Was there any man in history more based than King David?

Was there any man in history more based than King David?

>What is so great and virtuos about king David? Why is David so special that he is portraited all over the bible as the ideal king and the very ancestor of God? He was a man of war, a criminal, a polygam, a fornicator, an adulterous. To begin with he had a weird relationship with the children of King Saul. He married Michal, king Saul's 2nd daughter, who covered-up for him while Saul was trying to get him, but upon that incident he never made contact with her again. He had a weird relationship with Jonathan, King Saul's SON of whom it is said that some "weird" love existed(homosexuality?). After decades he was concerned more about Jonathan than Michal.

He had multiple wives. He took wives from all the "conquered" territories which looked pretty strategical and political. He seems like a manipulator for political gains, perhaps it was the same with his wife Michal and with Jonathan who happened to betray their own father for David's sake. He even allied with the enemies of Israel when Saul was king. He commited adultery with Bathsheba the wife of Uriah the Hitite whom he also conspired to get murdered. Ironically or not Solomon himself was the son of David and Bathsheba whom himself had 1000 wives and in the end worshipped "idols". The point is even the Solomonic line is controversial. It has roots in an adulterous relationship and a murder. More Solomon himself starts his rule with the murdering of his eldest brother, the eldest son of David, Adonijah. Closing the Solomon chapter for now..

David upon his old age needed a virgin handmaiden in the person of Abishag the Shunammite to keep him warm and apparently had not even 1 wife from all the many to do that. Even on his death bed this King David is more interested in revenge and appoints his son Solomon to murder in his last words. Where was his peace upon his death, or his faith or hope in God, why so concerned with revenge, murders and so on?

Scripture itself has songs attributed to David's bloodshed. "David killed tens of thousands" .

What is more disturbing to me is the way David is said to have come in the sight of God as an option for King. It comes as a result of King Saul's rejection to commit the Amalekite genocide (biblical nazism).

To top it all even the prophecy Jacob/Israel makes in Genesis says that the sceptre belongs to Judah and was to be of Judah. How does that explain God's very chosing of a Benjamite to be the first King of Israel?

Attached: 2048px-Gerard_van_Honthorst_-_King_David_Playing_the_Harp_-_Google_Art_Project-1595x900.jpg (1595x900, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ancient.eu/King_David/
thoughtco.com/king-david-man-after-gods-heart-701169
youtube.com/watch?v=6st_tFj6ouM
call-to-monotheism.com/prophet_muhammad__peace_be_upon_him__and_the_taking_of_poison
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jesus Christ was

He ain't no Cyrus the Great

Cyrus unleashed the Jew upon the world.

god picked david because david loved god

excluding Jesus David is indeed the most based man ever

This. Also God rejected Saul because Saul made a sacrifice when he was told not to. And the tribe of Benjamin ends up being part of the kingdom of Judah.

One more thing, David wasn't gay, only gay people are unable to understand why you might care more about your best friend than your 1st of multiple wives who ends up being a bitch that gets mad at you for dancing after you rekt the Philistines.

>Why is David so special that he is portraited all over the bible as the ideal king and the very ancestor of God? He was a man of war, a criminal, a polygam, a fornicator, an adulterous.
He was king during Israel's peak. Nobody really cares that the king is an adulterer if the country is doing alright, see also Bill Clinton. Also Judah's later kings were descended from him, so building up David's myth added to their legitimacy. The biblical evaluations of a lot of kings seem to be based on reasoning backwards from what happened after their reign.
>David's line held the throne for a long time, therefore God must have loved him, therefore he was a good king
>the kingdom split after Solomon died, therefore God hated him, therefore he was a bad king, at least toward the end
>Judah has been conquered, it must be because we weren't faithful enough to God, let's judge every king by how much he did to promote/fight idolatry

He's Everyman who despite frequent lapses ultimately holds steady and keeps the faith. A testimony to the absolute importance of the frequently (stupidly) 'taken for granted' first commandment.

