This is a book about a retarded royal mutant who goes around the world with his best friend who's a psychology student...

This is a book about a retarded royal mutant who goes around the world with his best friend who's a psychology student getting in adventures around the world with Indians and Russian revolutionaries and raping and killing women the whole time. It's amazing and very underrated and you should all read it. Also I'm willing to make a scan if there isn't one online and theres a big outcry for one.

Attached: Ilikethisbook2.jpg (312x499, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

monoskop.org/images/a/a2/Roussel_Raymond_Locus_Solus_1914.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've wanted to read this for a few years. I read a couple other books by Cendrars and they were pretty decent.
I just wished there was an epub.

It's one of the most fun books I've ever read. If you've read Gravity's Rainbow, it's as fun as reading that

>I'm willing to make a scan
screw that, record your self reading it

lol ya'll want a liveread? Could be comfy

I was thinking record to youtube or something, audio book

Maybe, I've wanted to do readings for a long time. Maybe This weekend I'll go to my uni and read some books. Any other requests?

how many pages is this? you are gonna hurt your voice, interesting you would be able to read multiple books and record them in a weekend?

less than 300 pages. Yeah I've read multiple books in one sitting and I've certainly spoken with friends for like 10 hours straight before.

cool, if you do this all I can say is make a thread about it when you are done (and a few over time so I see it) and do some tests of a paragraph to make sure it sounds good before you read 100 pages and see that you were too far away or close...and where can you read at your uni,,, not at the be quiet library right

Will go into a little viewing and listening room and bang it out. Hope I can use this to promote my shitposting channel too.

oh yeah and I have hundreds of physical books and thousands of epubs so do you have any requests?

It's pretty good. Not quite as sensational as you're making it out to be. I did think that the sequence where they travel down the Amazon and become involved with a local tribe there was particularly effective, effective enough to be out of proportion in terms of quality with the rest of the novel.

If we're talking French lit of the period: for something truly mindblowingly weird, read Roussel's Locus Solus instead. And for the real violent sexual shit, read Story of the Eye.

It's not comparable to either of those in my opinion even though I love Solus. It's closer relatives are Tristiam Shandy and Naked Lunch and I like it more than either of those.

Attached: coll.jpg (600x450, 23K)

also here's a link to Solus if anyone's interest has been piqued
monoskop.org/images/a/a2/Roussel_Raymond_Locus_Solus_1914.pdf

whats your shitposting channel? what do you study in school? are you a writer? by 'you have hundreds of books' do you mean the library does or you own?

whoops its in french sorry lads

are you reading the book in OP in french?

nah I just accidentally posted without looking at the pdf before, usually monoskop posts in english only

>It's not comparable to either of those in my opinion

Not saying it's comparable in terms of subject matter, but I personally group all of them together as 'weird early 20th c. French lit that wouldn't exist without Huysmans or Jarry'. They're all cousins, if you know what I mean.

cool, and:
?

And I would suggest not recording it all in one go, but maybe chapter by chapter or even 30 pages or so a recording: I dont know how you would record it but it would be a shame if you finished the last word, hit stop recording and it showed up "Error, file to big" and nothing was saved

won't post shitpost channel yet, I study pure math in school, I'm a writer as a hobby, I have hundreds of books yeah

true good advice

>I've certainly spoken with friends for like 10 hours straight before
Are you a woman?

no I just have real friends