Just amrathoned the first 10 pages. When does it get good?

Its literal nonsense.

Attached: 565195eb68041ec66d7abc759de8133a.jpg (253x400, 21K)

>

Racist

No one would pretend to like it if a woman or black person wrote it.

Pretty much op. It's so purple its oppressive.

It's not purple. It's surreal.
Reading Pynchon is like watching Lynch or even a cartoon. Don't take it so literally.

I don't get it please explain

If the first ten pages are nonsense to you then I don't understand how you read books.

This is the only book I have left to read of the meme trilogy
Is the flavor of autism closer to IJ or Ulysses?

Memes are not for reading, only for joking.

Gravity's Rainbow is it's own thing but if I had to compare it to either of two it'd be Ulysses

A soldier in London during the blitz has a dream about bombing, and then goes to tend his banana garden while thinking about death. It's rendered in surreal nightmare prose because it's a surreal nightmare. Are all the anons reading GR really brainlets? I refuse to believe it.

Attached: 1349048487982.gif (290x400, 155K)

Most people just don't have the patience to see it through.

Especially not /pol/tards worried about "degeneracy". Imagine if they actually read far enough to get to the imaginary black guys that rape slothrop that he escapes by diving into the toilet or all of the sissification stuff with Bilcero.

Hell, they'd probably be really uncomfortable just with the idea of the Schwarzkommando.

Kek

Burn all Modernists

Attached: 5.jpg (1600x1066, 387K)

Confirmed for understanding almost nothing about classicism, modernism or postmodernism.

OP here. I thought it was set in America, now that you say its in London, yeah, that explains a lot.

>Just amrathoned the first 10 pages
top kek

Really OP, keep on reading. This book is seriously fucking funny and is written almost perfectly.

Ur in for a bad time

what a pleb

He's just going to get some bananananas desu. No está tonterías tan lejos como puedo veo.

Yes, that’s the point. The only thing I remember is a scene about a guy eating a prostitute’s shit. This book is garbage.

The biggest difference between Ulysses / GR and IJ is that the first two books are good.

I don't think anyone has the power to make you enjoy a book.

But yes, it's shit.

absolutely retaded
they don't rape slothrop you fucking nigger they almost do and they're not actually there its all psychotic delusions, half the book is just nonsense from Pynchon's MKULTRA visions

Why would you describe the action as "marathoning" and not "reading"? This is the stupidest shit phenomenon i've ever seen.

Also Pynchon's prose is pretty difficult for first time readers, especially if they haven't read much other fiction like this. GR wasn't my first of his, so I had had a bit of time to warm up, even so, Rainbow was still a challenge at the start. For me, it eventually just clicked. it's hard to explain.

Well based on the fact that you used the word "marathoning" i would suggest you actually take your time to read it. I'm just reading it myself and find many of the parts difficult, in fact ive been doing roughly 12 pages a day.
A lot of it you really just have to chew on because the meanings can be very cryptic and almost "hidden" below his difficult prose.
Honestly though I was captured by the prose on the first 2 pages so maybe its just not something youre interested in, the entire appeal of Pynchon is what you think is nonsense.
It also only gets more difficult from where you're at and thats not because of the prose, the plots (like 6 at a time) became ambiguous and hard to follow.