>OT chracter rapes and plunders his way to glory
>based
>Mohammad does the same
>fucking savage sandnigger

Attached: penn_jillette.png.jpg (300x400, 31K)

Her son was wiser than him

Muhammad road on magic carpets and took dictation from an angel in a cave; David consulted the God of his heart and fought wars.
Fuck off U ignorant moron..

>Was there any man in history more based than King David
>A Man After God's Own Heart
He's sinned boldly and repented his sins so no there isn't.

ancient.eu/King_David/
thoughtco.com/king-david-man-after-gods-heart-701169

Attached: David_SM_Maggiore.jpg (850x1540, 943K)

Literally what's the difference, both traditions claim God spoke to these guys. And why is a magic carpet any less plausible than an angel with a magic sword hovering over Jerusalem?

David:
>see a pretty woman
>fuck her and have her husband sent to die
>God sends a prophet to tell you that you fucked up
>prophet tells you that you will be pay fourfold what you took
>you and the woman's first son dies shortly after being born
>your other son rapes his half-sister, and then gets killed for it
>your other other son who killed the other son stages a rebellion and gets killed for it
>you and the woman have Solomon, the fourth son, and you promise to make him King
>your third kid isn't happy about this, and since the first two sons just died he thinks he's king
>he tries to usurp the throne, you put him in his place, and Solomon spares him
>you die
>but third kid keeps meddling, tries the old trick of fucking your old concubines
>so Solomon kills him
>now that four of your sons have died God is sated. He uses your fucked up bloodline to bring about his glory anyways, because he made a promise to you, and because he's God and can do whatever he damn pleases
>your descendant is such a good man that nobody offers serious criticism of his actual life on Earth

Mohammad:
>come along and add a bunch of shit to the Jewish and Christian Scriptures
>constantly say that if you ever say a lie in God's name may God sever your aorta
>fuck a 9 year old
>slaughter a bunch of jews
>make one of the living jews serve you a meal
>she poisons it
>you live but never really recover
>as you die you constantly say that you feel your aorta is being severed
>multiple versions of this corroborated across various texts accepted in the Islamic World
>9-year old grew up, she says you said this too
>you die
>your followers claim you were an infallible holy man anyways
>most everyone else in the world thinks you're power hungry and evil

Sources on the aorta story? That is hilarious.

video I got it from:
youtube.com/watch?v=6st_tFj6ouM
An Islamic response I found, if you're interested:
call-to-monotheism.com/prophet_muhammad__peace_be_upon_him__and_the_taking_of_poison

David: *plays secret chord*
God: How pleasing...

I'm 10 minutes in and so far he's done a skit and rambled a lot.

>King David
>history

Attached: 2E773E44-37C2-4248-8852-5C00E86DB041.jpg (306x306, 32K)

he's pretty memey. In the middle he shows all the verses that corroborate the story. Last half or so is him pointing out why he thinks Mohammed is a false prophet.

The Town Carpenter, Christ's earthly father, was said to be descended from King David. Jesus' Davidic lineage was stressed a great deal.

Ok, I watched it. His argument is retarded, and that's from someone who hates Islam. One hadith has Muhammad saying he feels AS IF an important blood vessel has been cut. Obviously it hasn't because he's talking about being poisoned. The Quran says God would instantly cut a more specific blood vessel if Muhammad made up a prophecy. Of everything that's wrong with Islam this guy comes up with that feeble shit and makes a half hour video of it for youtube bux.

Watch some of James White's debates with muslims instead, he actually engages with muslim scholarship and beats them on their own terms, not in "checkmate muslims xD" meme videos.

If Jesus Christ had run around saying "if I'm a liar may God nail me to a tree," you could get around the irony of Crucifixion as his death by saying "a cross isn't a tree." It doesn't matter whether the blood vessel was cut instantly, whether it was the actual aorta or a vein that is part of the aorta but is not the entire thing.

Also, hemotoxins literally damage your organs responsible for processing and distributing blood. They could actually cause a rupture.

