prefer commonwealth though, mostly because I have more a rapport with the employees.

Beardglasses, ponytail or fat drunk guy?

>la
>lit