Why did this man hate the Turks so much...

Why did this man hate the Turks so much? His views on the Turkish people seem very odd considering the absurd levels of human empathy he showcases in his books.

Attached: IMG_3995.jpg (170x214, 20K)

Dostoyevsky was an extreme Russian imperialist who believed Istanbul (Tsargrad) should belong to the one true Christian empire (Russia)
You should read some of his correspondence with Solovyov (A Globalist Humanist from the time) very fascinating.

I knew he was super nationalistic and very strongly believed in having strong Christian nation but it still kinda threw me for a loop when I read his words. There was so much malice in them; it's like a completely different side to the dude. I'll definitely check out the correspondence, thanks for the rec.

I really tried to like him but there is way too much inherent racism on his views of human beings. He had empathy only on the surface, deeply he had a proto-fascist and reactionary view on everything

Some of it leaks into his writing too, it's not as bad as Lovecraft and his fascination with the word nigger but he does randomly slip in some shit about how bad the Turks are. I remember him doing it a couple of times in The brothers K and I think in Crime and Punishment he also made some random comment about them.

Turks are animals.

Perhaps because the Turks were awful?

Enough Dosto threads for one day. Jesus

>Turkish
>human
There's your problem.

he only said the truth, do you think the turks were cute puppies while maintaining an empire?

>Turkish "people"

If you start calling people from the past with off colour views by modern standards proto fascists you're going to be here a long time mate.

Shut up Leo

He treated his heroes like Saints and his enemies like cockroaches. The man had a serious bipolar personality.

>inherent racism
>proto-fascist
>reactionary
Anymore /leftypol/ buzzwords you'd like to try and fit in?

Attached: 1506246211735.png (384x390, 153K)

It's because he has such empathy that he rightly sees the t*rk as the filthy beast it truly is

>still considered the best writer along with Shakespeare
What does this tell you?
That is called borderline personality disorder my friend. Google it. The feel when you spot a layman.

Dostoyevsky was literally an anti-nihilist reactionary though.

Attached: wiggle.gif (900x540, 425K)

>>still considered the best writer along with Shakespeare
my personal favorite is steinbeck, but you have to be honest here

Attached: james-joyce.jpg (640x771, 112K)

just came to reiterate the fact that turks aren't really people

The real question is what were his opinions on the blacks and jews?

>the Turkish people
>Turkish
>people
[citation needed]

turks are more alike hairy dogs than men

Is this a serious question? Who likes turks or any group from the middle east generally? Even Africans have arguably more noble qualities.

Attached: turkish-cockroach.jpg (500x667, 59K)

good job

Attached: checkem.jpg (539x582, 100K)

>he thinks borderline is real
Its called having a brain and not being a spooked up wimp

me

I've been to Morocco, they're pretty nice people but they sure do turn wherever they live into a shithole

turks must be dashed upon the rocks they crawled out from

>this thread
Am I the only one out of the fucking loop here? Someone explain why turks are the devil, humanity's enemy

At first I thought this was ironic, but then I saw the responses and I don't know anymore. There's no moral reasoning as to why you can't hate other peoples. I'd argue that's human nature. You can be empathetic and not be a woman you know.

The diaspora of any people are almost always going to be the worst of them.

no
they're reduced mongoloid armenoid hybrids that rape and shit everywhere, they're not that bad. in fact their culture, Mongol and Ottoman culture, is in many ways superior to anything Northern Europe had going until the late Gothic period but they smell, are ugly and have sex with boys and rape white women so Whites are extremely resentful towards them. There's also the theory that Jews are really Turkic or Mongolic and not caucasoid, they're not, and this all can be used as a propaganda weapon to nuke Asia and the Middle East. Himmler wanted to go to war with the East because of the Turks, Mongols and Chinese who he viewed as a threat to white dominance and as being part of the mongolic-nigger sodomite race from Lanz Theozoologie book

what do you even mean by this, I'm genuinely confused

Turks are technically from Central Asia, though.

Attached: pl74.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

No I mean Morocco was genuinely a shithole despite the people being nice
They clearly needed white people in charge

>Thinks Slavs are God's chosen
>Turks killing God's chosen
Jee wow golly

desu if Dosto was alive today he'd hate pretty much everyone in the world even "christians." He was very strict in his belief about Christianity and believed that Russian Orthodoxy was the only true Christianity while the others like Protestantism and Catholicism were vile corruptions of the religion. He would not have nice things to say about the US (even in his books he shit talked the US but he'd hate them even more now) and Europe at all. I wonder if Russia's current state would drive him to an hero...

