What book will:

What book will:

>Stop me wasting so much time on the internet
>Stop me feeling so guilty about everything I do, don't do, and how I do it
>Make me start working hard

Attached: download (1).jpg (300x168, 10K)

My diary desu

the big book is your only hope

Attached: 3612694C-1F6D-4E90-BDBC-48D26CCDD84B.jpg (640x929, 65K)

dude bro just be yourself dude trust me

Start listening to self-help books while exercising. Go to the gym or start running. One good one I’ve read is called “Failing Fast and Failing Forward” and it seems pretty legit and based on psychology from Stanford researchers. Then just listen to other ones too, “Habits of Highly Effective People,” “How to Win Friends and Influence People,” etc. always do it while exercising and make yourself exercise everyday for at least an hour. So that could mean you run 30 minutes and then to pushups and sit-ups and squats the other 30 minutes.

12 Rules for Life by Papa Peterson

See a therapist. Really.

Currently reading this book called Willpower doesn't work. Main thesis is that instead of relying on willpower your main focus should be on setting up a good environment where you don't need willpower to succeed.

Do something challenging that looks intimidating from your current viewpoint. Do something you doubt you can do.

books aint magic user, this shit is something you gotta deal with by yourself

Just fucking sit down and read you ADD addled nigger. It's not hard. Just follow this simply instruction:
>start reading
>when you feel like stopping, don't
>read for at least 1-2 hours
>don't get up until you're finished
>don't
>get
>up
>do this 6/7 days a week for a month
This may be enough to break your old habit and create a new one. The focus here is to digest content that you actually have in the back of your mind to peruse in your boredom that nay motivate you to keep reading more as you come to understand the satisfaction of having read a book even if reading it may have felt boring. To me the reward is having the content in my brain to fantasize about. Reading can be arduous, but having read it is fulfilling and makes me thirst for more things that I want to add to my daydream fuel, and thinking about books that I've read makes me want to read them again: now we have a self-fulfilling loop of motivation.

there are no books to make those changes easy. Only way to stop feeling like a loser is to stop being a loser, no shortcuts.

Exercise, it's more direct. Then read after developing work ethic from said activity.

Unironically this.

Only you can identify what you truly want out of life. Only you can find the triggers/methods that lead you off/towards this path. To learn what you want to be/do - read everything you can get your hands on. Gather perspectives of a thousand lives. Use their philosophical methods to craft your own.

Concrete:
>The Shallows (by Carr)
> r/nosurf (le redditface, i know, but they probably have some insight)

It's hard to get discipline, but yeah, decide something and follow it. Exercise, study, resist browsing, put yourself in situations you feel uncomfortable in.

OP here. Going to the gym regularly and reading didn't fix the stuff I said.

I don't have ADD. I can read books. My pain is summarised below

>tell myself I should go through 8 MOOCs at once because I have so much free time
>know MOOCs are simplified and I'll feel like a brainlet for doing them
>tell myself I'll learn from textbooks instead
>know I'll feel guilty for skipping most of the textbooks

>tell myself I should learn or relearn some basic maths (linear algebra, statistics, probability) and go through SICP to stop feeling like a brainlet and so I can then do what I really want
>do the textbook exercises
>still feel like a brainlet
>go through most of SICP
>it's boring and isn't giving deep insight like people say it does
>still feel like I need to go through it or else I'm dumb

Kill yourself man, like really

Unironically 12 rules for life.

Find projects. Learning becomes means to do them. Instead of telling yourself to read a book about statistics; settle with a project like calculating the odds of you meeting a girlfriend.
Books are good at inspiring such projects, but it's hard to appreciate knowledge from reading only.

>Wake up early, round 6 o’clock
>Drink one pot of black coffee while reading literature
>Stop reading around 8:30. Go to your job or whatever. Focus on nothing else but completing the task before you with the utmost diligence and care
>Return home. Read more, from 6-8:30
>Write, whether in a journal or the thing you’re working on
>Stop writing around 10:00. Go to bed.
>Repeat

I’ve been doing this for about a year now. As a result, nothing good has happened, I’ve had nothing published, and I’m still a brainlet. Nonetheless, I feel phenomenal for at least trying.

I hate that the internet makes me feel like I'm missing out on something when in reality, things that are important just don't pop up randomly in a news feed. Veeky Forums is good for books recommendations though, but fuck the recommendations if you don't read the actual book. You could easily google top books of that and that period and pick literally any of those and have a good experience.

I would tell you to go out and socialize and meet people but damn I'm disappointed in that one too. Just bury your face in a book and do that until you reach your inevitable demise. I pity you for reading my post, because you can learn much more from an dead author than from me.

Epictetus - The Enchiridion
Marcus Aurelius - Meditations
Herman Hesse - Siddhartha

I would suggest reading them in this order

also these

fuck off nobody likes you

You are

I hurt my right hand because of too much pull ups, push ups, dips etc. I did every possible body weight exercise and gained around 10 kg.

Now I feel like I'm disabled.

Yeah work out more. Now I'm limited to squats. I hope don't develop a too good ass. I don't want fags chasing me.

You drink a whole pot of coffee? Bruh...I teeter on the edge of a nervous breakdown after 2.5 or more cups of strong black coffee. Also good job on keeping a habit like that for a whole year mang. I did the same thing with art/drawing and made some decent gains so I'm sure you're writing has improved a ton.

I actually want fags chasing me. A compiment is a compliment.

Aren't you lonely?

This book does not exist.

Attached: 1453754033510.png (362x520, 209K)

No. It’s impossible to be lonely if one enjoys ones own company. Also marriage is a meme.

I do. To be honest though, I have increasingly intense heart palpatations now. Just the morning I had one so severely it triggered a coughing fit. Maybe I should cut back?

/thread

Attached: FBEB7F3E-1943-4D84-8A2F-45F2C8F2DB20.jpg (376x500, 81K)

I think that the only way to form a reasonable relationship is that you first make peace with the thought that you are going to die alone. With 'alone' I mean 70 years, an empty apartment with maybe two cats that you don't even like because they exploit you and will most likely piss on your body once they find you dead in the shower.

Once you reach that state of mind, you can go and have a gf/wife, without using her to reach your goals of a successful marriage and without using her because you can't stand being alone with yourself.

Still haven't found a way to do that though.

Yeah I think you should. Maybe only drinks 2-3 cups a day, you might have some withdrawal symptoms like headaches and shit though so be mindful of that.

I honestly had a random epiphany while I was walking down the street.
I suddenly became very conscient of my own mortality, and how I will be inevitably dead one day
The idea hitted me hard, I had to sit down
Luckily for me, I guess, I made peace real quickly with that fact, and felt a special kind of deep liberation

I still don't know where the fuck that came from