Be Veeky Forums

>be Veeky Forums
>board specifically about text
>get shit score
Shame. Shame.

Attached: 1521641364301.png (1920x984, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesch–Kincaid_readability_tests
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just because I read books doesn't mean I type books.
Fuck you and your test.

You're assuming that the complexity of text is the purpose of a board about text when the purpose of this board is for text to be more easily understood.

Attached: 1509231812363.jpg (323x454, 137K)

How is /x/ so high, their brains are literally fried off drugs and the, to top it off, /pol/ beat them at their own game: meme magic

Attached: 1520738185814.jpg (238x192, 7K)

jej

/x/ uses a fair bit of jargon and purple prose when they try to spook each other. Still the dumbest board.

If OP is legit then scoring lower than /sp/ is pretty weird.

/sp/ is up there because they use a bunch of long ass sports people names and places

k

Veeky Forums is my main board

How was this measured, assuming it isn't bullshit? What text was sampled?

We barely even beat /int/. This is a shameful score indeed. Should we all just an hero?

>big words = more smarterer
"no"

>big words
more than that
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesch–Kincaid_readability_tests
What is a better measurement then?
inb4
>durr my special snowflake intelligenc can't be measured

Oh, I'm sorry, it measures big words AND long sentences. Yes, those are good measures of intelligence. No, not like good writers will ever listen to Strunk and White and write clearly and simply, no sir!

>translation: my special snowflake intelligenc can't be measured

A complex thing like intelligence can't be measured by such basic algorithms as that test.

Strawman.

>Veeky Forums lower than Veeky Forums
lol

>basic ideas cant be conceptialized through basic tests

Hmm makes you think

/sp/ has funny memes and some witty ass people making fairly alpha jokes, but let's be honest: they haven't a clue of the cannon--ironically-unironically, and have little understanding of the impacts thereof. I'm sure their are some smarties there, who either don't read because, "I live and learn and love from life!", or, have read a few classics here and there. Either way, it's an insult and a slander that they are above us on your graph and I demand an edit! Demand I say! You have 24 hours
Lol, probably true

Veeky Forums, /int/ and Veeky Forums are some of the boards least infiltrated by /pol/

Its based on sophisticated vocabulary.

Nope. I clearly stated that intelligence is a complex thing. Sorry you can't read.
Intelligence is more than sentence length.

Attached: woowoww.gif (320x320, 2.46M)

Nouns don't count

I go to /sp/ and I know the canon and read everyday, what now

> the harder my shit is to read the better it is
Can someone hurry up and post that IQ image to BTFO OP pl0x?

Yes, i know what the flesch kincaid test is, i was wondering what text it was sampling. If it was based on the text on "Veeky Forums humour thread" it would get a different result than a "critique thread".

I'm the one who created this graph. I noticed someone posted it on a few boards for some reason looking though the archives.
I dumped every board into a text file and ran the test on them.
Whoever posted it got it from this thread as you can tell from the filename: If you want the actual text it is here: I just did this for a bit of fun but I guess some people are going to take it seriously.

All this test shows is how hard it is to parse text. Incomprehensible nonsense in a flesch-kincaid scores higher than plain language, so by this metric of course better writing gets a lower ranking.

Attached: 1514953800736.png (657x539, 110K)

B T F O

I'm not done with you. Here's a test to see if you are telling the truth--no cheating, on your honor: How many yards did Tom Brady, the fucking GOAT aka __ ____, throw for in the AFC divisional game in the 2017 playoffs?
What team will Isaiah Thomas play for next year?
Who is in the 76ers karass--or whatever the fuck they call those little groups that they form to root for each other? Usually 4 or 5 teams/
Why is Hume important? What contributions has he made to philosophy, and who became his successors?
Who did Nietzsche BTFO? ;)

Attached: 24f4bc9f41ed4eff75b865cb9dafcb24--cool-hats-cats-in-clothes.jpg (570x620, 60K)

Reading grade scales are complete crap. They value long sentence disproportionately high while ignoring difficult vocabulary.

Clearly fake, shit thread

I fucked up the above post. Sorry the strapnel, , hit you user. I'll tell your wife you fought with bravery and honor. Then Bone Down, bitchh! Ughhhhh

Damn, it won't let me post the graph, wtf

Nietzsche BTFO of everyone. Socrates and God especially.

Brevity the soul of wit and all that shit.

Thanks for doing it, it's interesting info.
I was thinking that was the method you used considering /news/ is so high, as many posts there are simply dumping the news article in full.

This is very old(and clearly outdated). Doesn’t mean I won’t post it.

Attached: image.jpg (2000x2000, 1.95M)

literal meme chart

>this is what /pol/ actually believes

>entirely made up

>calculated from actual data that anyone can verify

Attached: 1501881009273.png (445x500, 19K)

>/sp/ higher than Veeky Forums
n-no, this cant be happening. im in charge here!

Attached: 1518985913349.jpg (250x250, 13K)

/sp/ poster trying oh so hard

Attached: 1521677747701.png (625x626, 93K)

>any board lower than [s4s]
How?

[s4s] is a nice board

Attached: niec.jpg (319x310, 38K)

Tell that to /vp/

>Veeky Forums
>The "subsaharan africa, genetics, holocaust, make germany win ww2" board
>least infiltrated by /pol/

Veeky Forums a shit

it's still a meme metric that signifies nothing

A cursory glance at Veeky Forums would allow anyone to conclude that it is populated solely by morons. Veeky Forums is a glorified homework help board with an inferiority complex. I seriously doubt the relevance of a test such as this.

Hello, Mr. Strunk. How was your dirtnap?

>sp

I say I resemble these remarks!

>Flesh Kink Aid

LEWD!

>hume

Attached: hume.jpg (1000x576, 104K)

Jamaica Kincaid?

>Veeky Forums aka pseud central
>first
sure

>Tom Brady
>the GOAT
nice meme fagboi

Attached: 2headedboi.jpg (426x428, 81K)

Put some respek on that name! You are talking about the quintessential athlete of the modern era! Best sportsman in all of sportsball! That super bowl last year was ludicrous! That should never have happened, but the GOAT wanted it: so it happened.

>Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are good boards
Don't you have a YLYL/funny memes threads to be in?

prove him wrong

lit has a good score for a board that's more about collecting books than reading them.