By the way, which James White do you mean? I tried looking him up. James R. White?

I agree full heartedly. OP's asked
>Was there any man in history more based than King David?
I answered Jesus. If you find Jesus to be the Christ—which I assume you do, given you referred to Him as Christ—, then you would agree that Jesus is more based than King David, because Christ who is fully divine is greater than a great man. To say Jesus Christ is more based that King David is not equivalent to saying King David is not based at all or that he serves no significant purpose. Saying three is greater than one does not mean one is now valueless.
I don't see how
>Jesus is more based than King David.
is bi-conditional with
>King David is not based nor significant.
My answer could not be anymore concrete.

Yeah James R. White; fair warning: He's a Protestant.

diff user btw

>That dicta and a handful stories served as great societal organizational principles out of which modern science (for instance) was birthed--
>meanwhile, in a guise of rationality, user's negative reveals the poverty of en masse modern 'thinking' about 'things like' 'religion'
It's true in ways (you) won't even allow yourself to contemplate. Reject some Cadillac in the Clouds and convince yourself youve successfully 'dealt with' 'religion' all (you) want (because that's where it stops) when in fact it's a subject (you) just don't have the brain for. Not that youre not 'smart' btw. We just don't have time for one another. Clearly.

what's really fascinating about Jesus being stressed heavily as the son of David is that he actually had no biological connection to David due to the nature of his conception

and yet he's still acknowledged as the son of David, which exemplifies the non-biological fatherhood that allows us to call ourselves children of God

Kek

Technically yeah, but he is still raised by a man of davidic lineage as if He were blood(if I adopt little Pablo, you're damn sure he's my son now). Too, Jesus is of the Aaron blood line, the lineage of the High Priesthood.

Attached: Jesus Geneaology.jpg (850x618, 43K)

Yes, I was saying that it's cool how Jesus was adopted into David's bloodline just like how Christians are adopted into God's bloodline

David is descended from Moses and Abraham who are descended from Noah who is descended directly from Adam who is descended from the Adam Kadmon which is descended from the Logos that is Christ which is descended from Sophia which is descended from God the Father, the Almighty
God can't adopt himself especially since the Jewish blood line is literally Adamic

ohhh okay; yeah I agree!

>just like how Christians are adopted into God's bloodline
never thought of that; very powerful thought

What's REALLY fascinating about it is that Matthew couldn't fucking count.

I like Solomon in terms of what is attributed to him in the Bible.

This

King David never existed as a historical figure. We may as well discuss the economic policy of King Arthur and his knights.

They both existed, but I have some doubts that you do.

But we both know that I don't exist, you're just replying to yourself right now.

Prove it.

cheeky bastard

Stop taking the Old Testament seriously as a historical text. Outside of the Bible there is no evidence of a King David ever ruling an empire. The Biblical authors seem to have been given him the traits of a completely different monarch called Hazael:
>Damascus reached its zenith during the reign of Hazael ... Transjordanian regions were overrun ... Hazael was able to cross Israelite territory to progress down the coastal plain to take Gath in Philista. In fact, Hazael appears to have established an empire or sphere of influence not unlike that ascribed to David.
– B.S.J. Isserlin, The Israelites, p86.

Kind of disappointing that Shakespeare never wrote a play about him.

>If Jesus Christ had run around saying "if I'm a liar may God nail me to a tree,"
Jesus did that though, repeatedly.

This. Why doesn't he appear in any king lists from neighbouring states? Bitch, he's fictional.

Hah, you're funny. I really can't bring myself to apply the word "based" to Jesus — although I'm sure there's no substantial definition, it smacks of what we used to call druggies: "baseheads." Given that, I think a morally flawed human like David is more "based" than Jesus, whatever that means.

I didn't actually disagree with you. However, by a different definition, David is genealogically more "based" than Jesus, if we accept Jesus' Davidic lineage. In that sense, Adam is the most "based" of all.