He would have had nice things to say about Kierkegaard

maybe by 15 year olds. dostoyevsky is by far the least impressive of the 'rooshians.'

do you think russians were much different?

"No"
the ottomans were originally from central asia. the average anatolian self-identifying """""ethnic Turk""""" is genetically and phenotypically much more similar to Greeks, Armenians, and Iranics than Central Asians (or, Allah forbid they transgress so, Mongols).

Says you, and you don't mean shit

Lovecraft put nigger in 1 story

wrong, im actually tao lin

Does anybody respect Tao Lin's opinions? Btw I'm Thomas Pynchon.

Attached: 23-thomas-pynchon-2.w245.h368.jpg (245x368, 29K)

kek this is what dostoplebs actually believe

i would literally kill you in any sort of physical confrontation you frail old faggot.
meet me behind safeway in 30 minutes if you want me to euthanize you with my first.

Reminder that Constantinople is Christian clay.

Senin amına koyayım.

Turks are vile. Annihilation of Islam is a *moral good*

>empathy
It's a buzzword for sentimentality. Those christian conservatives may throw tantrums over one abortion, but okay with carpet bombing whole cities.

Gregor Samsa

Another reason for why Tolstoy is better.

Tolstoy tried to see from a distance what Dostoevsky experiences first hand.

The Turks had such systematic and widespread sexual slavery that it was even common for minorities living in their cities like the Jews and Armenians to own sex slaves, let alone the Turkish masses. Russia had nothing of the sort. Rape during warfare and during the initial subjugation of new territory is the norm in every empire but not sex slaves all the time in nearly every household from the middle class up.

TLDR: Turks are depraved savages, no wonder they all larped as Persians

That's exactly why Tolstoy was better. Dosto was too blinded by his biases while Tolstoy carefully ruminated over everything before writing about it.

>muh harems
>muh white slavery
neck yourself soycuck

Your response just proves my point roach, in your attempt to defend a debased civilization you didn't even deny that Turks had no sophisticated culture and pretended to be Persians, you just went with the tactic of insinuating that widespread sex slaves is fine. In comparison to every other great empire and civilization Turks are disgusting and an embarrassment to the region, driven by perversion and material desires, lacking in culture so badly that they attempt to steal it from the Persians, every non-Turkish person around the world thinks of you as worthless insects.

Looks like I dropped the two claims that provoke the most contrary opinions on this board.

im not turkish and would not care in the slightest if the place somehow broke off from the continent and sank to the bottom of the mediterranean. you're still a little bitch for caring so much about muh white slavery.

good bait

If you are going to read authors and make value judgements about them (muh racism) then it's likely you possess the intellectual honesty and detachment needed for real growth as a thinker.

t. alireza losangeleszahdeh

>losangeleszahdeh
kek

I wish I could have white slaves...

inshallah in the coming years all whites will be slaves. our courtyards, alhamdulillah, will abound with fair skinned maidens.

Nice cultural and moral relativism

whining while the White Southerners and Colonialists had systematic sex slavery and the noble houses kept slave girls, the Vikings had sex slaves, fuck off you fucking nigger we're not on /pol/ enough people here know history to know you're just whining and picking a fight because they smell bad and are ugly browns from Central Asia
>In comparison to every other great empire and civilization Turks are disgusting and an embarrassment to the region, driven by perversion and material desires
not really you're just projecting your disgust onto them, which many white europeans did not and do not share
>they steal from Persians
whites steal from Greeks and Semites who cares?
>everyone thinks turks are insects
nope

>He treated his heroes like Saints and his enemies like cockroaches.
Not really. Raskolnikov was both and neither. The moral character of his protagonists tended to be much more subtle and ambiguous than was standard for the time, which is part of the reason why Nietzsche loved him so much.

The same reason anyone else hates Turks, experience.

Attached: 1519210707257.png (500x300, 53K)

Maybe by Anglos and Germans, but everyone with a little bit brain inside their skulls can see Cervantes is better than Dostoevsky and Dante is better than Shakespeare.

>of brain

Fixed.

>everyone thinks turks are insects
>nope
Where I'm from, hating the turk is a centuries old national religion. To this day, we are taught to never forget the scar of the turkish scourge from our collective backs. I don't know where you're from (probably Germany or some other place where you are taught to hate yourselves and your past) but I wanted to assure you there are parts of the world where literally everybody despises the turk with a casual indifference because it's the default state.

Because he was a cuckold compared to Dostoyevsky?

Too many newfags on lit falling for your obvious bait